RESTORE OUR RIGHT TO PRIORITY TICKETS FOR HOME GAMES - PLEASE!!!!!

NO NO NO - WRONG! - Let's try again by simple steps. 1. I register 2 customer numbers - 1 for me and 1 for my Portsmouth mate. 2. I buy 2 tickets and take him or a different mate it does not matter. I am now ahead of the list of any ST holder to take whatever mate I want to. 3. I buy 3 more tickets for me and a guest and I am now top priority, first in the queue for all top games. ST holders can eat my s@*t as they are so far behind me in bringing their mates that I laugh at their foolishness for buying a ST

But most people aren't interested in "taking a guest", they want a ticket to watch the match. People who habitually buy tickets linked to another customer number will do so because they habitually attend the match with that person. You're inventing odd scenarios that simply don't happen much (a sort of corporate pseud who each week takes a different "guest") to justify your silly rant. I am glad your knobbish "guest" isn't coming. Up yours mush.

Just for my clarity, and because my favourite aspect of this seems to have fallen by the wayside, 42 has got no interest in bringing a guest to the Man Utd game. He already has all the tickets he requires. His objection to this policy is more philanthropic in nature, he speaks not of his own injuries, but of potential injuries done unto others. He is a champion of the common ST holder!

Just for my clarity, and because my favourite aspect of this seems to have fallen by the wayside, 42 has got no interest in bringing a guest to the Man Utd game. He already has all the tickets he requires. His objection to this policy is more philanthropic in nature, he speaks not of his own injuries, but of potential injuries done unto others. He is a champion of the common ST holder!

That's my understanding too. Thank goodness somebody still cares for the rights of the poor downtrodden.

That's the one :D memory playing tricks, was thinking it was one of ours but it was indeed that Millwall fan, think the original thread must have got linked to on every teams forum. That post was a transcript up to where he realised his mistake, think there was much **** taking and apologising after that as well.. Unintentional comedy classic :D

At last - someone can see the loophole. I know the Club don't intend this to happen - that is why it is a loophole!

The current policy actually allows people to buy a couple of tickets and get priority to bring a guest over 20,000 ST holders. Whether it bothers anyone or not I don't care.

I have done the sums and this option only becomes uneconomic at 17 games. Most ST holders miss more than 2 games so if you are happy to sit in different seats, want flexibility, want to bring mates who have never been to a game in their lives PLUS save cash then ditch the ST. Simples

And of course if the club specifies this exact set of rules again, which they haven't for any other match. If people want to buy tickets to games in order to get tickets to other games, great, that's twice as much money for the club. Last season they insisted on twinning the Man U games with other home games, there's no difference in my eyes... as an ST holder who didn't have the opportunity (or need) to get other tickets for anyone else.

Cheers Bearsy - what a guy ;-) Anytime you need an extra ticket mate you just let me know.

But most people aren't interested in "taking a guest", they want a ticket to watch the match. People who habitually buy tickets linked to another customer number will do so because they habitually attend the match with that person. You're inventing odd scenarios that simply don't happen much (a sort of corporate pseud who each week takes a different "guest") to justify your silly rant. I am glad your knobbish "guest" isn't coming. Up yours mush.

Why the hostility - was your Daddy mean to you?

You are looking at it from the wrong angle. It's not who is buying the ticket it's who is attending.

Mr 42 already has his his seat via ST .

Mr Someone (x) and Mr Someone's Mate (Y) have been before, so they are entitled to buy a ticket. Note they are entitled to 1 each, not X can buy 2 although he can of course purchase Y's on his behalf, what Y chooses to do with it is not our concern.

Then we have your friend, let's call him The Chosen One. He hasn't been before, but for no other reason than he knows you (a ST holder) he should be allowed to jump the queue? Explain to us again, this time in a way that makes sense, how that can be fair. Of course if TCO had been to a game previously, either with you or alone, he would be in the same position as X & Y.

If this whole thread raises any point actually worthy of discussion it's why did they do away with the membership scheme?

Sigh. Now I know how Bill Murray felt on Groundhog day............................

I agree with you on the membership scheme though

This thread is special, even for this forum.

Thanks mate. I have another topic which is almost as good but the admins don't like me very much so I will leave it for a while ;-)

Why the hostility - was your Daddy mean to you?

