Liverhampton

washsaint

How is going to Liverpool 'bettering yourself' - ' I hope to go to club that will push my career onwards and I hope to help the club achieve 2 points more than I managed last year'

because they will finish above us next season, he will earn a lot more, probably cement his place in the England side and have a far greater chance of actually winning something

apart from that, not a great deal

On one hand I think we should be a little proud that we develop players to the point that one of the biggest clubs in the world want to sign them as they can't develop their own talent.

But on the other there likely isn't a bigger club in the world that is becoming increasingly irrelevant both domestically and in Europe so maybe my first point isn't that great. The best part of this is the fans who shallowly chose to follow them because they were good and won trophies and now they aren't good nor win trophies they have no idea how to react. Liverpool are on the verge of losing their best player for the second season in a row, that usually doesn't happen to them but that shows where they are in the pecking order. Of course, you can lose your best player each summer and get better as Saints have shown, but Liverpool are handicapped by their fanbase and 'history' and thus there is no long term planning at the club and they'll always suffer from that.

All of the players that left Saints for Liverpool will earn more money, and that in itself is justification for moving. No issues from me there. Some handled it better than others, but that is usually down to the quality of person that the footballer is.

because they will finish above us next season, he will earn a lot more, probably cement his place in the England side and have a far greater chance of actually winning something

And by moving there he virtually guarantees he will NEVER play for one of the really big clubs who can compete in the latter stages of the champions league, as opposed to maybe once every 5 years losing to FC Basel or similar in the group stages.

It is infinitely harder to get a move to one of the very biggest clubs playing for Liverpool or Spurs than it would be playing for us. It shows he doesn't actually posess the confidence in his ability to play at the very top. And to be honest, that's probably a well placed lack of confidence. The top 4 weren't in for him for a reason

Rodgers constant dipping into our club for players makes me think of the Johnny Cash song - One piece at a time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

So Jose will be next on the list.

You would think if Man U came knocking that would be the go to place, but I can imagine the stories out of Liverpool regarding ease of sitting around are better than the stories about sitting around under Van Gaal.

Rodgers constant dipping into our club for players makes me think of the Johnny Cash song - One piece at a time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

So Jose will be next on the list.

You would think if Man U came knocking that would be the go to place, but I can imagine the stories out of Liverpool regarding ease of sitting around are better than the stories about sitting around under Van Gaal.

Jay Rod in January i reckon, and Hodgson will make it clear Jay Rod aint getting picked even if he is scoring hattricks for fun. He will have to transfer to Liverpool to make Euros. Tin foil hat firmly on head.

So love coming back as a neutral and seeing how bitter and deluded some of you are as fans

Nice to see you back and that your little fishing trip seems to have caught an awful lot of people. Bit disingenuous to call yourself a neutral isn't it? But never mind, I think we get what you mean.

and seeing how bitter and deluded some of you are as fans

I think you are doing a disservice to the members of this forum. They are not bitter nor deluded. We all know that the wages on offer are bigger, and the chances of playing at a higher level are better. We all know where Southampton are in the pecking order - it doesn't mean we have to like it, and I am surprised that you (and possibly your mate) don't realise this and that what people sometimes post isn't really how they feel.

and don't see it from the footballer's side of things

Yes of course we see it from a footballer's side of things. But really, do footballers see it from a fan's point of view. Do they really actually ever consider the fans, or anyone else apart from themselves? It seems that as a breed, footballers are overly nummamorous and keep themselves largely detached from the supporters. In years gone by, before all the money came into the game, things were slightly different. We understand. We also realise that the grass isn't always greener and that at a club like Liverpool, they will get chewed up and spat out pretty quickly if they don't make the grade. Lambert is finding that out now. Lovren might soon if he doesn't move up a gear. Lallana, while is the better of that trio, might also suffer the same as with this new Brazilian signing, competition for places might mean his opportunities are limited. What happens then? I am sure that we can see his two options: one to stay and try and force his way in or wait for injuries all the time picking up a big pay cheque, or two, move on to another club where he can get regular starts with possibly a lower wage. Maybe Everton?

I was always taught if I could better myself go for it, as some have said on here your [grrrr - spell it properly!!!!] just grieving get over it

Yes, so was I, but I was also taught how to do it properly. But better oneself is rather dependent on what you use as a yardstick. I certainly turned down much much higher paid jobs to set up my own company. The freedom of being able to do what I want, when I want is more important to me than the pure financial reward. It is a long term thing as well. Long term happiness is more important than short term happiness that you might feel due to increased financial reward which is often followed by unhappiness. But bettering yourself is not the same as making more money and it shows what is wrong with the game. It is not unique to the players leaving us, or even those joining us, it is football wide.

