RESTORE OUR RIGHT TO PRIORITY TICKETS FOR HOME GAMES - PLEASE!!!!!

What a load of made up rubbish.Half of the away games in London this year went on general sale, the Spurs game didn't even sell out.

so i don;t have the knack of made up gold like you do

tbh i didn't even try this year due to wasting so much time last year. the only tickets I could get were fulham and I was only eligible for 1 seat. like i said, no fun.

so i don;t have the knack of made up gold like you do

tbh i didn't even try this year due to wasting so much time last year. the only tickets I could get were fulham and I was only eligible for 1 seat. like i said, no fun.

Should have gone in the neutral end at fulham. Thousands of saints fans. Ordered 3 tickets online and delivered to me 2 days later.

You're totally wrong on this one 42. I cannot commit to a season ticket as my personal and family life does not allow me the freedom to go to every home game. I have however been to 8 home games this season and feel I am fully deserving of my right to be given priority for a Man Utd ticket. Why should one of your friends or family who have contributed nothing to the club this season (and probably aren't even a 'proper fan') be given priority over some one who has attended nearly half the games at St Marys this season?

Your argument is 100% flawed my friend.

You're totally wrong on this one 42. I cannot commit to a season ticket as my personal and family life does not allow me the freedom to go to every home game. I have however been to 8 home games this season and feel I am fully deserving of my right to be given priority for a Man Utd ticket. Why should one of your friends or family who have contributed nothing to the club this season (and probably aren't even a 'proper fan') be given priority over some one who has attended nearly half the games at St Marys this season?

Your argument is 100% flawed my friend.

We're going around in circles. Not quite 100%, the ST holder has paid for 10 more games than you over the season (average price may be higher or lower).

It is absolutely fair that a committed season ticket holder and investor in the Club should be able to have first refusal on additional tickets over someone who attends (pays) for less than quarter of a season.

It really really isn't. We get some barking posts on here but I think this thread has just about topped it. Well done to the club for putting an end to this practice and giving fans who have actually attended games at least some priority.

It really really isn't. We get some barking posts on here but I think this thread has just about topped it. Well done to the club for putting an end to this practice and giving fans who have actually attended games at least some priority.

Less of the insults, please, there's nothing barking about another opinion, unless you apply that to all who differ from yours. When you say 'fans who have actually attended games' doesn't this include ST holders, or don't they count as much as 'fans who have actually attended a few games'?

Less of the insults, please, there's nothing barking about another opinion, unless you apply that to all who differ from yours. When you say 'fans who have actually attended games' doesn't this include ST holders, or don't they count as much as 'fans who have actually attended a few games'?

Yes of course ST holders count. But they've already got their own ticket. He wants to be able to buy one for someone else. The "fans who have actually attended games" want to buy their own ticket. They aren't looking to buy one for someone else as well. Of course they should get priority. Why should someone who hasn't been to a game all season get priority of someone who has (whether it's 1 or 18) just because they happen to know a ST holder?

42's whole argument seems to be confusing the issue with buying tickets for cup ties. Then, of course ST holders should get priority, but still only for their own seat.

This reminds of a a poster who started a thread a few years ago, can't remember who but I'm sure someone can remind us, who had a ST but had been working abroad, and got really upset on here complaining that when he came home the ticket office wouldn't sell him his own seat (not an extra one) for a normal league game. It took several people pointing out he'd already paid for his own seat, why was he trying to buy it again when the penny finally dropped. :D At least he had the good grace to admit he'd been a total plonker.

Yes of course ST holders count. But they've already got their own ticket. He wants to be able to buy one for someone else. The "fans who have actually attended games" want to buy their own ticket. They aren't looking to buy one for someone else as well. Of course they should get priority. Why should someone who hasn't been to a game all season get priority of someone who has (whether it's 1 or 18) just because they happen to know a ST holder?

It's the ST holder who would be getting the priority over the would-be purchaser who has been to a few games, not the person for whom the ST holder is buying the ticket, that's the distinction. In both cases we are talking about somebody buying a ticket, should that person be someone who has bought a handful all season or somebody who has bought all of them?

It's the ST holder who would be getting the priority over the would-be purchaser who has been to a few games, not the person for whom the ST holder is buying the ticket, that's the distinction. In both cases we are talking about somebody buying a ticket, should that person be someone who has bought a handful all season or somebody who has bought all of them?

Unless the Season Ticket holder is a fat twt, he can only sit in one seat. He has a seat for the man utd game, he has priority for cup games, he has priority for away games and you still want him to have priority for seats he cant even sit in. What do you think we are, some sort of ****ing golf club. Perhaps that's what you want, you can only watch a game if you're signed in by a season ticket holder. And to think people say we need a fan on the board.

