Ice bucket challenge

Asaint4ever

Obsessing over an internet forum you've no interest in, going as far as to imagine what it might look like rendered as a pub, but not actually writing the fruits of those imaginative episodes down in your usual warm literary tones.

Shame, especially with JK Rowling only having a passing interest in the Potter universe these days ;) #gapinthemarket

Did you develop the idea further than your initial sentence, or did the demons start telling you to burn things again?

I'd say it was a one liner. Count the lines.

I went on that forum, once, several months ago, purely to find something to take the pi ss out of you with (accomplished, probably three minutes in total). But yeah, obsessed I am. Obsessed.

I never went on it again, I never will in the future. I have enough material from that three minute visit.

It is, like you salivated on here, a great resource. So brilliantly categorised and everyfink.

I'd say it was a one liner. Count the lines.

I went on that forum, once, several months ago, purely to find something to take the pi ss out of you with (accomplished, probably three minutes in total). But yeah, obsessed I am. Obsessed.

I never went on it again, I never will in the future. I have enough material from that three minute visit.

It is, like you salivated on here, a great resource. So brilliantly categorised and everyfink.

But I'm confused. You mention this forum continuously in your "ripostes" (pending steward's enquiry). One would consider you thought it was important. Perhaps obsession is a wee bit strong. It's easily confused with one note ponies that say the same things all the fúcking time. I'll get a steward's enquiry on that too.

I'm gladder for the positive feedback I got from the link, but feel free to keep mentioning it. Further data can only help me in my obsessed/one trick pony conundrum, even though in all likelihood, it's nailed on to be your common or garden Complete Bóllocks Fry*

*not to be confused with multi-talented namesake

Edited by pap

But I'm confused. You mention this forum continuously in your "ripostes" (pending steward's enquiry). One would consider you thought it was important. Perhaps obsession is a wee bit strong. It's easily confused with one note ponies that say the same things all the fúcking time. I'll get a steward's enquiry on that too.

I'm gladder for the positive feedback I got from the link, but feel free to keep mentioning it. Further data can only help me in my obsessed/one trick pony conundrum, even though in all likelihood, it's nailed on to be your common or garden Complete Bóllocks Fry*

*not to be confused with multi-talented namesake

I've probably mentioned it three or four times, outside of that 9/11 thread, every single time in a one-line gag form as on this thread. Hardly continuously, and never in depth, purely as gag fuel.

If we are talking obsession, I think you seem to be obsessed with me mentioning it, not least with that frankly bizarre mini-essay on what I might be thinking when I posted that one liner. Obsession indeed. (PS - here's what i was thinking: Pap's done a fairly weak sketch about how this forum would be in real life. I know, let's mention a forum Pap swoons over and do a single line about how that might be in real life. Done. Submit. Wipe. Flush.)

Well done on people giving you feedback that they, like you, find that forum is a great resource. I agree, it truly is a great resource.

I've probably mentioned it three or four times, outside of that 9/11 thread, every single time in a one-line gag form as on this thread. Hardly continuously, and never in depth, purely as gag fuel.

If we are talking obsession, I think you seem to be obsessed with me mentioning it, not least with that frankly bizarre mini-essay on what I might be thinking when I posted that one liner. Obsession indeed. (PS - here's what i was thinking: Pap's done a fairly weak sketch about how this forum would be in real life. I know, let's mention a forum Pap swoons over and do a single line about how that might be in real life. Done. Submit. Wipe. Flush.)

Well done on people giving you feedback that they, like you, find that forum is a great resource. I agree, it truly is a great resource.

Very glad to see this change of heart. It's a far cry from what you first did; which was to spend time scouring their forums so that you could pass off the most dubious threads as representative. Some might say that such an approach was counter-productive to the point of being infantile, given that it was advanced on an internet forum, where we all kinda know one person doesn't speak for all. I'd simply remark "Ha, you berk. You went there!"

FWIW, I'm not at all bothered at the link to letsroll. Go dig, people. Anyone with a brain will be able to separate the wheat from the chaff. I know that excludes you, but don't be a hater, Complete Bóllocks Fry. I didn't dislike Michael Jordan because I never made b-ball player.

Very glad to see this change of heart. It's a far cry from what you first did; which was to spend time scouring their forums so that you could pass off the most dubious threads as representative. Some might say that such an approach was counter-productive to the point of being infantile, given that it was advanced on an internet forum, where we all kinda know one person doesn't speak for all. I'd simply remark "Ha, you berk. You went there!"

FWIW, I'm not at all bothered at the link to letsroll. Go dig, people. Anyone with a brain will be able to separate the wheat from the chaff. I know that excludes you, but don't be a hater, Complete Bóllocks Fry. I didn't dislike Michael Jordan because I never made b-ball player.

