RESTORE OUR RIGHT TO PRIORITY TICKETS FOR HOME GAMES - PLEASE!!!!!

Your friend or family member has to go to games, same as someone who isn't related to a season ticket holder.

If you're concerned about 'true fans' getting tickets that seems reasonable to me!

This is not about some sort of egalitarian desire of everyone getting a chance to go to games. This is about a business rewarding the people who finance it when the TV aren't interested and the stands are half empty i.e the season ticket holders. The best true fans are the ones who 'support' it financially every week as opposed to from the pub or 4 times a season

I rather agree with this. I would far rather a true supporter who goes to a few games gets the tickets than a friend of mine who has no interest and I would definitely go with the "even if I could, I wouldn't" bit.

All a bit naïve really. Season ticket holders are the real true supporters not the people who turn up 4 times a season. This is about rewarding the people who put money into the Club not cherry pickers.

This is not about some sort of egalitarian desire of everyone getting a chance to go to games. This is about a business rewarding the people who finance it when the TV aren't interested and the stands are half empty i.e the season ticket holders. The best true fans are the ones who 'support' it financially every week as opposed to from the pub or 4 times a season

Yes, you support the club at every game and you've got your rewards. That's right and proper. Your friends and family, who don't contribute anything, don't get anything in return. It's like me expecting a free sarnie from Asda because my mum shops there every week. It's really not that hard to grasp!

As a Season Ticket holder who would have liked to buy a ticket for cousin visiting from Oz, I think actually it is fairer the way it is. My cousin has been to no games this season, and one last, why should he get priority over people who have attended 4 home games? Are you sure in the past season ticket holders have had the right to buy tickets for games that they already have a ticket for? I know we have priority for FA Cup and League Cup games but wasn't aware we had the "right" to buy extra tickets for hangers on for games that are likely to sell out. I have only been season ticket holder for this year and last so don't know what it used to be like in the old days. In any case you do not have a right to anything, it depends on the commercial contract between you and the football club that you entered into when you purchased your season ticket.

That said if anyone has a ticket for sale I would be interested in buying one.

I have to correct you on your assertion. We did have the contractual 'right' previously to first refusal on tickets. That right has been removed by the Club (as it is allowed to do contractually). I want that 'right ' under contract restored. With regards to Man U tickets I have bought them as I had already bought 3 season tickets plus extras for 8 home games. I have not been affected by this policy change but I do not want to see our contractual 'rights' removed now that the Club can afford to treat us badly - they would never have dared pull this one when we were in League 1 for example

Yes, you support the club at every game and you've got your rewards. That's right and proper. Your friends and family, who don't contribute anything, don't get anything in return. It's like me expecting a free sarnie from Asda because my mum shops there every week. It's really not that hard to grasp!

You miss the point. It does not matter who I bring. It matters that my loyalty is rewarded with first refusal to bring guests. This is about rewarding true fans who invest in the Club and not about giving everyone the right to buy a ticket. This is not about a free sarnie as I am happy to pay. However, to use your example I could give my Asda loyalty point to anyone I like to buy those sarnies. This is not hard to grasp either!!!

This is nothing like a free sarnie. The tickets have to be paid for, they're not free. To extend your allegory, it's like expecting your mum to get first choice of which extra sarnie to buy for you because at the beginning of the year she has bought a year's worth of shopping.

Customer A: has been to 4/5/6 games this season, buying tickets against an existing customer number.

Customer B: has not bought any games against a separate customer number, has a mate with a season ticket who he asks to get him a ticket.

There's no scenario where customer B should have priority. The only (hypothetical) person I empathise with is:

Customer C: has been to a few games this season by asking his mate with a season ticket to get them against his number because it's easier. Now can't get a ticket because he didn't get it himself.

Think on this one. A plastic could buy 5 or more tickets and ebay them for a few of the cheaper games. He then gets to pick all the good games and continue to buy them for selling on to make a fat profit on ebay. A true fan like a season ticket holder would generally not do this. However, the club's new policy positively encourages it. Hacking off the season ticket holders in favour of lesser investors makes no business sense.

A counter to this would be...

Why should the friend of a season ticket holder who hasn't been to a game all season get priority over someone who has been to four games?

For the first and probably only time in this forums history mr wrong has got something right.

Customer A: has been to 4/5/6 games this season, buying tickets against an existing customer number.