However I think this shows how detached you really are, possibly due to your association with a football player but of course that is being a bit presumptuous. I really do not think that anyone took exception to your mate moving to Liverpool, just the way it was carried out. Obviously with your blinkered view of things, you see nothing wrong with what happened, but you seem to find yourself in a minority. For me, the worst thing he did was http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/young-fan-gets-england-midfielder-7212288 . As captain of the club it showed a fair bit of disrespect when the deal hadn't been completed. Does it all matter? Of course not. I look at things pragmatically and go to the football for a bit of entertainment. If it wasn't there, it wouldn't really impact on my life too much as I'd find something rather more worthy to do. Footballers are entertainers and, at risk of being accused of being bitter, have somewhat self-aggrandised themselves to say the very least.

As for the grieving, at the risk of being pompous, I would take one of Tennyson's lines, albeit somewhat out of context - For men may come and men may go, But I go on for ever.

Edited by angelman

It's quite clear that Adam still doesn't get it. let's spell it out:

It's not that you left, it's how you left.

Rickie, Theo, Bale.... soon to be Morgan, despite his paddy last summer, they are all well thought of. As are many others..... so why such ill feeling towards Lallana?

If he asks himself honestly, I'm sure he does actually gets it... contradicting my opening statement. However, judging by TheVMan's latest posts he may be too immature to cope with the reality of the answer.

Edited by Colinjb

I think I must be the only one on here who finds Turkish's post a bit pathetic.

What I find more pathetic is some little nobody coming on here giving it the biggun just because he's some footballers *****.

Typical hanger on.

I think with their starting run of games - them finishing above us is not a guarantee by any means.

I still hope UTD think **** it lets get him and he leaves Scousehampton in the dirt - but I'm a biased fan!

I think with their starting run of games - them finishing above us is not a guarantee by any means.

I still hope UTD think **** it lets get him and he leaves Scousehampton in the dirt - but I'm a biased fan!

what about our run of games. we never had europe last season and they had an utterly appalling season.

I suggest the gap will be wider by the end of the following season and that wont be us above them

we are signing cedric, juanmi, probably not going to get toby and selling our best player (again)

they are not

what about our run of games. we never had europe last season and they had an utterly appalling season.

I suggest the gap will be wider by the end of the following season and that wont be us above them

we are signing cedric, juanmi, probably not going to get toby and selling our best player (again)

they are not

There is going to be huge pressure on that entire club when they go to stoke - they got pounded there in the last game they played and then after that they have Arsenal and UTD in the next 4 games, both away. I think Liverpool are going to massively struggle (For a top 6 side) as they have failed to deal with their insane amount of goals they concede.

*unless they can hire better coaching staff and defenders in the summer.

There is going to be huge pressure on that entire club when they go to stoke - they got pounded there in the last game they played and then after that they have Arsenal and UTD in the next 4 games, both away. I think Liverpool are going to massively struggle (For a top 6 side) as they have failed to deal with their insane amount of goals they concede.

we also have to play these sides away

even with those shyte coaches and defenders, they still finished above us

It's quite clear that Adam still doesn't get it. let's spell it out:

It's not that you left, it's how you left.

Rickie, Theo, Bale.... soon to be Morgan, despite his paddy last summer, they are all well thought of. As are many others..... so why such ill feeling towards Lallana?

If he asks himself honestly, I'm sure he does actually gets it... contradicting my opening statement. However, judging by TheVMan's latest posts he may be too immature to cope with the reality of the answer.

675.gif

Depends who else they buy really, Milner will certainly help them in terms of ball possession I think and Kovacic is a DM AFIK. They still have to sign him though. Take away Gerrard and you're looking a a completely different side.

they are not

Nothing like a good bit of positivity........

Wait......

Although this might be true to some people it is not for all, i had the chance 3 years ago to gain 3.7 k a year to work in a fancy restaurant. i turned it down to stay working with the same head chef and co workers who i get on well with and have now worked with for 9 years.. i got the chance to move as the old manager of my current place moved to a new one which he got a nice big pay rise with.. im still working at the same place with 7 people who i started working with 9 years ago....all having a great time with while at work and after work and i still live near all my family and friends.

My old boss ( the one that offered me a big pay rise and a car ) now has a different job lives no where near his family and is NOT happy with his life at all....

I know footballers are different - but i for one am glad i never sold my soul for a pay rise after seeing how his life feel apart and how he wishes he did not take the job.

