• Ward-Prowse
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Mané
    • Pellè
    • Romeu
    • Rodriguez
    • Juanmi

He needs to grow on the ball in the opponents half but JWP's work off the ball on Saturday was outstanding. Having watched the game again this morning he didn't stop trying to get involved and chasing after Swansea players - even if he didn't have the physical strength to win the ball back himself he hurried the opposition and forced plenty of mistakes. He can be very happy with that as that work gives him a platform to work on the other things we're expecting (and need) from him as he continues to be a starter.

Angry ? Not at all . Your lack of understanding of the game is amusing but as long as you enjoyed it .

You asked a question of a much discussed topic . I hope the answer satisfies your curiosity .

3-1 is a good result but a better team would have punished the acres of space that Koemans formation gave them .

I can only hope that Classie holds the key to remove one of them from the squad .

It seems you missed how easily Swansea waltzed through our midfield time after time .

What are your thoughts as to how this can be improved ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I must have been at a different game to you, I agree it wasn't our best performance ever and we scored at good times, but i can't remember Swansea constantly waltzing through us. They had a lot of space in front of their defence but Shelvey didn't make great use of it. The point being we won against a good side with both in our team , so it can work. We didn't win with just 9 men.

He didn't need to, we scored two without his assistance and the first with a perfect delivery from him.

Strange I seem to recall a cracking pin point ball into the box did the trick last Sunday afternoon to open the scoring.

JWP could score a hatrick in the next 2 games and still get slagged off................... on the flip side Jose is increasingly looking wobbly compared to last year and will do a Yoshida (from last week) pretty much every week yet no one says a word.

The sooner some folks realise that smashing your 3 year old kid everytime on FIFA 16 has no relation to real life Football the better.

Hope Clasie doesn't stutter when he eventually puts in an appearance......................... It will be like Christmas Eve in the Turkey shed on here if he does.

Strange I seem to recall a cracking pin point ball into the box did the trick last Sunday afternoon to open the scoring.

JWP could score a hatrick in the next 2 games and still get slagged off................... on the flip side Jose is increasingly looking wobbly compared to last year and will do a Yoshida (from last week) pretty much every week yet no one says a word.

The sooner some folks realise that smashing your 3 year old kid everytime on FIFA 16 has no relation to real life Football the better.

Hope Clasie doesn't stutter when he eventually puts in an appearance......................... It will be like Christmas Eve in the Turkey shed on here if he does.

I believe that's what I said? He may not have scored himself but his delivery was on the spot for Virgil. I am sure we can both agree on this :)

Ok just because you are unable to stop yourself from being a complete and utter **** at every opportunity.

Prowse offers nothing as an attacking midfielder. He rarely closes players down and his distribution is poor . He lacks any sort of aggression and thus provides zero in terms of defensive ability .

Davis is able to pressure players but lacks any ability to pick out a pass that will unlock a defence . Usually he will run at the opponents box and then gradually slow down as he has no idea what to do next . A champion of the backwards pass . Often loses possession yet does little to retrieve it . Cannot shoot to save himself .

When both are combined it allows teams unfettered access through our central channel forcing Wanyama or Romeu into making more aggressive challenges as they are offered no protection. This draws fouls and yellow cards .

In turn this also puts our defence under increased pressure . Fonte now stands out as a weak link at Cb with out the protection of a better midfield .

This has been discussed on here before but thank you for being an argumentative twit .

Honestly why do you even have an open forum when all you do is attack different opinions ?

The mods do a rubbish job in controlling this .