Customer B: has not bought any games against a separate customer number, has a mate with a season ticket who he asks to get him a ticket.

There's no scenario where customer B should have priority. The only (hypothetical) person I empathise with is:

Customer C: has been to a few games this season by asking his mate with a season ticket to get them against his number because it's easier. Now can't get a ticket because he didn't get it himself.

You conveniently forgot customer A* who has bought 19 tickets or more (3 season tickets = 57 games) + 6 away games + extra home tickets - I think! plus 6 in hospitality) who should have a first refusal for additional tickets above customers A, B and C put together. Again you are thinking about the guest's right to attend which is immaterial. This is about the benefit of being a season ticket holder who puts in more cash than customers A, B or C being allowed first refusal on tickets as a thank you for spending more money than part time attendees with the club.

You conveniently forgot customer A* who has bought 19 tickets or more (3 season tickets = 57 games) + 6 away games + extra home tickets - I think! plus 6 in hospitality) who should have a first refusal for additional tickets above customers A, B and C put together. Again you are thinking about the guest's right to attend which is immaterial. This is about the benefit of being a season ticket holder who puts in more cash than customers A, B or C being allowed first refusal on tickets as a thank you for spending more money than part time attendees with the club.

No I didn't forget him. He has his seat for the game and priority for cup and away games. Unless you plan on sitting in both seats, it's not your prerogative to decide who sits in the other seats, as admirable as your generosity is.

For the first and probably only time in this forums history mr wrong has got something right.

No - I think he has maintained his track record and got it wrong again, The counter to the counter is that the season ticket holder has more right to more tickets than casual attendees. This is not a new concept - most social clubs, gold clubs, tennis clubs etc give first refusal of tickets to the most generous benefactors to the club as it makes business sense. Basically, put more money in get more out!

No - I think he has maintained his track record and got it wrong again, The counter to the counter is that the season ticket holder has more right to more tickets than casual attendees. This is not a new concept - most social clubs, gold clubs, tennis clubs etc give first refusal of tickets to the most generous benefactors to the club as it makes business sense. Basically, put more money in get more out!

This is true. Most organisations offer the right to pay to bring along a guest.

No I didn't forget him. He has his seat for the game and priority for cup and away games. Unless you plan on sitting in both seats' date=' it's not your prerogative to decide who sits in the other seats, as admirable as your generosity is.[/quote']

This is the whole point. I am making the case that it should be my prerogative to get first choice on extra seats as I put more money into the club than casual attendees; it matters not who I buy the extra ticket for - but limited to 1 per season ticket held so as not to make this a money making exercise. On the topic of true fans - a season ticket holder is the least likely to buy a ticket for a plastic.

This is the whole point. I am making the case that it should be my prerogative to get first choice on extra seats as I put more money into the club than casual attendees; it matters not who I buy the extra ticket for - but limited to 1 per season ticket held so as not to make this a money making exercise. On the topic of true fans - a season ticket holder is the least likely to buy a ticket for a plastic.

I understand your point. I'm a season ticket holder too. But I know if I didn't have one, I'd be pretty ****ed off if I couldn't get a ticket because you wanted to get one for your mate.

Ok ok ok. I'll speak to mr Kreuger and see if he doesn't mind if you sort out the guest list for the next game.

Yes please, if you don't mind. Most season ticket holders miss a few games over the season so financially there's no real advantage to buying one so from the business point of view you have to make their purchase more attractive which usually involves giving some worthwhile privileges, something that is not offered to casual customers.

Ok ok ok. I'll speak to mr Kreuger and see if he doesn't mind if you sort out the guest list for the next game.

So kind, let me know what he says but I might give him a nudge at Swansea tomorrow. Joking aside, I always get the tickets I want; including tables in hospitality (tax deductible too). I just don't like to see loyalty get bashed by the so called big boys when they are riding high. They will soon come begging when times are bad................

So kind, let me know what he says but I might give him a nudge at Swansea tomorrow. Joking aside, I always get the tickets I want; including tables in hospitality (tax deductible too). I just don't like to see loyalty get bashed by the so called big boys when they are riding high. They will soon come begging when times are bad................

Er... cough, Villa?

Those who buy season tickets are less rich than those who cherry-pick their four or five games a season and save their money but not buying the other 14/15 games.