Yes the extra money would be nice. but i wouldn't give my life away for it........

My point is... money is not every thing.... :thumbup:

An extra 3.7k was probably about 10% rise I would guess. If they had offered you a salary increase of between 50% and 100% you would have gone wouldn't you?

An extra 3.7k was probably about 10% rise I would guess. If they had offered you a salary increase of between 50% and 100% you would have gone wouldn't you?

I always find this bizarre. You can't seriously compare the scenario of someone on a 30 odd grand salary being offered a job with a pay rise and someone on 3 million a year in the same position. There comes a point surely where money stops being a decision making factor and I'd say the vast majority of PL footballers fall into that category

I always find this bizarre. You can't seriously compare the scenario of someone on a 30 odd grand salary being offered a job with a pay rise and someone on 3 million a year in the same position. There comes a point surely where money stops being a decision making factor and I'd say the vast majority of PL footballers fall into that category

Plenty of studies done on this. Mostly US based and it depends on where you live (cost of living). Using 'happiness' as the goal of day to day existence (measured by such things quality of life, free time, health, spiritual life, feelings of loneliness, expectations about aging, etc.) around $50-75k is the optimum yearly income. All the studies suggest anymore than that has no bearing on happiness.

So, yeah, around £37,500 to £40,000 is the optimum salary in the UK.

We all have an HQ too, like an IQ, a happiness quotient that tends to remain fixed (or return to mean) regardless of situation. People with a higher HQ tend to be more content whatever their circumstance and people with low HQ tend to be frustrated regardless.

Social pressures can warp this of course (we live in a society where 'greed is good' and 'ambition' is seen as simply as desire for more wealth, rather than personal fulfillment) but essentially it is a pathological constant in all of us.

In addition HQ and IQ have been suggested to be linked, but this is early (ie limited) research. Intriguingly where high IQ and low HQ combine you tend find sociopathic behaviours, for example in city traders.

In this particular instance I would guess Adam, like many professional footballers, has not only a lower than average IQ, but also a lower than average HQ too.

Or maybe he was sad because of what his wife allegedly did? Who can say!?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Edited by Polaroid Saint

As far as I'm concerned they are players of a rival team so there is no way I would wish them success. I do think that they are a lot worse than their opinion of themselves. Bringing in another load of players to add to an already large fairly solid squad will cause disruption as some of last years squad disappear and others slip down the pecking order.

I don't think we are too far away in terms of performance compared to them. Last season the difference was their win at St Mary's, hardly a gulf. I like the way we are going, nearly £40m coming in and probably beefing up the 25 compared to last season. Time will tell although I did enjoy watching Newport (IOW)'s finest struggling to find a blend. Stoke 6 Liv 1 my favourite.

i think (sadly) you are wrong! The more you earn the more you spend, no matter how much or little.

As far as I'm concerned they are players of a rival team so there is no way I would wish them success. I do think that they are a lot worse than their opinion of themselves. Bringing in another load of players to add to an already large fairly solid squad will cause disruption as some of last years squad disappear and others slip down the pecking order.

I don't think we are too far away in terms of performance compared to them. Last season the difference was their win at St Mary's, hardly a gulf. I like the way we are going, nearly £40m coming in and probably beefing up the 25 compared to last season. Time will tell although I did enjoy watching Newport (IOW)'s finest struggling to find a blend. Stoke 6 Liv 1 my favourite.

Or their win up at Anfield which was just as jammy.

I've mentioned this before I have a virtual open offer of a job which could double my money (I earn decent money as it is) but it means working away and missing the out on the Thursday nights which I currently have my son , After a discussion with him he advised me "Money's isn't everything daddy" and I can't find one excuse to argue with him on it!

The vast majority of footballers clearly don't fall into that category. Piece of p**s to spend £1m a year on stuff anyway.

There is an old saying "much always wants more" - you're a good person or at the very least not a greedy one, however, for many among us the more they get, the more they want. Bill Gates and his mates have what some 400 billion between them? And of course they never slow up . . . . . .I only single 'him' out as one prime example, there an are so many others. It is estimated the "top" 200 or so richest people in the world have more money, assets, own more land etc etc then the "bottom" two and a half billion. That's why of course the likes of Maxwell, a billionaire, still stole and plundered the Mirror pension fund. Hence such rampant hegemonic greed explains the total mess that surrounds us on a global level, constant deprivation, starvation and UNTOLD suffering. And so to return to your point that's why even super rich footballers, like so many others, will follow the larger and larger salaries; no matter how much they already posses. One of the rationales for Beckham's departure from Real Madrid rumoured at the time was that on the strength of his "shirt sales" [rather apt we suppose] he wanted to 'renegotiate' his contract to £700,000 per week. "True" education is fundamental to such wanton greed but don't hold your breath. "Much always wants more" then, which brings us to the NEW idiomatic war cry to endorse and sustain this outlandish, wilful and thus painful inequality, "greed is good".

