Dean Hammond

Turkish

Good to see him make his premier league debut yesterday and according to MOTD did a good job when he came on. Not the greatest player to ever play in a saints shirt but I was a fan of his in l1 and the championship and an important but unsung part of our rise. Dd the job he had to do well and always felt he was one we should have kept for our first season back up, to do exactly what he did for Leicester yesterday.

Think Hammond would have made a difference in the first 11 games in the Prem when Cork was injured. Don't think he's good enough to be a consistent starter at this level, but pleased to see him getting game time in the Prem having served us so well on our rise up the leagues!

Edited by Beckenham Saint

I was listening to this live on Radio 5 yesterday; the commentator wrote Hammond off the minute he replaced Drinkwater, so it was pleasant to see him mentioned as a reason for Leicester's better second half on MOTD.

Good to see him make his premier league debut yesterday and according to MOTD did a good job when he came on. Not the greatest player to ever play in a saints shirt but I was a fan of his in l1 and the championship and an important but unsung part of our rise. Dd the job he had to do well and always felt he was one we should have kept for our first season back up, to do exactly what he did for Leicester yesterday.

Agree, he was never going to be a world beater, that's not his role, but he was a model professional, solid and would have been great to keep in that exact role; Professional leader who could still put a shift in if called upon.

One of the good guys. Lots of rumours about him going to Reading, if Leicester sign a couple more midfielders then that could happen.

His family still live in Hampshire.

I went to watch Reading vs Ipswich yesterday. Reminded me how much a drop down in quality the Championship is. Both teams distinctly average and crying out for a midfielder in the mould of Hammond.