What about those that can only afford 4 or 5 games a season?

Are they the rubbish fans?

I'm confused.

Does all this mean that the richest fans are the bestest fans?

Sadly no - The richest fans generally go full hospitality and a lot of them are not fans at all. Season ticket holders are not necessarily rich but they are committed. Bottom line is the Club is a business not a charity. They need to reward loyalty - it pays off when times are bad. I seem to remember it was less than 5 years ago that Saints were struggling to sell 15,000 season tickets. Allowing these loyal fans first choice on extra tickets (just one per seat) is a small recognition for loyalty

Sadly no - The richest fans generally go full hospitality and a lot of them are not fans at all. Season ticket holders are not necessarily rich but they are committed. Bottom line is the Club is a business not a charity. They need to reward loyalty - it pays off when times are bad. I seem to remember it was less than 5 years ago that Saints were struggling to sell 15,000 season tickets. Allowing these loyal fans first choice on extra tickets (just one per seat) is a small recognition for loyalty

Maybe we could get gold pin badges next season?

And all those who only do the odd game could get a plain red star?

I wouldn't want to mistake a real fan for a plastic.

What about those that can only afford 4 or 5 games a season?

Are they the rubbish fans?

I'm confused.

In financial terms yes. In people terms of course not. This is about rewarding financial commitment with a perk not who is rubbish

Maybe we could get gold pin badges next season?

And all those who only do the odd game could get a plain red star?

Oh the irony meets your sarcasm head on! We actually did get gold pin badges this year and a rubbish little usb stick with our season tickets. I would swap the badge for first refusal on extra tickets

In financial terms yes. In people terms of course not. This is about rewarding financial commitment with a perk not who is rubbish

As a season ticket holder I regard securing my seat next to my mates for every home game as reward enough. I am not looking for any other perks.

Oh the irony meets your sarcasm head on! We actually did get gold pin badges this year and a rubbish little usb stick with our season tickets. I would swap the badge for first refusal on extra tickets

It was more gunmetal than gold.

I understand your point. I'm a season ticket holder too. But I know if I didn't have one' date=' I'd be pretty ****ed off if I couldn't get a ticket because you wanted to get one for your mate.[/quote']

That is why you are a season ticket holder mate

Think on this one. A plastic could buy 5 or more tickets and ebay them for a few of the cheaper games. He then gets to pick all the good games and continue to buy them for selling on to make a fat profit on ebay. A true fan like a season ticket holder would generally not do this. However, the club's new policy positively encourages it. Hacking off the season ticket holders in favour of lesser investors makes no business sense.

Selling football tickets on is generally illegal. Added to that eBay usually remove such listings. That however does not stop someone buying tickets and selling on if they really want to go to the trouble to.

It really isn't rife though as I do not think I have ever seen a tout at St Mary's for a Saints match.

Selling football tickets on is generally illegal. Added to that eBay usually remove such listings. That however does not stop someone buying tickets and selling on if they really want to go to the trouble to.

It really isn't rife though as I do not think I have ever seen a tout at St Mary's for a Saints match.

Oh the naivety of it all. Toting at the event is so last century - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Sport-Events-/170590/i.html

I think they should introduce some sort of loyalty points system, where you get awarded points for buying tickets that then gives you priority... and maybe the season ticket should count as a lot of points up front. Seems fair to me.

Cracking idea - at last we are coming up with solutions

I think they should introduce some sort of loyalty points system, where you get awarded points for buying tickets that then gives you priority... and maybe the season ticket should count as a lot of points up front. Seems fair to me.

Yep. If the points system was properly implemented we wouldn't be bored to tears with this thread;)

mmm...kinda gold! Never worn it as I think it's a bit 'look at me, I'm an uber-fan'.

Is yours glued on?

It is in the drawer - I lost the other 2 when they fell off I the pub I think

As a season ticket holder I regard securing my seat next to my mates for every home game as reward enough. I am not looking for any other perks.

Good for you. Perhaps that perk will go soon if we give in to people chipping away at our terms and condition. Man U fans have their tickets suspended if they don't buy cup game for example.

Very good ;-)

I can see where you are coming from too. I'm just not sure I agree.

I have bought 5 or 6 extra tickets this year for friends/family plus the cup games and one away on top of my ST, but I don't see it as my right to have first dibs.