We are #9 in the list of summer spending so far...

St.Patrik

OK The window is not shut yet but Saints have spent more then PSG so far this summer......

1. Barcelona, 153 miljoner euro

2. Liverpool, 131

3. Real Madrid, 120

4. Atletico Madrid, 101,5

5. Chelsea, 93,5

6. Arsenal, 77

7. Manchester United, 73,5

8. Manchester City, 65,5

9. Southampton, 58

10. Paris Saint-Germain, 49,5

OK The window is not shut yet but Saints have spent more then PSG so far this summer......

1. Barcelona, 153 miljoner euro

2. Liverpool, 131

3. Real Madrid, 120

4. Atletico Madrid, 101,5

5. Chelsea, 93,5

6. Arsenal, 77

7. Manchester United, 73,5

8. Manchester City, 65,5

9. Southampton, 58

10. Paris Saint-Germain, 49,5

Net spend is all that matters. Chelsea have brought back most of their spending by selling Luiz, Lukaku and Ba.

True.

Worth noting what those teams listed have sold so far....

Barcelona 70m

Liverpool 75m

Real Madrid 25m

Atletico 80m

Chelsea 84m

Arsenal 12m

Man Utd 9m

Man City 25m

Soton 105m

PSG 0.8m

some dodgy figures but gives the gist of things. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

As things stand, it seems only Chelsea who are now trying to run things sustainably. They are the ones who mention FFP the most. (As we are not able to win the thing, Chelsea are the club that I want to win even though they were the first to start the rot with the amount of money they bandied about a decade ago).

Funny that the accusation of buying the title has been dismissed to history. Fans now expect and hope clubs spend vast sums. I loved our team last year. Ignoring Osvaldo, 2 signings from the previous season. And before that, it was Gaston, JRod, Clyne Yoshida and S Davis plus Mayuka, Boruc and later Forren. All those were vital, and given the step up to PL hardly over the top.

Net spend is all that matters. Chelsea have brought back most of their spending by selling Luiz, Lukaku and Ba.

True.

Worth noting what those teams listed have sold so far....

Barcelona 70m

Liverpool 75m

Real Madrid 25m

Atletico 80m

Chelsea 84m

Arsenal 12m

Man Utd 9m

Man City 25m

Soton 105m

PSG 0.8m

some dodgy figures but gives the gist of things. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

As things stand, it seems only Chelsea who are now trying to run things sustainably. They are the ones who mention FFP the most. (As we are not able to win the thing, Chelsea are the club that I want to win even though they were the first to start the rot with the amount of money they bandied about a decade ago).

Funny that the accusation of buying the title has been dismissed to history. Fans now expect and hope clubs spend vast sums. I loved our team last year. Ignoring Osvaldo, 2 signings from the previous season. And before that, it was Gaston, JRod, Clyne Yoshida and S Davis plus Mayuka, Boruc and later Forren. All those were vital, and given the step up to PL hardly over the top.

Quite like how Chelsea are doing things lately, they've managed to get some damn good fee's for the likes of Luiz and Luaku too - making a profit on what were squad players for htem! I think they even made a profit on De Bryune who went back to Germany for £16m I think. They've shifted Lampard and Cole off the wage bill, two of the biggest earners, and have improved their team right down the spine on the back of it, and haven't had to spend a great deal to do it.

Shrewd stuff. Will be interesting to watch them tonight, think they'll be pretty handy.

Quite like how Chelsea are doing things lately, they've managed to get some damn good fee's for the likes of Luiz and Luaku too - making a profit on what were squad players for htem! I think they even made a profit on De Bryune who went back to Germany for £16m I think. They've shifted Lampard and Cole off the wage bill, two of the biggest earners, and have improved their team right down the spine on the back of it, and haven't had to spend a great deal to do it.

Shrewd stuff. Will be interesting to watch them tonight, think they'll be pretty handy.

Still had to pay big sums in the first place to acquire Luiz, Lukaku and De Bryune. Football is the ultimate speculate to accumulate business. There is nothing wrong with spending money per se provided it is done selectively. It certainly helped that the aforementioned are young players with resale value -one reason why too many deals like Pelle, Long and Osvaldo leave bit of a nasty taste.

Still had to pay big sums in the first place to acquire Luiz, Lukaku and De Bryune. Football is the ultimate speculate to accumulate business. There is nothing wrong with spending money per se provided it is done selectively. It certainly helped that the aforementioned are young players with resale value -one reason why too many deals like Pelle, Long and Osvaldo leave bit of a nasty taste.