Think that's a bit childish 42. Most of the time if someone insults you on this forum I ignore it. I can't see it as a loophole though. From my experience I don't go to football with different people every time I go. Why would the Portsmouth fan want to see Saints play anyway? Please explain your argument to me. I'd love to understand it but the scenario is too far fetched for it to be seen as a massive problem. Maybe it happens once or twice but the alternative is ST holders get priority and either buy tickets and sell them on to John Smith down the pub or take someone who has never been to a game before and just because he is a friend of a season ticket holder, according to you, he should get priority. Rather who you know rather than fairness don't you think?

Don't take a guest? What are you man - a Philistine? unsociable or just too poor? ......................................................... just kidding................. mush

Think that's a bit childish 42. Most of the time if someone insults you on this forum I ignore it. I can't see it as a loophole though. From my experience I don't go to football with different people every time I go. Why would the Portsmouth fan want to see Saints play anyway? Please explain your argument to me. I'd love to understand it but the scenario is too far fetched for it to be seen as a massive problem. Maybe it happens once or twice but the alternative is ST holders get priority and either buy tickets and sell them on to John Smith down the pub or take someone who has never been to a game before and just because he is a friend of a season ticket holder, according to you, he should get priority. Rather who you know rather than fairness don't you think?

There is supposed to be no abuse on this forum. The insults coming my way have ranged from childish to evil. I think I am entitled to a little retort.

However, I am happy to indulge with contrasting examples.

1, A man has 2 sons and the three of them have been season ticket holders for 15 years. This year one of the sons is away in Afghanistan on an extended holiday courtesy of HM Forces. The man now drops a season ticket as who can afford £700 for a son who cant attend. The son gets some leave to come home and dad wants to get a ticket for the big game - sorry mate you need to wait until general sale

2. Another man has 2 sons and buys 3 PAYG tickets on a one off basis as he doesn't care that much about football. He stays away all season until a big game comes up and he would like to take a couple of mates instead. No problem have 3 tickets. He chuckles at his good fortune.

There is supposed to be no abuse on this forum. The insults coming my way have ranged from childish to evil. I think I am entitled to a little retort.

1, A man has 2 sons and the three of them have been season ticket holders for 15 years. This year one of the sons is away in Afghanistan on an extended holiday courtesy of HM Forces. The man now drops a season ticket as who can afford £700 for a son who cant attend. The son gets some leave to come home and dad wants to get a ticket for the big game - sorry mate you need to wait until general sale

2. Another man has 2 sons and buys 3 PAYG tickets on a one off basis as he doesn't care that much about football. He stays away all season until a big game comes up and he would like to take a couple of mates instead. No problem have 3 tickets. He chuckles at his good fortune.

Coming soon in the club shop ..... loaves and fishes.

Buy 2, get 1 'when-in-a-hole-stop-digging' shovels free.

For example two there is no certainty he would get tickets as those who have been to more games have further priority. If the son has managed to come back for leave earlier in the season and ventured to a game he would be in the same position..... Considering that the Man Utd game (which seems to be the biggest draw of the year) went to general sale then he could have got a ticket anyway if he was really that hyped for it.

Now what the fk are you on about?

Christ do you STILL not get it. Example 2. Man can NOT get 3 tickets, 1 for him, 2 for his mates. He can get ONE, each of his 2 sons can get ONE each. If those two sons want to go then there are no tickets for his mates. If they don't want them then yes they can pass them on after they've been purchased and there's not much the club can do about that.

Example 1 . Under the ridiculously contrived scenario any decent Dad would give the returning son his ST for the game ;) But an equally plausible and much more likely scenario for example 1 is ST holder has a ManU fan who discretely asks him to get him a ticket. Under your example the club would be equally obliged to sell him the ticket (assuming he didn't say it was for an away fan at time of purchase). Fair?

Anticipated answer from you, ManU fan could get ticket by attending one for a previous home game. No he couldn't guarantee one it depends on the take up, same as Dad+2 in example 2 can guarantee any.

Just to be clear when you say courtesy of HM Forces do you mean he's joined the Taliban to fight them as they've 'invaded Afghaniland or is he a member of our esteemed army of occupation?

Just to be clear when you say courtesy of HM Forces do you mean he's joined the Taliban to fight them as they've 'invaded Afghaniland or is he a member of our esteemed army of occupation?

