RESTORE OUR RIGHT TO PRIORITY TICKETS FOR HOME GAMES - PLEASE!!!!!

After 4 pages of debate on this subject, youngest Daughter just realised she doesn't have to work that Sunday "can you get me a ticket Dad". 5 mins later job done against her customer number no ST not sat with us but she doesn't care.

simples

Happy for you mate - I am glad they did not run out

Just saw another thread that shows season ticket sales dropped 700 last year. No surprise really; then again people on this thread think the revenue is not important due to TV revenue since being in the Prem (they may be right?).

With online accessibility to tickets, the benefits of being a season ticket holder are minimal; especially when you take out the games you have paid for but cannot attend due to family/work/holiday commitments. This is because. if your finances are stretched, you can still get access to the top home and away games by just attending 1 to 4 games with your friends/guests which gets you to the front of the priority queue.

Then you just pay for the games you can attend or want to attend on a priority ticket basis; you can also link with your friends to sit together. This is great for people living far away or who can't get to home games as often as they would like. Simples. Don't listen to me though as I'm only a loon :-)

The issue is simple in that 1 person attending 1 match with his mate (both plastic or not - its irrelevant) will get priority to take that mate before someone who has invested significantly more in the Club who has not taken a mate (plastic or not - its irrelevant) to a match. In even simpler terms - spend £70 to get more privileges than someone spending £700. Is that clear enough for you?

As an aside, as mentioned many times in this thread - I already qualify for the new rules and remain unaffected - but that is not the point. Saints are out of sync with other clubs who respect their season ticket holders and their members with priority home tickets. If people thought it through rather than come up with puerile retorts they would see that the people with money are not affected by the policy and can take as many mates as they like any time they like.

The club are not out of sync, they, like the majority of Saints supporters, don't got a toss wether your plastic/manc mate goes to the game or not. They would rather a saints fan with a purchase history went.

The policy makes sense because it rewards the loyalty of the fans that turn up to the less glamorous games and it encourages plastics like your mate to get off their ass and buy a ticket for lesser games instead of just phoning a mate with a ST when Man Utd come to town.

Reward for having a season ticket, cheaper than 19 matchday prices surely? There's your benefit

Not really. I pay around £39 per game per season ticket based on 19 games if I pay the £737 renewal up front (£790 for new guys). The other problem is that very few of us can attend every home game and I end up missing about 3 games a season on average due to family/work commitments. This pushes up the price to around £46 per game. In fact the more I write on this thread the more I think it would be better to go PAYG as I would get the priority home tickets that I don't get as a season ticket holder!!

The club are not out of sync, they, like the majority of Saints supporters, don't got a toss wether your plastic/manc mate goes to the game or not. They would rather a saints fan with a purchase history went.

The policy makes sense because it rewards the loyalty of the fans that turn up to the less glamorous games and it encourages plastics like your mate to get off their ass and buy a ticket for lesser games instead of just phoning a mate with a ST when Man Utd come to town.

What is with you and the abuse? You still don't get it. The policy rewards the people who attend LESS, it rewards the people who only attend top games, it rewards people who want to tout tickets and ignores the people who attend more - season ticket holders and PAYG. You keyboard warriors make me laugh with your Forum Tourette's and inability to grasp a simple concept. Come up with something constructive FFS.

Not really. I pay around £39 per game per season ticket based on 19 games if I pay the £737 renewal up front (£790 for new guys). The other problem is that very few of us can attend every home game and I end up missing about 3 games a season on average due to family/work commitments. This pushes up the price to around £46 per game. In fact the more I write on this thread the more I think it would be better to go PAYG as I would get the priority home tickets that I don't get as a season ticket holder!!

if you do decide to go down that route and want me to sort out some tickets for you, drop me a PM. I'm sure we could find a price that suits us both.

Such ungrateful :( you have ur gold/platinum pin don't ya, what more could a true fan want?

