Latest Saints prices on Betfair.....

tisspahars

....2/1 for a top ten finish and 11/2 to be relegated. I must say I found it surprising that the masses on here who think avoiding the drop "would quite frankly be a miracle" and that those expecting a similar placing as last season are living in cuckoo land, couldn't move the market much beteween the lot of them. I expect it's because they couldn't bet against the Saints on principal or something like that and definitely, DEFINITELY not that they are foot stamping attention seeking children who don't really believe the nonsense they are spouting for a minute.

Dunno about anyone else, but I just stuck £50 on Saints to go down. Returns £375. Don't care if I lose that £50, but at least if we do go down i'll have a good sized funds for much more enjoyable away games next season.

For those that think we will go down, it's the obvious insurance policy, but I maintain there are still worse teams than us in this league. Lower mid-table IMO, but I'd be tempted to take the Dalek's-special of 17th right now...

Considering chucking some cash on relegation, no matter what the incomings surely the upheaval of 5-7 outgoings is too hard to manage with the new season on the horizon

And looking at other teams, there's no outstandingly weak ones. Sunderland and Villa maybe, but other than that...

And looking at other teams, there's no outstandingly weak ones. Sunderland and Villa maybe, but other than that...

West brom with a manager who couldn't hack it in league one? big Sam trying to play attractive football at Wham? Swansea under Monk? all the newly promoted sides? Clearly we are not going to hit last years heights but there is plenty of dross in next seasons PL.

We were 7/1 to be relegated on Friday, 6/1 today. It's the unknown factor of us possibly spending the money that is keeping us at decent odds.

We were also shortest odds to win the League without the top 7 a fortnight ago, we've gone out a fair bit on that one.

West brom with a manager who couldn't hack it in league one? big Sam trying to play attractive football at Wham? Swansea under Monk? all the newly promoted sides? Clearly we are not going to hit last years heights but there is plenty of dross in next seasons PL.

WBA have still got decent players, Allardyce, for all his faults, knows how to keep teams up, Swansea are making great signings, and none of the newly promoted sides look weak at all (although QPR/Redknapp are using the same failed strategy as last time).

WBA have still got decent players, Allardyce, for all his faults, knows how to keep teams up, Swansea are making great signings, and none of the newly promoted sides look weak at all (although QPR/Redknapp are using the same failed strategy as last time).

WBA barely avoided relegation last season, Big Sam will be managing with one handed tied behind his back, Monk looked out of his depth last season (and I still think they will lose Bonny) none of the newly promoted sides look up to much. Yes we might well struggle next season but lets not try and make out the rest of the league are suddenly all made up of quality teams and managers.

WBA barely avoided relegation last season, Big Sam will be managing with one handed tied behind his back, Monk looked out of his depth last season (and I still think they will lose Bonny) none of the newly promoted sides look up to much. Yes we might well struggle next season but lets not try and make out the rest of the league are suddenly all made up of quality teams and managers.

Doesn't need to be. The poor morale alone can be a killer. Norwich had a better squad than many last season yet looked beaten most weeks

Palace looked dead and buried until

Pulis came in and motivated the squad intro shape

For those that think we will go down, it's the obvious insurance policy, but I maintain there are still worse teams than us in this league. Lower mid-table IMO, but I'd be tempted to take the Dalek's-special of 17th right now...

How I would like to believe you but I am struggling to find 3 worse than our present squad.

Of course that could change and Saints might finally pull their f**king finger out and actually

buy some excellent players BUT.......?????

( Any odds being quoted for Saints being back playing the skates in L1 within 3 seasons ? )