RESTORE OUR RIGHT TO PRIORITY TICKETS FOR HOME GAMES - PLEASE!!!!!

All this 'part-time fan' 'true fan' stuff is bull. Owning a season ticket does not automatically make you more of a fan.

What it likely means is that you live close enough and have enough income that it can be considered an acceptable expense. Just for a hypothetical a hardcore fan may live abroad and commute in for a dozen games over a season and any opportunity they can take - I don't see this would make them any less of a fan!

I don't believe season ticket holders buddies should be entitled to things more than paying customers, nonsense to me. Should there still be leftovers after offering to previous attenders of x amount of matches these excess (not that there would be any for utd) could then be held for season ticket holders + 1s over those who have previously not attended.

It does not matter if you are a fan or not. People who spend more with the club should get more privileges than those who don't (as they would in any other business). This thread has established that Season ticket holders are paying customers too and should be measured by their investment on a points basis along with other PAYG multiple tickets buyers. They would all then be given priority for additional PAYG tickets based on investment.

Well said upwey. I'm a season ticket holder this yr because I'm now in the fortunate position of being able to afford one. I've had to pick and choose games in the past due to finance and working Saturdays . No more or less if a fan than I ever was. Always been a 'true' fan if there is such a thing

And I would rather a saints fan who has to pick and choose games gets a chance for a utd ticket rather than some random mate of mine.

When it comes to perks. How much of a fan you are is not the key point. How much you spend is. I can assure you that people in hospitality who have never attended a game in their lives are getting fawned over by the players, the staff and the management team much more than you ever will in your season ticket seat.

This is a good thread. But dear 42 is starting to sound awfully like a Market Research plant for the new "Beef up Commercial Operations" machine we need to create.

:rolleyes:

The point is valid, about the amount spent vs I'm a better fan - the PROBLEM is that such an argument is a sad indictment of modern football by attaching a cash value to the support not a loyalty value. It was always going to be the issue when we got back to the Premier League from the neverlands of Real Football, and it is an argument that will never now be won.

We are customers now, not just fans, our loyalty is an economic market value to be exploited to continue the growth of the club. It is as certain as bad weather in the UK in the Winter and horrid heat here in the Desert in the summer. We can rail against it and moan about plastics all we want.

Life in the EPL is about Loyalty Cards and Airmiles and about our Propensity to Consume the increasing ranges of "Merchandise" that the club now needs to create.

If we don't like it we should never have celebrated after the Walsall game 4 years ago.

There's a simple foolproof and fair way for any ST holder to guarantee a ticket for friend or family for any game whoever the opposition is.

Buy 2 Season tickets.

No s**t Sherlock. Perhaps people will catch on that if you don't mind missing a few games it would be far cheaper under the current scheme to buy tickets for yourself and mates at the cheaper games and then be first in the queue for the big games. This pretty much guarantees a seat based on current sales and saves about £300 a seat when compared to a ST. You could achieve in 4 games what a ST holder can't in 19 - happy days.

The Club is a business pure and simple. It needs to look after the people who support the business for survival. It just so happens that the main supporters of the business mainly come in 2 large categories - hospitality attendees who may or may not be fans of the Saints (generally aren't) and stay away when the business is doing badly and season ticket holders who are fans who turn up through thick and thin. Being a fan and not stumping up the cash is all very nice but does not pay the bills

But fans who have been to 4 or more home games are supporting the club more than whoever you are buying the ticket for.

Like you say - loyalty needs rewarding - your mate should think about that if he wants to watch Man Utd.

But fans who have been to 4 or more home games are supporting the club more than whoever you are buying the ticket for.

Like you say - loyalty needs rewarding - your mate should think about that if he wants to watch Man Utd.

There's not much difference between the mate/relative/acquaintance who wants to go and the occasional attendee who's only been to four matches.

The priority should be to ensure genuine Saints fans get in, not gormless divvy acquaintances of ST holders who just want to sit there taking pictures of Man United players.

On that basis, I'd say the club are spot on.

There were plenty of those types at the Liverpool game.

The amount of camera flashes that were going off in the Chapel end when Gerrard was taking a corner was an embarrassment.