Lol. Another welcome comment mate. It makes a nice change from responding to abusive pond life who have problems understanding basic maths and cannot see when they are getting shafted. :-)

if you do decide to go down that route and want me to sort out some tickets for you, drop me a PM. I'm sure we could find a price that suits us both.

Lol - good one. You may have to explain the joke to some of the neanderthals on this thread though. Second thoughts, they might be the people to sell to?

What is with you and the abuse? You still don't get it. The policy rewards the people who attend LESS, it rewards the people who only attend top games, it rewards people who want to tout tickets and ignores the people who attend more - season ticket holders and PAYG. You keyboard warriors make me laugh with your Forum Tourette's and inability to grasp a simple concept. Come up with something constructive FFS.

Perhaps we don't give a f**k if your plastic mate goes or not nor do we have a problem with how the club manages home ticket sales FFS.

After trying to buy tickets for the upcoming home game against Man United, I noticed that the traditional right of a season ticket holder to buy 1 seat per season ticket has been removed.

I haven't read the whole thread so I expect this has been covered several times, but I don't think this is true is it? I am a ST holder and I went online as soon as the Man Utd tickets went on sale and was able to buy 1 extra ticket for my part-time Saints supporting nephew.....or am I missing your point?

I haven't read the whole thread so I expect this has been covered several times, but I don't think this is true is it? I am a ST holder and I went online as soon as the Man Utd tickets went on sale and was able to buy 1 extra ticket for my part-time Saints supporting nephew.....or am I missing your point?

Hi KP - I think you must have already bought somewhere between 1 and 4 tickets additional to your season ticket earlier in the season?

Perhaps we don't give a f**k if your plastic mate goes or not nor do we have a problem with how the club manages home ticket sales FFS.

Hmm. You need to take a chill pill. The current policy benefits you as you don't get to many games so I understand why you like it. However, unless you have the memory span of a goldfish you already know that I am not buying for plastics (your description not mine). You also know that the current policy benefits people who contribute little at the cost of those who contribute more. Your opinion is noted and filed. Cheerio and best of luck in your endeavours as we probably wont meet because you don't get down too much.

I wonder if buying your own seat for an FA cup tie counts?

I believe it does. I think it counted for mine as I had more than the requisite 4 additional tickets when buying for my sons

Thanks all for your comments; sorry we had to keep to this thread but the admin Nazis would not let me canvas views on our findings on a different thread.

I am now bowing out and taking the campaign to the next level. I enjoyed the banter apart from the one's who 'hit' like little girls and others who really should be wearing helmets and playing with crayons.

It doesn't matter though as most of them don't go to enough games to make a difference

Until the next time.......

Hasta la vista ;-)

You are rewarded for buying a season ticket. By buying up front, in bulk you get

discounted ticket price.

Further, it doesn't necessarily follow that a season ticket holder puts more money into the club than a non season ticket holder.

You are rewarded for buying a season ticket. By buying up front, in bulk you get

discounted ticket price.

Further, it doesn't necessarily follow that a season ticket holder puts more money into the club than a non season ticket holder.

Read before you comment please - both your points are covered in the updated proposal that we were not allowed to put up as a new thread. 1. The reward is a payment by the Club for opportunity loan costs (interest) the club gains and we lose by taking money upfront - so no benefit. 2. In addition, there are on average 3 games or more that a ST holder cannot make but has to pay for - so less benefit. 3. Agree on some ST holders putting similar amount of money into the Club which is why the proposal was to raise the game limit from 4 to 10 to qualify for priority.

A clever proposal to solve this issue came through late last night. Hypothetically speaking a little club of business people who are ST holders would only renew about half of their tickets. The other half would be put into the PAYG bucket under customer numbers so that they can cherry pick the good games and take who they want. People on this forum would agree this is fine under the rules; the group will see the matches they want to, not pay for the ones they want to miss and save about 30% in tickets. This will reduce their joint hospitality bill considerably. Happy days

I really need to get off this thread as people are just repeating the same old arguments which have been sliced and diced and have resulted in a better proposal already - its like I am an addict or something!!!!!