There is an old saying "much always wants more" - you're a good person or at the very least not a greedy one, however, for many among us the more they get, the more they want. Bill Gates and his mates have what some 400 billion between them? And of course they never slow up . . . . . .I only single 'him' out as one prime example, there an are so many others. It is estimated the "top" 200 or so richest people in the world have more money, assets, own more land etc etc then the "bottom" two and a half billion. That's why of course the likes of Maxwell, a billionaire, still stole and plundered the Mirror pension fund. Hence such rampant hegemonic greed explains the total mess that surrounds us on a global level, constant deprivation, starvation and UNTOLD suffering. And so to return to your point that's why even super rich footballers, like so many others, will follow the larger and larger salaries; no matter how much they already posses. One of the rationales for Beckham's departure from Real Madrid rumoured at the time was that on the strength of his "shirt sales" [rather apt we suppose] he wanted to 'renegotiate' his contract to £700,000 per week. "True" education is fundamental to such wanton greed but don't hold your breath. "Much always wants more" then, which brings us to the NEW idiomatic war cry to endorse and sustain this outlandish, wilful and thus painful inequality, "greed is good".

Edited by ENSKIED
delete posted twice

and bill gates has all that wealth stuffed in a mattress doing nobody any good.

footballers will follow the biggest salaries because it will guarantee the security and lifestyle of their family in the shortest time. if you had to avoid a career ending injury for ten years or sign a big contract now that paid you the same amount over the next four, you'd surely take it. a football career is short, a life to consume those earnings in the western world is long.

I think I must be the only one on here who finds Turkish's post a bit pathetic.

I was, lets say... "surprised" by it. Because it does come across a bit mouth-foamy (mostly due to the spelling errors), and he's usually very considered.

and bill gates has all that wealth stuffed in a mattress doing nobody any good.

footballers will follow the biggest salaries because it will guarantee the security and lifestyle of their family in the shortest time. if you had to avoid a career ending injury for ten years or sign a big contract now that paid you the same amount over the next four, you'd surely take it. a football career is short, a life to consume those earnings in the western world is long.

Point missed?

Possibly. I was responding of course to VK's sense of "unbelief" that rich footballers would hardly be likely to want even more money. Get that? The key words perhaps being EVEN MORE. In attempting to deal with that premise I have highlighted that even the super, super, rich who have enough money for thousands of lifetimes rarely if ever pull the plug and still want more and more and in the process the "Devil can take hindmost" which is the way of the world.

Now has for Gatesy stuffing it under his fat mattress [Cue Noel Redding] he has a more important agenda

http://www.naturalnews.com/036756_depopulation_agenda_eugenics_survivor.html

Point missed?

Possibly. I was responding of course to VK's sense of "unbelief" that rich footballers would hardly be likely to want even more money. Get that? The key words perhaps being EVEN MORE. In attempting to deal with that premise I have highlighted that even the super, super, rich who have enough money for thousands of lifetimes rarely if ever pull the plug and still want more and more and in the process the "Devil can take hindmost" which is the way of the world.

Now has for Gatesy stuffing it under his fat mattress [Cue Noel Redding] he has a more important agenda

that's some impressive tinfoil hattery there. it's at least refreshing that this doesn't appear to be a frankfurt school job for a change and that someone on the internet can spell cue.

i agree with you that money is king for a footballer, i disagree with your explanation of the motivation.

Bill Gates wealth just accumulates – he's not really pursuing it, in fact he gives tons of it away. His net worth isn't real money after all, it's just value in stocks, property, personal branding, etc. That can easily disappear – ask Brazil's former richest man Eike Batista, who went from being worth 30b to 200m in one year. Once you start getting into the billions we aren't talking about real zeros on bank balances anymore, but perceived value in whatever the person owns.

that's some impressive tinfoil hattery there. it's at least refreshing that this doesn't appear to be a frankfurt school job for a change and that someone on the internet can spell cue.

i agree with you that money is king for a footballer, i disagree with your explanation of the motivation.

If so you're easily impressed by my spelling of 'cue' wait until I surreptitiously slip in words such as, corrugated-iron, marmalade and antidisestablishmentarianism . . . . . .you're gonna be knocked-out.