. To add insult to injury, a person who only buys 4 games all season and may not even be a true fan gets first choice of tickets for the top games.

I disagree... You have season ticket THATS YOUR SEAT!! Why should you qualify for another?

I live in Lincolnshire, have been to 5 home games and 3 away... Does that not me a true fan.sound to me you want a ticket to take someone who in using your own rational is not a true fan!!

Stupid post

This is a good thread. But dear 42 is starting to sound awfully like a Market Research plant for the new "Beef up Commercial Operations" machine we need to create.

:rolleyes:

The point is valid, about the amount spent vs I'm a better fan - the PROBLEM is that such an argument is a sad indictment of modern football by attaching a cash value to the support not a loyalty value. It was always going to be the issue when we got back to the Premier League from the neverlands of Real Football, and it is an argument that will never now be won.

We are customers now, not just fans, our loyalty is an economic market value to be exploited to continue the growth of the club. It is as certain as bad weather in the UK in the Winter and horrid heat here in the Desert in the summer. We can rail against it and moan about plastics all we want.

Life in the EPL is about Loyalty Cards and Airmiles and about our Propensity to Consume the increasing ranges of "Merchandise" that the club now needs to create.

If we don't like it we should never have celebrated after the Walsall game 4 years ago.

So sad but so true. I suppose that I am conducting market research by canvassing the views of fellow Saints fans but not for the Club! Sadly many responses on this forum have convinced me that most of the fans will be bulldozed out of the way and not even realise it until too late.

. To add insult to injury, a person who only buys 4 games all season and may not even be a true fan gets first choice of tickets for the top games.

I disagree... You have season ticket THATS YOUR SEAT!! Why should you qualify for another?

I live in Lincolnshire, have been to 5 home games and 3 away... Does that not me a true fan.sound to me you want a ticket to take someone who in using your own rational is not a true fan!!

Stupid post

Insults are not very mature. You might be a great bloke and a Saints diehard but the cold fact is that you are worth less to the club in financial terms with your 8 tickets than someone who has bought 19 tickets up front. Read some of the other posts about who I am taking to Man U but it matters not to me what you think. This thread has now moved on (if you took the time to read it) and we are now at a point where the consensus is growing that additional PAYG tickets should be available based on the total amount of tickets purchased and/or money invested in games, hospitality and merchandise. Some sort of Gold, Silver, Bronze categorisation would solve the problem when it comes to first choice on PAYG tickets.

There were plenty of those types at the Liverpool game.

The amount of camera flashes that were going off in the Chapel end when Gerrard was taking a corner was an embarrassment.

Get used to it. The Club's current policy does nothing to stop away fans buying home tickets. Many people are paying to watch a lower level game to get on the priority list for their team. Empty seats at the lower level games highlight that the PAYG Saints fans don't want them either

Am I able to transfer my "proper fan" status points over to a season when i'm a plastic? You see, I have been an ST holder in the past, both at the Dell and SMS, for which I would have, presumably, earned a great deal "proper fan" points. I even went to a great many away games and everything, further enhancing myself as a proper fan. But this season, due to work and other commitments, I've only managed to get to 2 games, placing me firmly in the shameful "plastic fan" bracket. So my question is, can I carry over some points, like a no-claims bonus on your motor vehicle insurance if you like, to elevate me back to being seen as a proper fan?

Am I able to transfer my "proper fan" status points over to a season when i'm a plastic? You see, I have been an ST holder in the past, both at the Dell and SMS, for which I would have, presumably, earned a great deal "proper fan" points. I even went to a great many away games and everything, further enhancing myself as a proper fan. But this season, due to work and other commitments, I've only managed to get to 2 games, placing me firmly in the shameful "plastic fan" bracket. So my question is, can I carry over some points, like a no-claims bonus on your motor vehicle insurance if you like, to elevate me back to being seen as a proper fan?

That is a good idea. If the club can get parachute payments then why not keep your Saints customer loyalty points for say 2 years? It works for the airlines

I think the ceasing of hostilities might be good for the next 3 hours or so. The A38M in Birmingham has been a pig and parking off the Lichfield Road the only option. COYR

Fair play to you for driving and posting at the same time;)

COYS!