Either you're deliberately misleading people here or your even more gullible than you seem.

If you had bought the first four games of the season on PAYG and all against the same customer number you would have been entitled to buy ONE Man U tkt when they went to open sale .... which would have been for you .... you would still not have been able to bring your beloved +1 under this scenario either.

If you had bought 8 games under the same customer number you would still have been eligible for only ONE Man U tkt (not 2 x 4).

If you had bought 8 tickets for one game under the same customer number you would still have been eligible for only ONE Man U tkt (not 2 x 4).

To make your PAYG scheme realistic you have to decide how many tkts you want for a particular future glory game (say in your case it's yourself +2) and then build up relevant histories against three separate customer numbers, this could get a bit expensive if it's only you on your own for those less glamorous games though.

I do agree with your broad point though; if you are going to definitely miss 3 or 4 games a season, and you're not over-fussed about seeing some of the lesser teams, and you really really want to see all the big games, then for a single person buying the first four games of the season on PAYG is definitely a viable option....

However let's not confuse this customer profile with having a ST which is a completely different beast .... paying up front for 19 games, at a discount (your choice how many games you attend), same seat every week, no tkt to sort/payment to make every time you want to go to a game, first dibs on cup ties including semis and finals etc.

On a slight tangent: your suggestion that 4 PAYG games be increased to 10. I think people massively over-estimate the number of people that buy regular walk-up tkts. The figure of 4 would have been set by the box office based on the figures on their records and the number of tkts available, if '000s of fans had 6 or 8 or 10 games it would have been set much higher; when we got to the Cardiff cup final 'general sale' started at 8 home games (including the cup games), I know cos I got three tkts on 11/11/9 and was knocked back for a fourth tkt on 7 (total games attended 38, tkts required 4 x 8, 32, ticket office said no).

Hmm. You need to take a chill pill. The current policy benefits you as you don't get to many games so I understand why you like it. However, unless you have the memory span of a goldfish you already know that I am not buying for plastics (your description not mine). You also know that the current policy benefits people who contribute little at the cost of those who contribute more. Your opinion is noted and filed. Cheerio and best of luck in your endeavours as we probably wont meet because you don't get down too much.

You clearly have some sort of mental block when it comes to this. There are plenty of Saints fans with a purchase history that will want Man Utd tickets - the club are rewarding their loyalty.

Your mate obviously has little loyalty so is no rewarded with the chance to get a ticket. It's not rocket science. As a ST holder you already get a discount, first dibs on cup games and away tickets, plus don't have to bother trying to phone up and get tickets every 2 weeks - that's more than enough incentive.

As someone who can't afford the time or money to buy a season ticket, (and lets face it, a single ticket is no fun you've got to have a pair), I'm so fed up of being on a waiting list for everything. Season ticket holders already get a cheaper seat, and priority to away games. Living in London, the only away games i've managed to get to in the last few years have been sitting in with the home fans using friends seats at WHL and the bridge.

For fairness, I'd much rather have a raffle where every 'member' gets first chance to buy tickets for one home and one away a season, you can buy or opt out, and over the course of a few years you would get a few big games, and an away game or 2 you might fancy.

the current system isn;t really fair on anyone, even the points based system didn;t work, i got less points for going to a league cup game on a tuesday night than the arsenal game at home last season

As someone who can't afford the time or money to buy a season ticket, (and lets face it, a single ticket is no fun you've got to have a pair), I'm so fed up of being on a waiting list for everything. Season ticket holders already get a cheaper seat, and priority to away games. Living in London, the only away games i've managed to get to in the last few years have been sitting in with the home fans using friends seats at WHL and the bridge.