So "Tinfoil hattery" is one facetious way of describing the truth of the matter we suppose - ergo what is written is written and is there to be seen. However, I'm NOT saying money is King for a footballer per se, what I'm writing is - money is KING - full stop. And the LOVE of it - might need a little dethroning to get society back on kilter.

Are you impressed by super, super, super rich Gatesy's agenda for his New World Order? Do let us know . . . . . . . .

Bill Gates wealth just accumulates – he's not really pursuing it, in fact he gives tons of it away. His net worth isn't real money after all, it's just value in stocks, property, personal branding, etc. That can easily disappear – ask Brazil's former richest man Eike Batista, who went from being worth 30b to 200m in one year. Once you start getting into the billions we aren't talking about real zeros on bank balances anymore, but perceived value in whatever the person owns.

You are undoubtedly a beautiful person and I love you already. Ignorance is indeed bliss. Let us go forth in peace.

If so you're easily impressed by my spelling of 'cue' wait until I surreptitiously slip in words such as, corrugated-iron, marmalade and antidisestablishmentarianism . . . . . .you're gonna be knocked-out.

So "Tinfoil hattery" is one facetious way of describing the truth of the matter we suppose - ergo what is written is written and is there to be seen. However, I'm NOT saying money is King for a footballer per se, what I'm writing is - money is KING - full stop. And the LOVE of it - might need a little dethroning to get society back on kilter.

Are you impressed by super, super, super rich Gatesy's agenda for his New World Order? Do let us know . . . . . . . .

is this the royal we or are have you now descended into dissociative identity disorder?

tremendous entertainment value regardless.

is this the royal we or are have you now descended into dissociative identity disorder?

tremendous entertainment value regardless.

I shay steady on there sotonist old chap, what do you mean "have I descended" ? The implication therein is that there could be some doubt about it and here is the caveat, when I look about I perceive that so is most of humankind; are we to infer you are suggesting you are not a member of the DID fray? If you are, weI strongly recommend you gain membership on the basis of "if yer can't beat us, join us" .

they weren't BAD players when they left.

Rickie Lambert didn't become a bad player during his summer holidays, and Lallana was good enough to be voted player of the season.

Brendan Rodgers didn't realise that the success for those two was that they played together in the team....he scarcely had them on the pitch at the same time.

Lovren was made to look better than he was (as he was good at times) BECAUSE he played alongside Jose Fonte. Rodgers (in retrospect) signed the wrong CB.

they weren't BAD players when they left.

Rickie Lambert didn't become a bad player during his summer holidays, and Lallana was good enough to be voted player of the season.

Brendan Rodgers didn't realise that the success for those two was that they played together in the team....he scarcely had them on the pitch at the same time.

Lovren was made to look better than he was (as he was good at times) BECAUSE he played alongside Jose Fonte. Rodgers (in retrospect) signed the wrong CB.

Marcotti on The Times podcast said that lovren just reverted to how he was at previous club . He claimed that last season at Liverpool wasn't an exception , the good season at Southampton was .

Marcotti on The Times podcast said that lovren just reverted to how he was at previous club . He claimed that last season at Liverpool wasn't an exception , the good season at Southampton was .

Yes - exactly the point I've made on previous occasions.

Many players who suddenly have " one good season " are in great demand, but in the long run turn out to be failry average / poor.

I shall be interested to see how well Harry Kane does ....in the coming sesaon, because Spuds would really have been in the s**t without him last season.

Point missed?

Naturalnews.com? F*ck me! Seriously? You need to check out what that site really stands for. An abhorrent and hateful pile of skank akin to the Daily Mail in its pushing of one set of agendas in disregard of any others. Dangerous peddlers of quackery and fear-fed nonsense to boot.

I find it truly shocking people read this garbage, believe it and then parrot it out. Do some proper research fella, you are clearly capable.

And I was on your side until that point!

"Why Trust One Drug And Not The Other? That's Politics That Is"

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Edited by Polaroid Saint

So love coming back as a neutral and seeing how bitter and deluded some of you are as fans and don't see it from the footballer's side of things, I was always taught if I could better myself go for it, as some have said on here your just grieving get over it

When I look back and think of Adam leaving the best way to describe my feeling is sad. Sad that he could of helped us push on to make history, sad that he could of stayed and become a club legend like Le tiss, sad by the way he left, the refusal to play and even just give it a go with a legend in the game Ronald Koeman. He was one year into a 5 year contract when he signed it he pretty much said he wanted to stay for life.

England duty, Rodgers and money have poisoned his moral compass IMO