Pathetic Support

Rasiak-9-

EI EI EI O

Up the Premier League we go,

when we get champions league,

this is what we sing,

koeman is our king.

I refuse to sing that song, because it's based on a lie. I was burned last time and I won't be fooled again. When we were in the Championship / Lg 1 we sang:

E I E I E I O,

Up the football league we go,

When we get promotion.

This is what we'll sing:

We are Southampton, We are Southampton,

Adkins is our king!

But then when we did get promoted we didn't sing "We are Southampton, We are Southampton, Adkins is our king!", we sang the same full song again, just as we did when we weren't promoted.

So that is why I refuse to participate in the lie.

A few things and I have seen a few hundred games at St. Mary's on the TV.

- cant see or hear the Northam Saints Fans

- Itchen North don't exist for noise

- only see the away fans in the northam

- the chapel end is all Saints Fans

Just what I see and hear.........must be the same for others watching on TV

Posted this on another thread should have been here LOL

Edited by SarniaSaint

Anyone over the age of, what 14, whose first thought when we score is to turn to the away fans and shout "who are ya, who are ya" should be permanently banned from St Mary's. These people are more damaging to our fans reputation than a bunch of casuals in Ched Evans masks.

How about next time we score you celebrate by cheering, clapping, fist pumping or kissing the bloke next to you. Then sing the scorers name. It's small time ****tery to continually whack out "who are ya' after every goal. You can argue against me of you like, but you're wrong.

I seem to remember that when we played Pompey I was kept behind for an hour yet when they came to us...
Right, so because we were kept in away at the skates, we should hold in every team's away support, despite that not happening to us anywhere bar skates and Millwall.

If we lose we should keep in the away fans and turn the lights out.

I love the fact that when we have an unruly away fan arrested by police in the ground he goes into the stadium cells and released after the last train back to their place has gone. This used to be the case but not sure anymore.

Anyone over the age of, what 14, whose first thought when we score is to turn to the away fans and shout "who are ya, who are ya" should be permanently banned from St Mary's. These people are more damaging to our fans reputation than a bunch of casuals in Ched Evans masks.

One and the same

How about next time we score you celebrate by cheering, clapping, fist pumping or kissing the bloke next to you. Then sing the scorers name. It's small time ****tery to continually whack out "who are ya' after every goal. You can argue against me of you like, but you're wrong.

It's never anyone's first thought in the Itchen.

Normally happens about 15 seconds after the goal.

One and the same

Yeah, alright mush. I'll order my Ched Evans mask now then, shall I?

Or do what every other club seems to do and keep the away fans in for a while to let the home fans disperse.

I seem to remember that when we played Pompey I was kept behind for an hour yet when they came to us...

Derby was in the play-off semi-final. Cardiff was when I went there.
So we've got Pompey in a local derby and a couple of games from many years ago.

That every other club doesn't keep away fans in after the game and there is no chance we'll be doing it.

In my experience it's not every other club that doesn't (hasn't). The Derby game was particularly galling. We were made to stand there whilst the locals ran on the field up to our end and started mouthing it off. Not very clever policing, I thought.

Perfect policing. Them goading us from the pitch with a line of stewards and police in the way didn't cause any trouble. Them goading us outside the ground where everyone if free to wonder off would result in punches being thrown.

That line of stewards wouldn't have held a rush by us Saints fans if we hadn't been so self-controlled. It could have gone very wrong. What would have been better is to keep those Derby yobs away from us in the first place. Or they could have done what we do which is to have a separate area outside for away fans where we could have got on our coaches and crept quietly away into the night. They would have been too busy staying behind to salute their team.

That line of stewards wouldn't have held a rush by us Saints fans if we hadn't been so self-controlled. It could have gone very wrong. What would have been better is to keep those Derby yobs away from us in the first place. Or they could have done what we do which is to have a separate area outside for away fans where we could have got on our coaches and crept quietly away into the night. They would have been too busy staying behind to salute their team.

I would have charged on the pitch and taken them all on but it was raining quite hard so I stayed in my seat.

So, what's your point?

That every other club doesn't keep away fans in after the game and there is no chance we'll be doing it.

Sorry, is that 'not every other club does' or 'no other club does'?
My point is that every other club doesn't keep away fans in after the game and there'll be no chance we'll be doing it, as clearly stated above. And the fact that you've managed to come up with three or four games across nearly 8 years , clearly illustrates the point.

My point is that every other club doesn't keep away fans in after the game and there'll be no chance we'll be doing it, as clearly stated above. And the fact that you've managed to come up with three or four games across nearly 8 years , clearly illustrates the point.

Clearly some other clubs do, and 3 occasions is a high proportion of the away games that I have attended.

Or do what every other club seems to do and keep the away fans in for a while to let the home fans disperse.

That might be possible perhaps, but the key to a solution is to swap the home Northam side with the away Northam blocks. Provides an opportunity to maintain a strong home 'kop' and also provides a solution to marshalling away fans out of the stadium to their coaches. Frankly the level of trouble nowadays suggests there is little need for the Police to worry about the vast majority of away fans - the dorks that want a scrap will find a way to do so regardless of the segregation in place at SMS. IMO the club need to act...this is an entertainmemt business where atmosphere is integral to the experience and nullifying home support is a massive shot in the foot.

• 3 weeks later...
Always like that with a sell out I was surrounded by middle aged ladies, kids and teenage girls playing with their phones today..........of course the team being a bit **** didn't help either.

Successful teams attract all sorts of new fans don't knock it! To continue progressing we need to expand the fan base and we should all encourage others to support the saints

Successful teams attract all sorts of new fans don't knock it! To continue progressing we need to expand the fan base and we should all encourage others to support the saints

Spot on. I'm a season ticket holder but sounds like some of our fans want the same fans to be there every week. We need to grow club with other fans.

That might be possible perhaps, but the key to a solution is to swap the home Northam side with the away Northam blocks. Provides an opportunity to maintain a strong home 'kop' and also provides a solution to marshalling away fans out of the stadium to their coaches. Frankly the level of trouble nowadays suggests there is little need for the Police to worry about the vast majority of away fans - the dorks that want a scrap will find a way to do so regardless of the segregation in place at SMS. IMO the club need to act...this is an entertainmemt business where atmosphere is integral to the experience and nullifying home support is a massive shot in the foot.

Why does it have to be the northam end????.........just asking........