For fairness, I'd much rather have a raffle where every 'member' gets first chance to buy tickets for one home and one away a season, you can buy or opt out, and over the course of a few years you would get a few big games, and an away game or 2 you might fancy.

the current system isn;t really fair on anyone, even the points based system didn;t work, i got less points for going to a league cup game on a tuesday night than the arsenal game at home last season

What a load of made up rubbish.Half of the away games in London this year went on general sale, the Spurs game didn't even sell out.

Your mate obviously has little loyalty so is no rewarded with the chance to get a ticket. It's not rocket science. As a ST holder you already get a discount, first dibs on cup games and away tickets, plus don't have to bother trying to phone up and get tickets every 2 weeks - that's more than enough incentive.

Not strictly true. Cup games are rarely reserved for ST holders to buy their 'own' seats and very few holders can go to every game so the price works out very similar. I never stood a chance of a ticket for Swansea away.

Not strictly true. Cup games are rarely reserved for ST holders to buy their 'own' seats and very few holders can go to every game so the price works out very similar. I never stood a chance of a ticket for Swansea away.

I definitely remember getting an FA Cup final and semi final ticket on the back of my ST. I'm not sure what cup games you miss out on?

Er, yes it is strictly true. Everything he stated is 100% correct.

I definitely remember getting an FA Cup final and semi final ticket on the back of my ST. I'm not sure what cup games you miss out on?

Home cup games. Either the Kingsland is closed or the seats are on sale to anybody. Occasionally they are on sale to any season ticket holder which means that those in the cheap seats in the corners grab my seat before I can.

You clearly have some sort of mental block when it comes to this. There are plenty of Saints fans with a purchase history that will want Man Utd tickets - the club are rewarding their loyalty.

Not every ST holder gets these all these benefits.
Which bit of his post is wrong? Its all correct. Season tickets are a good deal,that's why so many get them.

Either you're deliberately misleading people here or your even more gullible than you seem.

If you had bought the first four games of the season on PAYG and all against the same customer number you would have been entitled to buy ONE Man U tkt when they went to open sale .... which would have been for you .... you would still not have been able to bring your beloved +1 under this scenario either.

If you had bought 8 games under the same customer number you would still have been eligible for only ONE Man U tkt (not 2 x 4).

If you had bought 8 tickets for one game under the same customer number you would still have been eligible for only ONE Man U tkt (not 2 x 4).

To make your PAYG scheme realistic you have to decide how many tkts you want for a particular future glory game (say in your case it's yourself +2) and then build up relevant histories against three separate customer numbers, this could get a bit expensive if it's only you on your own for those less glamorous games though.

I do agree with your broad point though; if you are going to definitely miss 3 or 4 games a season, and you're not over-fussed about seeing some of the lesser teams, and you really really want to see all the big games, then for a single person buying the first four games of the season on PAYG is definitely a viable option....

However let's not confuse this customer profile with having a ST which is a completely different beast .... paying up front for 19 games, at a discount (your choice how many games you attend), same seat every week, no tkt to sort/payment to make every time you want to go to a game, first dibs on cup ties including semis and finals etc.

On a slight tangent: your suggestion that 4 PAYG games be increased to 10. I think people massively over-estimate the number of people that buy regular walk-up tkts. The figure of 4 would have been set by the box office based on the figures on their records and the number of tkts available, if '000s of fans had 6 or 8 or 10 games it would have been set much higher; when we got to the Cardiff cup final 'general sale' started at 8 home games (including the cup games), I know cos I got three tkts on 11/11/9 and was knocked back for a fourth tkt on 7 (total games attended 38, tkts required 4 x 8, 32, ticket office said no).

I welcome your logic and lack of abuse! I would never mislead anyone on this topic as it is of no benefit to me and I am glad to only seem gullible because I am not.