Get used to it. The Club's current policy does nothing to stop away fans buying home tickets. Many people are paying to watch a lower level game to get on the priority list for their team. Empty seats at the lower level games highlight that the PAYG Saints fans don't want them either

You are a sad odious man, the benefit of having your season ticket is sitting in the same seat with your mates every game, to expect to put other fans that do not have the same financial clout as you not able to go to the final game of the season because your mate/friend/family member wants a ticket for the Man U game, and as a season ticket holder should be able to get them a ticket. Why the f**k has your mate/friend/family member who wants to go to the Man U game not been to the original 4 games required or is he as you have said a PLASTIC or a MANURE fan. I was a season ticket holder for 30 years until this year and been attending games regularly since 1966, and due to my daughter getting married, have had to put the cost of her wedding before my own personal pleasure, so I must be a Plastic now, not a true & proper fan like you. What a load of ******** you speak, Do I cherry pick games to go to YES, Do I pick only big games NO, I cherry Pick games I can afford. There are of course fans that can not afford a season ticket but have bought tickets for every game, and as they have paid more to support the team than you and using your argument, should always have priority over YOU. 42 you do have one thing to be proud of though you have the dubious honour of being the first person I have ever put on ignore.

Edited by mcjwills

You are a sad odious man, the benefit of having your season ticket is sitting in the same seat with your mates every game, to expect to put other fans that do not have the same financial clout as you not able to go to the final game of the season because your mate/friend/family member wants a ticket for the Man U game, and as a season ticket holder should be able to get them a ticket. Why the f**k has your mate/friend/family member who wants to go to the Man U game not been to the original 4 games required or is he as you have said a PLASTIC or a MANURE fan. I was a season ticket holder for 30 years until this year and been attending games regularly since 1966, and due to my daughter getting married, have had to put the cost of her wedding before my own personal pleasure, so I must be a Plastic now, not a true & proper fan like you. What a load of ******** you speak, Do I cherry pick games to go to YES, Do I pick only big games NO, I cherry Pick games I can afford. There are of course fans that can not afford a season ticket but have bought tickets for every game, and as they have paid more to support the team than you and using your argument, should always have priority over YOU. 42 you do have one thing to be proud of though you have the dubious honour of being the first person I have ever put on ignore.

Wow take a chill pill mate! Have you got forum Tourette's or something? Why is it my fault that you are broke? If you read a bit more you would see the system we have agreed on this thread would work to give points to the PAYG customers as much as the ST holders so your valid point on someone buying tickets for every game has already been taken up. None of these posts have accused a Saints fan of being a plastic? I am fine with you ignoring me as you are a bit scary; I hope you are fine when the Club ignore you for not buying enough games next season. Anyway half time is over so back to the game

Thanks all for your comments. Some were well balanced and have helped construct a differently worded proposal which I will put forward on a new thread before taking it further with the Club. Others were abusive and obstructive but we have to put up with all types to achieve balanced debate.

Thanks all for your comments. Some were well balanced and have helped construct a differently worded proposal which I will put forward on a new thread before taking it further with the Club. Others were abusive and obstructive but we have to put up with all types to achieve balanced debate.

:toppa:

Perhaps we should have a ten page questionnaire with full proof of how many games have been attended, so we know who actually is the saints best fan, obviously you will go down the list if you miss a game, (unless you have a doctors note)

then every week starting from the top of the list people can be phoned by the club and asked if they want a ticket, then the club can work it's way down the list until all tickets are sold, maybe need a call centre to assist in this

Alternately we could keep the system as it is, which seems quite fair to me

Perhaps we should have a ten page questionnaire with full proof of how many games have been attended, so we know who actually is the saints best fan, obviously you will go down the list if you miss a game, (unless you have a doctors note)

then every week starting from the top of the list people can be phoned by the club and asked if they want a ticket, then the club can work it's way down the list until all tickets are sold, maybe need a call centre to assist in this

Alternately we could keep the system as it is, which seems quite fair to me

Good idea, worth a try.

The system doesn't have to be fair, but as a commercial enterprise it's always wise to look after your most important customers. That's they who spend the most, not sing the loudest.

