Liverhampton

washsaint

Wenger is just as bad as Rogers in my book, he was openly tapping up Walcott before the transfer. He even suggested that we had an obligation to sell him to Arsenal for the good of English football. These are some quotes from 2006

>Arsene wenger openly admits he is a big fan of Theo Walcott - but insists no deal has yet been struck to bring the highly-rated Southampton teenager to Arsenal.

Reports yesterday suggested the 16-year-old was set to join the Gunners in a deal worth up to pounds 10m.

However, Wenger maintained such talk was premature, but indicated he would be keen on adding the youngster to his squad, which was today bolstered by the signing of French Under-19 international Vasiriki Abou Diaby, and the confirmation of Monaco striker Emmanuel Adebayor's arrival is expected within the next 24 hours.

'He's a player we rate. I rate him personally and we are looking at him, yes,' said Wenger.

But the Arsenal manager insisted, 'It is not at the numbers you suggest because we are not in advanced negotiations at all.

'Is he available or not? We are not the only club who is after Theo Walcott - but you ask me if I like him, I will say yes.'

All Managers are at it when it comes to pubic comments about players though. What stood Rodgers apart was his derogatory comment about the CLUB in the summer of 2014 when he questioned our ambition and implied we willingly sold Lallana et al because we no longer wanted to compete. Complete ****.

Its not what you do its the way that you do it. After those comments by Brenda i wish him nothing but the worst.

People get so hung up on the transfer fee and forget the wages.

My rough guess is that Long is paid about 30% of what Lallana gets paid and so this needs to be factored in to whether they are each "worth it" or not.

Very rough guess on what each would be sellable for? Long £8m, Lallana £12m.

That's a massive capital depreciation on both players, but on an epic scale for Lallana. Not as bad as Osvaldo though, admittedly.

No way will have Lallana's market value have dropped to £12M after one season.

I watched some of their match on BT Sports last night. Some of the comments from Michael Owen were cringeworthy. All about what a big night it was for the opposition to be playing at Anfield and what an honour it was that Liverpool even deigned to play against them. Listening to him you'd think they were playing at Fratton Park.