New TV

SO16_Saint

Good point.

what's better, Plasma, LED, or LCD?

OLED is the best but they're a wee bit pricey. Plasma is nearly non-existent with many manufacturers halting production and switching to LED only. Plasma, however, will offer you the best picture and with their phasing out, you may pick one up on the cheap. All depends on your budget I suppose but for picture quality it's generally Plasma > LED > LCD, this is a general rule as there are exceptions. Plasma tends to be no good for video games, if that's a concern, and there are a plethora of LEDs available so watch for sales and read all the reviews on your model of choice. I'm a Samsung fan so I lobby for them.

Cheers for the info.

We have a chromecsst and VM with the Netflix app so not sure a smartTV is necessary. ....unless I'm missing something? I'm not likely to use the TV for browsing the Internet, so what's the point? what else does it do?

Chromecast pretty much covers all its bases tbh ! If you have that it doesnt matter !

Cheers for the info.

We have a chromecsst and VM with the Netflix app so not sure a smartTV is necessary. ....unless I'm missing something? I'm not likely to use the TV for browsing the Internet, so what's the point? what else does it do?

If you have an android phone then get allcast. It's brilliant.

For that money you would be better off going for a Samsung Smart LED TV. Here's a couple I looked up for you:

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/Samsung-UE40H5500-Black-40inch-Full-HD-Smart-LED-TV-with-Freeview-HD-WiFi/id-SAM-LED-UE40H5500-BK?source=aw&utm_source=Affiliates&utm_medium=Links&utm_campaign=AW&utm_term=47868&utm_content=HotUKDeals

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40h5500/sams-ue40h5500

PM me if you want it setting up as I have a company, I charge a lot less than the multinationals :)

Anyone know whether the sainsbury's one tomorrow is any good?

Blaupunkt 40in LED television - was £299.99 - now £149.99 - save £150

I get a monthly TV/Blu Ray magazine, its the Sonys, Samsungs & LG's you want to go for. The Polaroid will be a rebadged chinese cheapie I'm afraid.

• 4 weeks later...

Be wary of Blaupunkt, polaroid and other generic brands that are all the same factory in Poland.

You can get decent 40" non Smart LG's in most places sub 300. This is a 42" and works a charm.

Edited by Nolan

Go to Richer Sounds. Tell them what you want the tv for. What it's replacing. How much you want to spend. See them in action.Take reviews with a pinch of salt.

Just upgraded from 32 inch LG to 40 inch Panasonic. Can't fault their service. Join vip club online and get free 5 year guarantee.

Got a samsung led 6000 range. Had it for a year with Sky etc but never been happy with picture. Anyone got any ideas? One minute it's looks great next minute all over exposed, white glare and misty effect. HD is good but fed up with fiddling around trying to get colours right. Help!

Got Samsung H6200. It's almost like the picture's too good. It makes even high budget Hollywood films look like reality TV, very strange.

Probably need to just display in true cinema settings. Looks bloody weird watching Die Hard looking like it is in the Neighbours set.

I have an LG 40 Inch on the wall in the lounge.

Love it. Although, after the first week or so, dont use the 3D part of it.

the HD is very good and it has wireless smart features so we use our NETFLIX and AMAZON prime video services on it (as well as others)

I have had this 6 months or so, and would strongly recommend staying away from blaupunk or polaroid TVs. Had a look at them and you can tell they are shyte.

I have a Samsung 32 inch HD thingy in the spare room (hooked up to the PS4) again, excellent.

as someone said above. Sony, LG, Panasonic and Samsung are where it is at and Richer Sounds is probably the best place on the high street too