Price of new training kit

PortlandSaint

Is it just me that is so suprised by the cost of the training kit?

The shirt is 50 quid but you come to expect that.. the training gear however is more expensive than say an adidas or nike training top/ trousers. How have they come up with that price for the training gear?

I like the simplicity of the training stuff and hence I thought it would be reasonably priced but it is absolutely extortionate!

It's because we aren't getting a kit deal handout from a brand, so they're making up the difference with the pricing.

I'm just surprised it doesn't have the shirt sponsors all over it, or even a secondary sponsor.

It's because we aren't getting a kit deal handout from a brand, so they're making up the difference with the pricing.

I'm just surprised it doesn't have the shirt sponsors all over it, or even a secondary sponsor.

The Adidas handout isn't free money, Adidas will want it back through the price of the gear. So the stuff ends up being a similar price, I know that the Adidas stuff last year was just as expensive.

The Adidas handout isn't free money, Adidas will want it back through the price of the gear. So the stuff ends up being a similar price, I know that the Adidas stuff last year was just as expensive.

We don't know the detail of the deals, but seems pretty obvious why it costs more to buy.