I didn't know season tickets holders had this sideline business going as ticket touts, but i can understand why they want to protect it.

It's the way away tickets are heading.

Liverpool is there already. You need to have been to something like 14 games to get an away ticket, so season ticket holders just buy tickets for every away game and become the distribution network for away tickets.

Because I'm a relapsed season ticket holder/current plastic, I've not been to any home games this season. My friend is a season ticket holder. I would not expect me to get a ticket ahead of people who have actually been to games just because my mate has a season ticket. I know it used to be a perk but I never thought it could be justified. I have absolutely no problem with it and i don't expect many season ticket holders do. If you want priority for a ticket for yourself, either get a ticket or go o lots of games.

Can't believe this thread is still going - should be consigned to the Muppet Show!

I doubt the local Plods would be very happy with Saints providing extra tickets to ST holders for any passing 'mate' that happens to ask for one. Likelihood is that that mate would in this case be a ManUre fan and ergo a potential public order threat in the home end. SFC are quite right in not allowing ST holders extra tickets willy nilly to pass to 'strangers' - end of really

This is a local club for local people....

Let me get this correct, 42 is advocating that season ticket holder and their hanger on mates should always have priority over everyone else, this excellent idea would alienate all potential new fans as they could never get a ticket as only season ticket holders and their mates would be able to get them for big matches. So if you are unable to shell out £700.00, this system would prevent anyone who is not a season ticket holder or a mate of a season ticket holder going to a glamour game, it is tantamount to saying you are lower class and therefore you are only entitled to go to the less glamorous games. It would take a brave chairman or owner to instigate a policy that would alienate the majority of fans that says you can come to watch the crap teams but not the glamour ones. That policy is bound to increase support, so we try to break into other market to increase revenue and then say to these new fans, hey spend your money on us but you can't come to a game, because you are not best mate with a current season ticket holder. Go with that policy Ralph, I am sure that Katerina will have you out of a job quite quickly.

Edited by mcjwills

ST holders already get their perks. the same seat every week for a discounted price

why on earth should one of their mates, who cant be arsed to go any other week deserve a ticket over someone who does actually go?

It's not a perk if you've paid for it, and as we have explained before there is no real discount because almost inevitably you have to miss a couple of games.

And I would change that last part to 'over someone who can't be arsed to go most other weeks'.

Oh no he doesn't.

I think you're losing your marbles grandad. I had a season ticket for over 10 years before this season and there wasn't one cup game at St Marys I couldn't get a ticket for. Away games is obviously a different story because it depends on the size of the allocation.

It's not a perk if you've paid for it, and as we have explained before there is no real discount because almost inevitably you have to miss a couple of games.

And I would change that last part to 'over someone who can't be arsed to go most other weeks'.

it is a perk as you get your seat guaranteed at a discounted price

its no one elses fault but the ST holder if they miss a game

maybe dont get a ST if you miss games

So basically you're saying the club is losing money because you've reserved a seat at a discount price that you're not using and that the club could have sold at full price? That explains all those annoying gaps you see at numerous sold out games during the course of a season

I think you're losing your marbles grandad. I had a season ticket for over 10 years before this season and there wasn't one cup game at St Marys I couldn't get a ticket for. Away games is obviously a different story because it depends on the size of the allocation.

I have had several cup games at St Mary's where I haven't been able to get my seat, but away games are the ones I was particularly referring to. I've had a ST for twenty years and somebody who's bought their's this season gets priority over me because they've already been to some away games. Give somebody else a chance, I say :rolleyes:

Edited by Whitey Grandad

So basically you're saying the club is losing money because you've reserved a seat at a discount price that you're not using and that the club could have sold at full price? That explains all those annoying gaps you see at numerous sold out games during the course of a season

I haven't 'reserved' a seat, I've paid for it. It's up to me whether I go or not, it makes no difference to the club. Some clubs have a system whereby if you know you can't go then they can sell a ticket for your seat and you effectively split the takings. It's all a matter of basic marketing. A club like Man U for example don't want a stadium full of STs because they won't load themselves up on extras from the club shop. They prefer to keep a proportion of seats free for the once a year fanatics who will buy everything including the Ryan Giggs bedspread cover.

The modest discount is there because of the savings in advertising and administration and the value of having the money up front.

no it isnt. jesus christ.

Language, Timothy, capital letters at least please. There's a delicate balance between filling the stadium with season tickets and having to make 32,000 individual sales every fortnight. If the advantages of buying a ST are too small then you fewer get sold, as happened this season.