Poking fun at our Armed Forces now? Tut Tut.

Come to think of it, I went to Horley once. That makes it one more time than you came to St Mary's

Hats off to whoever made the '42' Id as a multiple account for trolling purposes. You are a Nibbles and Bites master.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are wrong but I accept the hats off anyway

Christ do you STILL not get it. Example 2. Man can NOT get 3 tickets, 1 for him, 2 for his mates. He can get ONE, each of his 2 sons can get ONE each. If those two sons want to go then there are no tickets for his mates. If they don't want them then yes they can pass them on after they've been purchased and there's not much the club can do about that.

Example 1 . Under the ridiculously contrived scenario any decent Dad would give the returning son his ST for the game ;) But an equally plausible and much more likely scenario for example 1 is ST holder has a ManU fan who discretely asks him to get him a ticket. Under your example the club would be equally obliged to sell him the ticket (assuming he didn't say it was for an away fan at time of purchase). Fair?

Anticipated answer from you, ManU fan could get ticket by attending one for a previous home game. No he couldn't guarantee one it depends on the take up, same as Dad+2 in example 2 can guarantee any.

Jeez can anyone get any thicker?

You say 'Christ do you STILL not get it. Example 2. Man can NOT get 3 tickets, 1 for him, 2 for his mates. He can get ONE, each of his 2 sons can get ONE each'

Firstly, you cant be a dad if you think sons buy their own tickets! Secondly, the example illustrates that by setting up 3 customer accounts and buying between 1 and 4 games you get priority.

What is it with you and the moronic abuse? I think you need to put the helmet back on and play with some crayons

I think you are on a wind up, that's all. If you truly think me ribbing you for it is moronic abuse you must be use to a some serious high brow abuse on a regular basis. Any way good luck with the quest, I'm just not sure what it is worth. Someone with the drive and application you obviously have just needs to be pointed in the right direction and a beneficial difference will be made to the way thing are on the planet in general.

I'll borrow my nippers crayon's tomorrow and give it a go, although the helmet might be irritating and ruin the muse.

I think you are on a wind up, that's all. If you truly think me ribbing you for it is moronic abuse you must be use to a some serious high brow abuse on a regular basis. Any way good luck with the quest, I'm just not sure what it is worth. Someone with the drive and application you obviously have just needs to be pointed in the right direction and a beneficial difference will be made to the way thing are on the planet in general.

I'll borrow my nippers crayon's tomorrow and give it a go, although the helmet might be irritating and ruin the muse.

No worries - be well

quick question... I get to go to about 10 home games a season due to family commitments... am I more of a 'true fan'... if I buy a season ticket and on the games I can't attend.. I lend my season ticket to whatever Tom, **** and 'arry that wants to see the game...or if I but regular tickets and leave a seat for those that really deserve it...

seems on this forum.. I can only be a true fan... if I buy a season ticket....

I'm there most matches, infact I always stand behind the Milton Road goal and am easily recognisable as I invariably wear a pakol

However, if it helps with you're theorising I will be at the Broadfield next Saturday - come on UReds

Something to aim for. It wont be the first time.

quick question... I get to go to about 10 home games a season due to family commitments... am I more of a 'true fan'... if I buy a season ticket and on the games I can't attend.. I lend my season ticket to whatever Tom, **** and 'arry that wants to see the game...or if I but regular tickets and leave a seat for those that really deserve it...

seems on this forum.. I can only be a true fan... if I buy a season ticket....

Funnily enough 10 games was the suggested benchmark for priority in earlier posts. A 'true' fan is difficult to define or agree upon. People confuse this thread as having something to do with how 'true' a fan is when it has nothing to do with it.

The current economic model is that people who 'deserve' the seats are the people who pay for them. A ST is by definition a stronger financial supporter of the Club; especially as the tickets are bought up front at risk when the ability to attend is unknown. As a PAYG you can hedge your bets and buy when you know you can attend. You either buy a ticket or not - but don't make out you 'leave' an empty seat as if it was some sort of noble act. Also don't assume that the person a ST brings along is any less of a fan than anyone else sat in the entire ground.

By the way, if anyone thinks the discount is great then do the sums - depending on the season it is worth about a 2 game discount. Most ST miss 2 or 3 games per season so buy 19 get one free is not really a reason to buy. Sitting in the same seat is what most people pay for.