Pathetic Support

Rasiak-9-

That's the thing. Could hardly hear the Northam, except for a little bit and pretty sure it could hardly hear Itchen North.

They cancel each other out a lot of the time, or are competing with the away fans in between. The rare occasions where we do join up to do the slow version of OWTS are pretty special.

Thought the Atmosphere was good last night (Second Half). Could hear the Itchen North from Block 42 and even kick started the Northam.

I personally thought that Block 43 were the best set this season, all singing and adding to the Northam, which is a refreshing change to what the block is usually like when sold to Home fans.

I agree with Griffo, something needs to be done to unite the Itchen North and Northam but seems the only option is to move Away fans, which the police won't allow. Maybe contacting the club, considering the new regime have improved the relationship with fans, to see what can be done?

Never will happen, history shows we like to "surround" the away fans

I personally thought that Block 43 were the best set this season, all singing and adding to the Northam, which is a refreshing change to what the block is usually like when sold to Home fans.

Very much so. Was surprised to hear Block 43 piping up and starting some of the chants.

Normally I look across and see a load of people sat on their hands, with the sort of steely gaze that suggests they've almost got somewhere else they'd rather be. Welcome change - more of this sort of thing!

Thought the Atmosphere was good last night (Second Half). Could hear the Itchen North from Block 42 and even kick started the Northam.

I agree with Griffo, something needs to be done to unite the Itchen North and Northam but seems the only option is to move Away fans, which the police won't allow. Maybe contacting the club, considering the new regime have improved the relationship with fans, to see what can be done?

We need a kop end.

Agreed that the atmosphere was good. Strange considering less fans.

To me it seemed very positive. The majority of the crowd knew the players we low on confidence. Especially Pelle who got his name sung after nearly every touch, good or bad.

That's bloody brilliant! I got called a troll for saying the crowd were on Pelle's side.

Agreed that the atmosphere was good. Strange considering less fans.

To me it seemed very positive. The majority of the crowd knew the players we low on confidence. Especially Pelle who got his name sung after nearly every touch, good or bad.

It's baffling to think it would be anything else as we are on course for our highest finish since 1985.

The atmosphere was good in the 2nd half, or a section of the 2nd half, wasn't great in the first half, plenty of moans and people shouting "shoooot" every 2mins, hilariously.

Does that not make you laugh then? I absolutely PMSL every time a player gets the ball in the opposition Half dan we know what's coming next. It's a bit like the scene when Del Boy falls through the bar on only fools and horses. No matter how many times it's always hilarious. the terrace banter that keeps on giving. Proper mad stuff.

It's baffling to think it would be anything else as we are on course for our highest finish since 1985.

Well, quite. Perhaps a little perspective filtered through.

Mind you, midweek games often feature more positive atmospheres. Probably a correlation between that and the lack of day-trippers (who'd do that for an evening game?) Less impatient people that want instant success and get irate when they don't see it.

Well, quite. Perhaps a little perspective filtered through.

Mind you, midweek games often feature more positive atmospheres. Probably a correlation between that and the lack of day-trippers (who'd do that for an evening game?) Less impatient people that want instant success and get irate when they don't see it.

Really? Many midweekers are dull. The West Ham atmosphere was terrible. What you often see is a lot of people who are sober and can't get hammered in the same way as they do on a Saturday and that feeds directly through to the atmosphere.

Get rid of the JCLs who have obviously got fed up of us not winning and the atmosphere is much improved. Unfortunately if we see an upturn in form again they'll probably come flooding back and the atmosphere will die.

Surely the 'die-hards' are still there anyway to make a noise, why would the 'JCLs' stop them piping up? We could pull in up to 30k in League One, regularly mid-20s, but the atmosphere was far better back then. We've run out of songs since we came back up.

And I must be missing something with some saying the atmosphere was better Tuesday. I sat in Itchen Block 6, closest I've sat to the halfway line, it was mostly dire from Saints fans. 1800 Palace were loud, and plenty of variety, it didn't sound like the Northam got anywhere near their levels. They were really raising their voices to sing, other than once or twice the only real response from the Northam was a half-hearted OWTSzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I've read the Itchen North was good second half but you really couldn't hear them all that well further down the stand, guess that's down to the acoustics.

As for the Chapel end of the stadium :lol:

Really? Many midweekers are dull. The West Ham atmosphere was terrible. What you often see is a lot of people who are sober and can't get hammered in the same way as they do on a Saturday and that feeds directly through to the atmosphere.

Dunno, perhaps that's the case more recently. Certainly in the lower leagues I can recall several fantastic midweekers - though granted the extra games per season meant they were a lot more regular. Agree that it wasn't necessarily vociferous on Tuesday, but the positivity (as opposed to the stadium audibly groaning every time a pass is misplaced) was evident.

Surely the 'die-hards' are still there anyway to make a noise, why would the 'JCLs' stop them piping up?

Shouldn't do, but demonstrably does. If I had to fathom a guess based upon where I 'sit', it'd be that the spread of those willing to sing is more vast when JCLs/plastics (delete as preferred) are in the ground. I'll happily try to get stuff going on my own, but if there's nobody in the vicinity to pick it up, there's only so much you can do.

And I must be missing something with some saying the atmosphere was better Tuesday.

Really is only relative. Atmosphere's been simply dire at times this season. Even getting half of the Northam singing OWTS for a few minutes felt like a victory. :?

Edited by ant