Anyone - just answer this one question please - Why is it right that someone could purposely buy just one ticket for one game with a mate (on separate customer numbers) and then get priority over 20,000 ST holders to bring any other mate who has never been to a game in his life to the prime home games.

If you understand this loophole then buy just 3 more tickets and bring 3 completely different mates who have never been to a game in their lives PLUS be at the front of the queue for more tickets going forward. Now do you get the point?

Can't believe this thread is still going - should be consigned to the Muppet Show!

I doubt the local Plods would be very happy with Saints providing extra tickets to ST holders for any passing 'mate' that happens to ask for one. Likelihood is that that mate would in this case be a ManUre fan and ergo a potential public order threat in the home end. SFC are quite right in not allowing ST holders extra tickets willy nilly to pass to 'strangers' - end of really

This is a local club for local people....

WRONG - I am saying that someone who turns up with his mate (on 2 customer numbers) just for 1 game has priority to bring another mate to the top games over any ST holder. How is that right? Buy 3 more games and you are top of the list to bring any mate you like! Get it now?

Anyone - just answer this one question please - Why is it right that someone could purposely buy just one ticket for one game with a mate (on separate customer numbers) and then get priority over 20,000 ST holders to bring any other mate who has never been to a game in his life to the prime home games.

If you understand this loophole then buy just 3 more tickets and bring 3 completely different mates who have never been to a game in their lives PLUS be at the front of the queue for more tickets going forward. Now do you get the point?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/13042014-southampton-manchester-united-ticketing-arrangements-1486124.aspx

Priority still goes to registered home fans who have actually attended home games. Starting at 4 games then working down a day of sale for 3 games, 2 etc.

Frankly, It doesn't bother me especially as:

TICKETS FOR THIS GAME WILL BE SOLD STRICTLY ON THE BASIS OF ONE TICKET PER QUALIFYING CUSTOMER NUMBER

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/13042014-southampton-manchester-united-ticketing-arrangements-1486124.aspx#JqESqctO1W1IvKdJ.99

They clearly are not intending to offer double the tickets available to people with non-season ticket holding customer numbers. If there is a loophole, bring it to the clubs attention so it can be shut. There is clearly no intention to shaft season ticket holders... who are already paying less for each of their certain seats.

If we cannot sell out under these terms for the last game of the season to loyal fans then it's fair game as far as i'm concerned. Loyal home fans who are not season ticket holders had their chance.... that the game didn't sell out until this morning is more damning of our fanbase then any action the ticket office has taken.... Saints fans who have not been to home games have had a chance to get tickets regardless.

As for making season ticket holders an elite group who could sell out the stadium by themselves if they all had a mate? Nonsense. It would kill the chance to grow the fanbase.

Edited by Colinjb

At last - someone can see the loophole. I know the Club don't intend this to happen - that is why it is a loophole!

The current policy actually allows people to buy a couple of tickets and get priority to bring a guest over 20,000 ST holders. Whether it bothers anyone or not I don't care.

I have done the sums and this option only becomes uneconomic at 17 games. Most ST holders miss more than 2 games so if you are happy to sit in different seats, want flexibility, want to bring mates who have never been to a game in their lives PLUS save cash then ditch the ST. Simples

At last - someone can see the loophole.

No... I don't see it. Frankly I can't be f*cked to re-read the entire 6 page clusterf*ck of a thread.

Season ticket holders cannot buy a second ticket

Members who meet eligibility criteria cannot.

When on open sale.... it's just that, open sale. Anyone who wanted one at that point and had been before could have got one..... All comers at that time INCLUDING members and season ticket holders can buy.

What is the loophole exactly? Should there be no free sale period?

Personally, I do not believe that being a season ticket holder should give you priority over anyone, you are already getting a better deal (thanks to your prior pledged loyalty) and priority for cup games and a step ahead for away games. Getting the chance to buy another ticket on top would just create a scenario of having up to 20,000 people needing to do a raffle to see who could get access to an extra ticket. If everyone went in the stadium would be over-capacity. Clearly as the Man Utd game went to general sale, even with members, there is no demand for that.

Edited by Colinjb

No... I don't see it. Frankly I can't be f*cked to re-read the entire 6 page clusterf*ck of a thread.

Season ticket holders cannot buy a second ticket

Members who meet eligibility criteria cannot.

When on open sale.... it's just that, open sale. Anyone who wanted one at that point and had been before could have got one..... All comers at that time INCLUDING members and season ticket holders can buy.

What is the loophole exactly? Should there be no free sale period?

