SAINTS keen on stadium expansion

Batman

when i went to Build-A-Bear workshop, I just went straight in and started building my bear without architect plans, and made decisions about what extras and type of hat and squeaking heart etc I wanted as I went along.

Edit: It come out pretty good + only slightly over budget :thumbup:

I had totally the opposite experience

I was rail roaded into something I didn't, A want or B need

I blame one direction and frozen

CB Fry without Turkish is like Morecambe without Wise

... or perhaps more appropriately s hit without flies.

Rhyming couplets about Turkish are very welcome on this forum, but there is a particular thread you need to submit them to, you can't just post them anywhere.

• 2 months later...
More interesting is the quote at the bottom of the article: “I see 2016-17 there will be a lot more invested in the stadium than in this season.”

Well, he already said they'd be changing some of the interior. Guessing there are certain Europa League regulations we might need to catch up on - they'll be really annoyed that we don't have anywhere good to hang their UEFA banners inside the ground for a start...

Well, he already said they'd be changing some of the interior. Guessing there are certain Europa League regulations we might need to catch up on - they'll be really annoyed that we don't have anywhere good to hang their UEFA banners inside the ground for a start...

Have you seen some of the stadiums in the Europa League? St Mary's is light years ahead of them. The specification required to play in the Premier League more than covers anything we'd need for European games.

Hoisted by your own petard good sir.

You both fail to see the context those posts were written in. At the time of my posts the club was being run by someone who commissioned expansion designs.

Circumstances changed under new management. Did either of you predict Cortese's departure?

It would have been pretty silly to expand just yet to be honest. He's right, once we've shown there is the demand (i.e selling out season tickets, selling out the stadium every week) then there is reason to do it. Otherwise we're just going to look a little silly in an expanded stadium with lots of empty seats.

I'm pleased to hear him say that their primary objectivie is to focus on the playing side of the club for the time being, which is exactly how it should be.

You both fail to see the context those posts were written in. At the time of my posts the club was being run by someone who commissioned expansion designs.

Circumstances changed under new management. Did either of you predict Cortese's departure?

Do you really think if Cortese was still here we'd be expanding the stadium though?

Do you really think if Cortese was still here we'd be expanding the stadium though?

I think he'd be more likely than Krueger to push for it, it then becomes a question of if he could get the finance for it. Given the breakdown between Cortese and Liebherr that would have proven extremely difficult.

I think he'd be more likely than Krueger to push for it, it then becomes a question of if he could get the finance for it. Given the breakdown between Cortese and Liebherr that would have proven extremely difficult.

So as I said, nothing has changed from when Cortese was here and your assertion that you expected an expansion has been proven incorrect.

So as I said, nothing has changed from when Cortese was here and your assertion that you expected an expansion has been proven incorrect.

At the point some of these previous posts and threads you & Turkish are now trawling up were written we didn't know what the relationship between Cortese and Liebherr was like for certain. We know have a better understanding, given the way things ended and other things have come to light. A lot was still just forum rumour and unsubstatiated press speculation. Had Cortese and Liebherr had a better relationship perhaps his ambition for the stadium may have proven more likely to gain favour from our financial backer.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I did and you called me a cortese hater, despite the fact id heard first hand from two different sources that he'd already got an exit plan in place and there was serious problems with the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen some of the stadiums in the Europa League? St Mary's is light years ahead of them. The specification required to play in the Premier League more than covers anything we'd need for European games.

I've seen lots of them, that still doesn't mean there aren't certain regulations we will need to meet but don't already.

It's been 12 years, things will have changed since we were last in Europe and we weren't exactly considering UEFA stadium regulations for the first 9 of those. We might not need them until the group stage or knockout when the media requirements might up a bit, but I doubt there are NO changes the club could make to improve the facilities relating to European competition. Plus the club have already said they're making changes, they'll already know what they can do better with.

I look forward to your next facilities update just so I can point out which of them relate to UEFA regulations to you. :)

I imagine if anything, it would be a bunch of completely arbitrary and relatively minor things, rather than some overall subjective assessment of the quality of the stadium. Banner hanging would be a good example. If you could google up a list of UEFA ground regulations for the Europa League (2015/2016 season, naturally) that'd be just great.

I imagine if anything, it would be a bunch of completely arbitrary and relatively minor things, rather than some overall subjective assessment of the quality of the stadium. Banner hanging would be a good example. If you could google up a list of UEFA ground regulations for the Europa League (2015/2016 season, naturally) that'd be just great.

Exactly.

Apart from the second bit, even I don't care about that, though I appreciate your attempts at distracting him with busy work.

FFS, this is so fecking childish and pointless, you're wrong, I'm right, na na na na na. Like a spoilt kid in the playground. So the feck what.

FFS, this is so fecking childish and pointless, you're wrong, I'm right, na na na na na. Like a spoilt kid in the playground. So the feck what.

A cautionary tale to other people posting spurious nonsense that ends up being inaccurate so other people don't do it?

You basically have to climb the top tier stairs like its a ladder judging by the viewing angle. Why are there not thousands of people hanging off the barriers at the front of the top stands trying to save themselves?

Exactly.

Apart from the second bit, even I don't care about that, though I appreciate your attempts at distracting him with busy work.

Thanks for saying that. I was considering checking the regulations myself. You saved me. Let me be clear. This is not sarcasm.

You basically have to climb the top tier stairs like its a ladder judging by the viewing angle. Why are there not thousands of people hanging off the barriers at the front of the top stands trying to save themselves?

Those people have already fallen to their deaths and their bodies have been cleared away.

Ha. Just caught up with this.

I'm sure I'll cope.

LOL.

Yes, but lots of people said at the time, in that context, that we still wouldn't do anything until we were selling out and/or with a waiting list.

In the meantime your were posting up pictures of Wolves ground (is it 50,000 yet MLG?) and rambling about Chelsea in 1983.

At the point some of these previous posts and threads you & Turkish are now trawling up were written we didn't know what the relationship between Cortese and Liebherr was like for certain. We know have a better understanding, given the way things ended and other things have come to light. A lot was still just forum rumour and unsubstatiated press speculation. Had Cortese and Liebherr had a better relationship perhaps his ambition for the stadium may have proven more likely to gain favour from our financial backer.

As above. All irrelevant as a major investment like that was only going to happen if we were maxed out. We never were, we still aren't. No expansion required.

Yeah, but we were right and he was wrong, na na na na na.

Last word from MLG, for the ages.....

"Just imagine how many tickets we could sell if we were challenging towards the very top of the league"

Just imagine. Just imagine.