Please lock this one as well. Op is clearly a lunatic and thread is blatant trolling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The abuse keeps on pouring in but is like water off a ducks back. :-)

The fact that people cannot see a very clear loophole is truly staggering. To be clear 1 person can buy just one ticket for himself/herself and multiple guests and be able to take those guests to top games in front of every other individual ticket buyer (ST holder or PAYG)

I could just use loophole myself for as many mates as I feel like. However, I am not arguing the case for myself but because it is simply not fair or right. Other clubs can see the problem which is why they introduce processes to avoid it e.g memebership. Why not the people on this forum?

If the Club wants to prioritise tickets then they must set the benchmark higher in order to treat their paying customers equally. The highest priority should start at about 10 qualifying games on day 1 of priority sales and then work down. Season ticket holders and qualifying PAYG customers would be limited to 1 ticket per guest as is the norm in the industry. Other Clubs have membership systems as well as ST holder systems to sort out this anomaly (Crystal Palace have an interesting one).

I propose the Club do the same and am asking for comment - not abuse.

PS: I would like to include away games for PAYG fans to qualify for the 10 games if I could but I don't think the bean counters at the Club would agree

Please lock this one as well. Op is clearly a lunatic and thread is blatant trolling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting that Glasgow (skate) is allowed to open multiple threads on the same topics (win ratio for example) but they never get locked. He's entitled to his opinion apparently. 8-/

Double standards.

Having said that this 42 geezer is a loon too.

Simple - because the season ticket holder is a true fan who has also invested more money than the part time attender and is worth more financially to the Club. Business common sense really.

Haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread from this post onwards, don't think I need to. You have a really misplaced sense of entitlement. My mates family are season ticket holders, they would get me a ticket if they could. However as I play saturday league football I rarely can attend and have only been to three games this year at home, however much i'd like to go to the united game I accept that there are individuals who have been to more games than me and are therefore more entitled than me to go, regardless of the fact my mates family have got 3 season tickets and have done since SMS opened. Given the fact it's just you and another poster arguing this misguided arguement if I were you i'd cut your losses and accept you hold a minority view here.

The fact that people cannot see a very clear loophole is truly staggering. To be clear 1 person can buy just one ticket for himself/herself and multiple guests and be able to take those guests to top games in front of every other individual ticket buyer (ST holder or PAYG)

It's one ticket per qualifying customer number, no one can buy tickets for multiple guests.

It's one ticket per qualifying customer number, no one can buy tickets for multiple guests.

You just register multiple customer numbers for your guests and buy 1 ticket each. It is not rocket science

Haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread from this post onwards, don't think I need to. You have a really misplaced sense of entitlement. My mates family are season ticket holders, they would get me a ticket if they could. However as I play saturday league football I rarely can attend and have only been to three games this year at home, however much i'd like to go to the united game I accept that there are individuals who have been to more games than me and are therefore more entitled than me to go, regardless of the fact my mates family have got 3 season tickets and have done since SMS opened. Given the fact it's just you and another poster arguing this misguided arguement if I were you i'd cut your losses and accept you hold a minority view here.

Lol. You have actually argued for my case but not realised it. In your position, you could register for 2 tickets for 1 game and be in front of all of your season ticket holder mates for guest tickets. In other words you would be less entitled (using your logic) but further up the pecking order. By the way, thanks for the concern but, I have beaten better odds than this. Just wait and see.......................

Interesting that Glasgow (skate) is allowed to open multiple threads on the same topics (win ratio for example) but they never get locked. He's entitled to his opinion apparently. 8-/

Double standards.

Having said that this 42 geezer is a loon too.

I get used to double standards when pushing against the common view. I don't care if you think me a loon; however, being in the minority makes me no less correct. Amusingly, it is this Club in the minority when compared to other Clubs with its stance on priority ticketing - not me. I like the Crystal Palace model by the way.

I get used to double standards when pushing against the common view. I don't care if you think me a loon; however, being in the minority makes me no less correct. Amusingly, it is this Club in the minority when compared to other Clubs with its stance on priority ticketing - not me. I like the Crystal Palace model by the way.