Personally, I do not believe that being a season ticket holder should give you priority over anyone, you are already getting a better deal (thanks to your prior pledged loyalty) and priority for cup games and a step ahead for away games. Getting the chance to buy another ticket on top would just create a scenario of having up to 20,000 people needing to do a raffle to see who could get access to an extra ticket. If everyone went in the stadium would be over-capacity. Clearly as the Man Utd game went to general sale, even with members, there is no demand for that.

In the most simplest simple simpleton of terms in Simplesville - buy 2 tickets (under 2 customer numbers) gives you a higher priority than every one of the 20,000 ST holders to take a guest. It really is not hard to understand. Buy only 4 tickets for you and your mates who have never been to any games in their lives and you are in front of everybody else to buy tickets for guests. Get it?

In the most simplest simple simpleton of terms in Simplesville - buy 2 tickets (under 2 customer numbers) gives you a higher priority than every one of the 20,000 ST holders to take a guest. It really is not hard to understand. Buy only 4 tickets for you and your mates who have never been to any games in their lives and you are in front of everybody else to buy tickets for guests. Get it?

So.... At the point of general sale register two numbers to get two tickets..... At the same time when anyone else can do the same damn thing? Season ticket holders can buy extra tickets at that point too! It doesn't tie you into only buying one seat, I've purchased tickets for friends this season, never had a problem.

You buy tickets, you get priority. You still have to buy four tickets under one number to queue jump. As for the priority over people who already have a discounted ticket. Fine by me!

Edited by Colinjb

You can only get priority if you have bought tickets for prior games. And then it's only for yourself. one number, one ticket per game. If you are committed enough to seriously want to buy a ticket beforehand with no intention of using it for that game just to get priority for another then good luck, you've paid double for a ticket for one game.

They have paid extra for the privilege, it's not a loophole.

NO NO NO - WRONG! - Let's try again by simple steps. 1. I register 2 customer numbers - 1 for me and 1 for my Portsmouth mate. 2. I buy 2 tickets and take him or a different mate it does not matter. I am now ahead of the list of any ST holder to take whatever mate I want to. 3. I buy 3 more tickets for me and a guest and I am now top priority, first in the queue for all top games. ST holders can eat my s@*t as they are so far behind me in bringing their mates that I laugh at their foolishness for buying a ST

NO NO NO - WRONG! - Let's try again by simple steps. 1. I register 2 customer numbers - 1 for me and 1 for my Portsmouth mate. 2. I buy 2 tickets and take him or a different mate it does not matter. I am now ahead of the list of any ST holder to take whatever mate I want to. 3. I buy 3 more tickets for me and a guest and I am now top priority, first in the queue for all top games. ST holders can eat my s@*t as they are so far behind me in bringing their mates that I laugh at their foolishness for buying a ST

They still pay more. Contribute more to the club per head and ensure the season ticket holders are not a closed elite shop allowing for new potential fans to attend games, a cynical skate could also be a young teenager about to get hooked on his local team. Fine by me. Especially as priority still goes to individual game purchasers who attend regularly..... And if they do then fair play. You still need to buy!

I disagree with your intent. I get a certain seat and pay less as a season ticket holder, good luck to the rest in the lottery.

Edited by Colinjb

How come your mate only wants to go to the United game?

You are looking at it from the wrong angle. It's not who is buying the ticket it's who is attending.

Mr 42 already has his his seat via ST .

Mr Someone (x) and Mr Someone's Mate (Y) have been before, so they are entitled to buy a ticket. Note they are entitled to 1 each, not X can buy 2 although he can of course purchase Y's on his behalf, what Y chooses to do with it is not our concern.

Then we have your friend, let's call him The Chosen One. He hasn't been before, but for no other reason than he knows you (a ST holder) he should be allowed to jump the queue? Explain to us again, this time in a way that makes sense, how that can be fair. Of course if TCO had been to a game previously, either with you or alone, he would be in the same position as X & Y.

If this whole thread raises any point actually worthy of discussion it's why did they do away with the membership scheme?

You are looking at it from the wrong angle. It's not who is buying the ticket it's who is attending.

If this whole thread raises any point actually worthy of discussion it's why did they do away with the membership scheme?

1. Why?

2. Agreed, that or some loyalty points scheme.

This reminds of a a poster who started a thread a few years ago, can't remember who but I'm sure someone can remind us, who had a ST but had been working abroad, and got really upset on here complaining that when he came home the ticket office wouldn't sell him his own seat (not an extra one) for a normal league game. It took several people pointing out he'd already paid for his own seat, why was he trying to buy it again when the penny finally dropped. :D At least he had the good grace to admit he'd been a total plonker.

Millwall fan called StuWall.