There are about 15 of us looking at this. We would buy 8 season tickets and 7 PAYG under 7 different memberships (all linked) to make it work. All of us miss at least 3 games a season for a variety of reasons; some of us miss 5 and one missed 8 (a serving member of the Armed Forces). The season tickets give us no priority to bring guests but the 7 PAYG will work very nicely. We did the maths and savings are around 30% minimum; they could be greater

Regarding your tangent, I came up with 10 games for priority as it would only take someone off the street to buy 4 games (8 tickets) to get top priority to bring guests - not much effort to get to the top games with a mate! Therefore, by setting the bar at 10 games it gives the PAYG customer number who has bought 10 tickets top priority and includes ST holders on 19 the chance for additional tickets. This levels up the playing field based on tickets bought but could be set a bit lower to 8?

I would agree on the hassle of buying tickets a while ago. However, it is all done on line now and linking ticket holders makes it dead easy. Another good model is practised by Crystal Palace but it would need adapting. Their system allows members to buy tickets on priority, then season ticket holders to buy for guests, then members guests and then general sale.

Thanks again for you comment

I assure you that I have no mental block. I don't need you telling me what is enough incentive for me to spend my money either.

The system tries to reward loyalty but I have exposed the flaw. Why should someone who buy for 4 games with a guest (8 tickets) get priority to bring that guest again than a ST holder with his 19 tickets or a PAYG customer who has bought 8 tickets or more? Also I am sick and tired of people personalising this as there is supposed to be no abuse on this forum. I HAVED GOT MY TICKETS BECAUSE I QUALIFIED !!!! I just don't see why someone who buys only 8 tickets gets top priority to bring a guest who also might not have been to any games before. Jeez it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes

Bottom line is that my colleagues and I will probably exploit this loophole stay at the front of the queue, bring guests and save a pot load of money. On that basis the system is great - I was just exposing it.

Home cup games. Either the Kingsland is closed or the seats are on sale to anybody. Occasionally they are on sale to any season ticket holder which means that those in the cheap seats in the corners grab my seat before I can.

I suffered the same problem with my Kingsland seats

I'm not sure why the club haven't reintroduced the membership scheme. That used to work quite well, especially when done in tandem with a loyalty-points type system.

Can't say I agree with the OP though. I have a ST but I would never expect that to get me priority for extra tickets that could effectively be used for someone who hasn't been once. Getting priority for cup games or away games, absolutely should go to ST holders first, but not for getting additional home tickets, that makes little sense to expect that IMO.

Which bit of his post is wrong? Its all correct. Season tickets are a good deal,that's why so many get them.

ST holders used to get a BETTER deal that is the whole point of this thread. The whittling away of the ST benefits leads to less seats sold (drop of 700 last year) and more people working out ways to get more for less. It is human nature but many people miss out on how the rule changes affect them - that is why loopholes need to be publicised. I have explained this loophole ad nauseum and I suspect the people staying quiet are going to use it to save loads of cash. After all - priority tickets after only 4 games is a steal ;-)

ST holders used to get a BETTER deal that is the whole point of this thread. The whittling away of the ST benefits leads to less seats sold (drop of 700 last year) and more people working out ways to get more for less. It is human nature but many people miss out on how the rule changes affect them - that is why loopholes need to be publicised. I have explained this loophole ad nauseum and I suspect the people staying quiet are going to use it to save loads of cash. After all - priority tickets after only 4 games is a steal ;-)
Which benefit has been taken away to lead to the drop of 700 season ticket sales in your opinion?

I'm not sure why the club haven't reintroduced the membership scheme. That used to work quite well, especially when done in tandem with a loyalty-points type system.

Can't say I agree with the OP though. I have a ST but I would never expect that to get me priority for extra tickets that could effectively be used for someone who hasn't been once. Getting priority for cup games or away games, absolutely should go to ST holders first, but not for getting additional home tickets, that makes little sense to expect that IMO.

I agree that a membership system in tandem with ST holders would be a step forward.

