SAINTS keen on stadium expansion

Batman

I do not know enough about this subject to know whether your response is a serious answer I don't understand or a joke I don't understand.

What do you call communal areas of veg plots? Can't remember but = allotment in English.

I do not know enough about this subject to know whether your response is a serious answer I don't understand or a joke I don't understand.

He is joking, an "allotment" in England is also piece of land divided up and used by lots of people to grow plants and vegetables. You are allotted a small piece of land.

I think they are called "community gardens" in America...

aLLOTMENT.jpg

He is joking, an allotment in England is also piece of land divided up and used by lots of people to grow plants and vegetables. I think they are called "community gardens" in America.

aLLOTMENT.jpg

Thank you. I just learned something. I didn't even realize that community gardens were a thing and, by googling I discovered that we have several right near where I live.

http://centralcoastgrown.org/site/docs/ccancommunityfoodresourceguideoct11-1.pdf

I do not suppose anyone can answer my original question now?

I do not suppose anyone can answer my original question now?

I have a question. How do you sell out games in the Premier League if the opposing club doesn't use up their allotment?

You could reduce the number of tickets you sell to the away side and open up the blocks in the away end to home fans.

Saints do also use the phrase "sell out" when they've sold out the home end tickets.

You could reduce the number of tickets you sell to the away side and open up the blocks in the away end to home fans.

Saints do also use the phrase "sell out" when they've sold out the home end tickets.

Thank you. I assume the reduction in tickets sold to away fans is on a game by game basis. If so, how are security concerns dealt with? (I mean the need for segregated seating.) If not, is it fair that a club that buys lots of away tickets has their availability reduced because, for example, Sunderland fans don't want to come here?

Thank you. I assume the reduction in tickets sold to away fans is on a game by game basis. If so, how are security concerns dealt with? (I mean the need for segregated seating.) If not, is it fair that a club that buys lots of away tickets has their availability reduced because, for example, Sunderland fans don't want to come here?

In fairness, if it is apparent in advance that the away end isn't selling out then another block or so can easily be re-allocated to the home fans, there is netting at the point of segregation that can be moved as required. Also, for cup matches when a larger away end is stipulated there is the possibility of isolating a larger section of the Northam Stand concourse to cater for more fans.

In reality though, you need a full away end to reach a full house. The better measure may be for the percentage of the home end that is sold, but, on personal experience there always seems to be a few seats spare in some areas, including the Itchen/Kingsland corner where I sit. A sign in itself that Stadium expansion is not a great idea right now. I still believe that St Mary's is just about right for our needs, one of our often reviled former chairman's better judgement calls.

o76ejo.jpg

You basically have to climb the top tier stairs like its a ladder judging by the viewing angle. Why are there not thousands of people hanging off the barriers at the front of the top stands trying to save themselves?

You obviously don't remember Charleroi from Euro 2000...

28arwwp.jpg

That stand is no longer around but at the time must have been the steepest ever constructed...and no doubt pulled down for failing modern day safety standards!

• 7 months later...
You obviously don't remember Charleroi from Euro 2000...

28arwwp.jpg

That stand is no longer around but at the time must have been the steepest ever constructed...and no doubt pulled down for failing modern day safety standards![/quote

Although not the largest arena in Stockholm, The Globe (an indoor stadium also used for ice-hockey, concerts etc) holds about 15,000, is like sitting inside a golf ball.

It great to be ringside for close-up action, but getting a seat up in the roof is a real " terror climb" , especially if you have vertigo.:scared:

what it might be like sitting in a larger setting at SMS -no one knows.