Dalek & Dune take that viewpoint as well. They are also c**ts.

You could do that for your plastic mate as well if you wanted. I don't see the issue.

The issue is simple in that 1 person attending 1 match with his mate (both plastic or not - its irrelevant) will get priority to take that mate before someone who has invested significantly more in the Club who has not taken a mate (plastic or not - its irrelevant) to a match. In even simpler terms - spend £70 to get more privileges than someone spending £700. Is that clear enough for you?

As an aside, as mentioned many times in this thread - I already qualify for the new rules and remain unaffected - but that is not the point. Saints are out of sync with other clubs who respect their season ticket holders and their members with priority home tickets. If people thought it through rather than come up with puerile retorts they would see that the people with money are not affected by the policy and can take as many mates as they like any time they like.

To be fair mate, the system is devised to give you reward for buying tickets to games.

If you keep insisting on buying tickets for your mates, then those mates will always have problems getting tickets

A fair point; thanks for making it. However, if they are bought under individual customer numbers then it is easy and allowable under current policy to link them and get first in the queue for prime game tickets. I used to have 3 season tickets and now 2 as my son is away from home for the next 3 years. In order to guarantee his ticket my season ticket means nothing. Therefore, we just created 4 more customer numbers under mates' names - they buy 4 tickets only for 4 games and they jump to the front of the list. This way I get to sit the family together, bring whatever guests I like and save a bucket of money. Makes no sense for the fans or the Club as it rewards buying less tickets under more customer numbers. What do I know though as I am in the minority :-)

The club have got it right, better off having casual Saints fans have the tickets over plastic day trippers who just happen to know a ST holder. Some people on here seem to have more chips on their shoulders then mcCains. In the event of any tickets remaining after this date, a further announcement as to sales will be made. So you still may have a chance to invest more money in the Southampton coffers. Oh yer enjoy the game

There seems to be a lot of people chirping in here who only go to a couple of home games. Obviously, they benefit by the current policy so good luck to them.

However, I would appreciate more input and ideas from the season ticket holders and people who attend 10 games or more. It is a bit like our tax system at the moment where the people who pay no tax have the most to say about what taxpayers should be prepared to pay - just kidding :-)

I plan on finishing with this thread today so fill your boots.

The club have got it right, better off having casual Saints fans have the tickets over plastic day trippers who just happen to know a ST holder. Some people on here seem to have more chips on their shoulders then mcCains. In the event of any tickets remaining after this date, a further announcement as to sales will be made. So you still may have a chance to invest more money in the Southampton coffers. Oh yer enjoy the game

You need to read more. It is crystal clear that the current policy benefits the plastic day trippers (your words not mine) and occasional attendees more than the fans who attend regularly. The Club have got it wrong and are out of sync with other clubs.

While we're at it I think I should get first dibs on away tickets even though I don't go to away games , but I am a season ticket holder ��

This is about home games. Season ticket holders already get a priority for away games? Extract from the brochure - 'Priority Purchases Season Ticket Holders will be given a priority purchase period for FA and Capital One Cup matches. Season Ticket Holders will also be given a priority on purchasing away match tickets.'

I'm sure many of you ITK posters are aware of the unofficial ticket site for Saints, where people "acquire" additional tickets for those who cannot normally get them and do so at a premium price.

At last - someone from the real world. Yesterday I was being told that this market does not exist. The current policy positively encourages people to do this at minimum outlay of between 1 and 4 games. I could put the business plan together in about 10 minutes where a small investment for 10 or 20 people on different customer numbers would generate an ability to sell off 10 or 20 tickets per game for all the top clubs at a profit of around £50 per ticket. However, I am a loon so what do I know :-)

been going to games for 54 years' date=' funny how this sort of topic only comes up when we are playing a top side[/quote']

You are spot on Mike. Nobody minded season ticket holders having priority when we were in league 1 or the Championship. In fact I remember the begging mails from the Club to bring along friends and children to games - which is why we took the kids' football teams from the Tyro on a regular basis. Saints have made a faux pas here and will need to put it right. Well done on the 54 years by the way - hell of an achievement and I hope there are a lot more to come.