I didn't "scour" that forum. As I said before, I spent about three minutes on there, I knew I'd find a plum pretty quick and I did. After all, it is so well categorised. It really, really is.

Its sweet how much you defend it, and how much a one liner gets you typing like mad. Great resource.

I didn't "scour" that forum. As I said before, I spent about three minutes on there, I knew I'd find a plum pretty quick and I did. After all, it is so well categorised. It really, really is.

Its sweet how much you defend it, and how much a one liner gets you typing like mad. Great resource.

Three minutes on the site, four (to your count) subsequent mentions of the site before your little contribution tonight, this series of bizarre posts in which you're keen to establish the precise amount of time you spent there, plus the sarcastic endorsements that are making you look like Roger Irrelevant's less capable brother to our JCL brothers and sisters.

Not obsessed at all.

Three minutes on the site, four (to your count) subsequent mentions of the site before your little contribution tonight, this series of bizarre posts in which you're keen to establish the precise amount of time you spent there, plus the sarcastic endorsements that are making you look like Roger Irrelevant's less capable brother to our JCL brothers and sisters.

Not obsessed at all.

You do realise this started with you psycho-analysing/deconstructing a day old one liner.

I just did a one liner about the mentalist forum you call a great resource. You're reading gawd knows what into it.

And fu ck me, am I coming back to that well. Too easy.

You do realise this started with you psycho-analysing/deconstructing a day old one liner.

I just did a one liner about the mentalist forum you call a great resource. You're reading gawd knows what into it.

And fu ck me, am I coming back to that well. Too easy.

NEW FORUM RULES JUST IN

Replying to a comment older than a day is now a bump.

By order of Complete Bollócks Fry*.

*Not to be confused with rules over regurgitating things from unrelated threads written months ago, which is perfectly acceptable if you're up shít creek, without a paddle, trying to sneer your way to land**.

**Also by order of Complete Bollócks Fry.

NEW FORUM RULES JUST IN

Replying to a comment older than a day is now a bump.

By order of Complete Bollócks Fry*.

*Not to be confused with rules over regurgitating things from unrelated threads written months ago, which is perfectly acceptable if you're up shít creek, without a paddle, trying to sneer your way to land**.

**Also by order of Complete Bollócks Fry.

Well, let's just agree that my one liner was better than that effort, shall we?

Great resource.

Well, let's just agree that my one liner was better than that effort, shall we?

Great resource.

Why on Earth would I do that? LSD? Pity? A public pat on the head for Complete Bóllocks Fry?

"You good boy, you!. Your comment wasn't shít at all. People love your repetition"

Two choices, CB:-

1) Keep it up. You seem to be having a lot of fun saying "great resource". I'm getting to popularise and promote the Complete Bollócks Fry meme and show the immense shallows of your one-trick pony act. You're winning after all, according your own judgement.

2) Accept that you've had your day out, and fúck off home.*

(*I included 2 for variety. I've every expectation that we'll have 1) back, bowled underarm, as per)

I feel a marriage coming on

No.

What a couple of wierdos

Yes.

Pap's not happy unless he is fighting with someone

Nah. I'm happy to fight when the challengers roll up, but I can and do live without it.

Why on Earth would I do that? LSD? Pity? A public pat on the head for Complete Bóllocks Fry?

"You good boy, you!. Your comment wasn't shít at all. People love your repetition"

Two choices, CB:-

1) Keep it up. You seem to be having a lot of fun saying "great resource". I'm getting to popularise and promote the Complete Bollócks Fry meme and show the immense shallows of your one-trick pony act. You're winning after all, according your own judgement.

2) Accept that you've had your day out, and fúck off home.*

(*I included 2 for variety. I've every expectation that we'll have 1) back, bowled underarm, as per)

So you continue to fight the good fight. Or the long defeat as Tolkien would put it. There's a current period of detente between CB Fry and myself - would liken it to the Sino-US relationship following Nixon's famous visit to Beijing in 1972; as a product of pragmatism, it could unravel at any time; but for now its held in place by a united front against Wes Tender who, like Russia, whitewashes the past and loses the plot.

Edited by shurlock

So you continue to fight the good fight. Or the long defeat as Tolkien would put it. There's a current period of detente between CB Fry and myself - would liken it the relationship between US and China following Nixon's famous visit to Beijing in 1972; as a product of pragmatism, it could fall apart at any time; but for now its held in place by a united front against Wes Tender who, like Russia, frequently whitewashes the past and loses the plot.

I've not had cause to quarrel with the bloke myself, tbh - but every now and then, he forgets he can't sting without killing himself in the process and decides to have a go. As someone with a firm respect for the food chain, I'm duty bound to swat insects.

I commend you on your shaky alliance and wish you well with it.