Vote for Schneiderlin

stevy777_x

A poll is currently up in the équipe website (most famous sport news paper in France) to see who should have been called up in the french squad following the withdrawal of Mavuba.

Go to the bottom of the article and vote for Morgan.

He is currently second. Idéal opportunity for getting more média attention on him. Once the poll is over they will write an article on the résult of the poll. Let s get the Morgan for France movement up and running!

Was poor on weekend and gone backwards since last season.

Done - voted.

I think he's had a decent season. He's a classy operator and can use the ball very well, the only criticism you can have of him is his lack of offensive penetration - that's one area of his game which has never really evolved, although he's beginning to make late runs into the box. I'm not sure he's ever going to be a goal scoring attacking midfielder though, he's not that type - he's more of a Pirlo type deep-sitting play maker.

The thing with Morgan is that when he plays well, the entire team function - and you don't really notice him as he provides the platform for the attaching players to sparkle. When he has an off day, and he wasn't great on Saturday, the midfield doesn't function and the team looks very disjointed - and you notice him giving the ball away too.

But he's still a massively important player for us and for me, one of the first names on the team sheet.

Just makes you realise how many talented midfielders the French have at their disposal. Really would be one of the favourites for the tournament if they hadn't had a good decade of crippling mismanagement at international level.

Its like England but even more extreme.

Done - voted.

I think he's had a decent season. He's a classy operator and can use the ball very well, the only criticism you can have of him is his lack of offensive penetration - that's one area of his game which has never really evolved, although he's beginning to make late runs into the box. I'm not sure he's ever going to be a goal scoring attacking midfielder though, he's not that type - he's more of a Pirlo type deep-sitting play maker.

The thing with Morgan is that when he plays well, the entire team function - and you don't really notice him as he provides the platform for the attaching players to sparkle. When he has an off day, and he wasn't great on Saturday, the midfield doesn't function and the team looks very disjointed - and you notice him giving the ball away too.

But he's still a massively important player for us and for me, one of the first names on the team sheet.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he should be an attacking midfielder, just that they expect a greater return from him in the final third, which he showed signs of last year, but appears to have gone a bit backwards on this season.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he should be an attacking midfielder, just that they expect a greater return from him in the final third, which he showed signs of last year, but appears to have gone a bit backwards on this season.

don't really know, seems to be trying to get goals but nothing comes off, perhaps that's because of faulty execution though. The extra time shot on Saturday would have been a super goal because Mignolet was going the wrong way but it just happened to hit Agger (I think) and bounce away. Same thing with the volley in the first half, bit too high but when you watch a lot of football it's the same thing that you see in every game. We had 13 shots I think, scored no goals,only 3 of them blocked, which probably means that Liverpool were effective in closing us down, sort of thing we were doing when we were winning matches. I think we might get more goals from midfield if our "wide men" could get to the bye-line a bit more though and pull the ball back more accurately. Some of our crossing is a bit woeful..

Anyway the poll is now closed.

Edited by Window Cleaner