Regarding additional guests, I can see your logic but it is flawed. You should not agree with the current system as it actually allows someone who has only bought 1 ticket plus 1 guest (different customer numbers) exactly the opportunity to buy more tickets for himself and his guest than the ST holder. In short if you want to take a friend - don't buy a season ticket go PAYG. So you see the people who invest the least get the most which is exactly what you were against.

I agree that a membership system in tandem with ST holders would be a step forward.

Regarding additional guests, I can see your logic but it is flawed. You should not agree with the current system as it actually allows someone who has only bought 1 ticket plus 1 guest (different customer numbers) exactly the opportunity to buy more tickets for himself and his guest than the ST holder. In short if you want to take a friend - don't buy a season ticket go PAYG. So you see the people who invest the least get the most which is exactly what you were against.

That doesn't make sense. You'd end up paying out more across the course of the season. If you were a season ticket holder and wanted to buy a guest a ticket four times across the course of the season, you'd have also been able to buy a guest a ticket for the United game wouldn't you?

I think the idea of getting a ST is that you go to every games (or most) with the same bunch of mates. That what I do, anyway.

And I still don't agree with you. My ST means that I get priority for myself, I get the same ticket every week. If I have other non ST mates who want to come to a game then I think it's unreasonable and unfair that I get to use my season ticket for that. It's not flawed logic at all, in fact, it's very much the way it should work IMO.

Which benefit has been taken away to lead to the drop of 700 season ticket sales in your opinion?

I think you may be setting a trap here - this forum has got me paranoid :-)

I think a mix of things around prices, a squeeze on people's finances due to this long downturn, more Saints on TV, attractiveness of away games venues, availability of seats, difficulty in buying extra tickets since going up the divisions - what do you reckon? The daft thing is that I look back on league 1 and especially the Championship with a bit of nostalgia now and I am not sure why

ST holders used to get a BETTER deal that is the whole point of this thread. The whittling away of the ST benefits leads to less seats sold (drop of 700 last year) and more people working out ways to get more for less.

I think a mix of things around prices, a squeeze on people's finances due to this long downturn, more Saints on TV, attractiveness of away games venues, availability of seats, difficulty in buying extra tickets since going up the divisions - what do you reckon? The daft thing is that I look back on league 1 and especially the Championship with a bit of nostalgia now and I am not sure why

Yes, additional cost understandably hits people. I was just wondering which benefits had been taken away to lead to a drop of 700 tickets that your refernced in your post.

Thanks all for your comments; sorry we had to keep to this thread but the admin Nazis would not let me canvas views on our findings on a different thread.

I am now bowing out and taking the campaign to the next level. I enjoyed the banter apart from the one's who 'hit' like little girls and others who really should be wearing helmets and playing with crayons.

It doesn't matter though as most of them don't go to enough games to make a difference

Until the next time.......

Hasta la vista ;-)

It was the hope that finally got me.

I think the idea of getting a ST is that you go to every games (or most) with the same bunch of mates. That what I do, anyway.

And I still don't agree with you. My ST means that I get priority for myself, I get the same ticket every week. If I have other non ST mates who want to come to a game then I think it's unreasonable and unfair that I get to use my season ticket for that. It's not flawed logic at all, in fact, it's very much the way it should work IMO.

You have a good point with the mates but that is easily overcome now online with linked membership. However, don't kid yourself that you need a ST for priority to get a ticket for a home game.

I ask everyone to answer this one question - If fairness is your concern. Why is it fair for someone to buy just 1 ticket with a guest (on separate customer numbers created for this purpose) to get priority to bring that guest (or another guest who has never attended) above and beyond a committed ST holder or committed PAYG fan on 8+ games?

Sorry guys we really have to leave this very addictive thread.

We got what we wanted thanks - which is good feedback for a campaign to change the system with the influence at our disposal. If that fails then we will just exploit the loophole to our advantage and save cash on buying loads of tickets at will for ourselves, family, guests etc etc.

Bye!