What a load of tosh, you really are a muppet. Accusing others of not watching the game when it is quite clear it was you who either didn't watch it or didn't appreciate what was happening. I am quite a critic of JWP but he actually played very well on Saturday (at least for 60-odd minutes) doing all of the things you say he didn't do, good passes, a great corner, harrying, tackling (yes I found it hard to believe) and showing a lot of desire and energy, he does seem to have found a yard of pace that was previously missing. Played together well with Davis again, who was one of the best players on the park, with lots of energy, pin-point passes (and some that were a hair's breadth away from being so). It was so noticeable that soon after he was subbed off when we were 3-0 up that the energy levels dropped and we resorted to the same awful play that we exhibited for 50 minutes against Man U (strangely coinciding with the time before Davis was subbed on). OK, so he cannot score for toffee at the moment, just like JWP, but we have plenty of others who can, and who do largely due to the work that these two are putting in. JWP has improved immeasurably since playing a deeper role, as he did with Romeu when Vic threw his toys out of his pram.

Criticism where its due, but try not slagging people off who actually take notice of what has happened in a game instead of spewing rubbish based on your preconceived misconceptions.

I believe that's what I said? He may not have scored himself but his delivery was on the spot for Virgil. I am sure we can both agree on this :)

Sorry Whitey I was referring to the Crackerjack pass v Man Utd into Mané who volleyed it only to be blocked by De Gea for Pelle to tidy up.

Saturday for Virgil again the ball was hit hard and exactly where they had practised hitting it to in training.

Angry ? Not at all . Your lack of understanding of the game is amusing but as long as you enjoyed it.

Ooh, can we all be patronising ****s then?

I happen to agree with Vectis that he has added 'snap' to his play and did an awful lot off the ball. You didn't notice that then, you only notice the obvious stuff? Bit of a lack of understanding of the game, I'd say.

See, how you express yourself makes a difference, so do you think you could tone it down a bit and try not to come over oh-so-superior/ If you are a top-level coach with all your badges then I apologise, but I can assure you that that is not the impression you give.

Sorry Whitey I was referring to the Crackerjack pass v Man Utd into Mané who volleyed it only to be blocked by De Gea for Pelle to tidy up.

Saturday for Virgil again the ball was hit hard and exactly where they had practised hitting it to in training.

Fair enough JBS. So we both agree he was worth his place. I must admit I overlooked the significance of the bit about 'last Sunday'.

Edited by Whitey Grandad
spilling

Ooh, can we all be patronising ****s then?

I happen to agree with Vectis that he has added 'snap' to his play and did an awful lot off the ball. You didn't notice that then, you only notice the obvious stuff? Bit of a lack of understanding of the game, I'd say.

See, how you express yourself makes a difference, so do you think you could tone it down a bit and try not to come over oh-so-superior/ If you are a top-level coach with all your badges then I apologise, but I can assure you that that is not the impression you give.

I very much doubt that he is one of those. He is just your average fan who bears a grudge against certain players and is too bigoted against them to recognise when they might have a decent game and too small-minded to

give even grudging admiration for them when they play well, as it goes against his prejudices.

Thanks Wes , I was going to tone things down a little . I tend to react poorly when I know that the same old posters will react aggressively. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy . The general theme on here is to be as condescending and patronizing as possible . I will try harder in future to not fall in with the status quo .

As for Prowse and Davis ? I doubt bigotry has much to do with it . A player who plays well occasionally doesn't justify a position in a premier league team .

Prowse doesn't do enough to justify his spot . Yes we scored from a corner . This is a rarity . Yes his free kicks are nicely taken but they never ever go in for Saints . We can't carry a one trick pony whose trick rarely works . Hopefully Dijk can take over the free kicks and thus negate the need to play Prowse . Send him out on loan until he either improves or sell him on to a league 1 club .

Davis does perform a role on occassion . He runs around alot . Some fans on here just love that in a player . How many useful passes does he make per game though ? Passing back to the keeper doesn't count . For the occasional pass he makes that leads to something I just don't think he justifies his spot . He isn't an attacking mid nor a defensive mid . He does run around though .

Even a broken clock is right twice a day . Both of these players are holding back the team in my opinion .

I welcome the opinions of those who disagree .

Thanks Wes , I was going to tone things down a little . I tend to react poorly when I know that the same old posters will react aggressively. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy . The general theme on here is to be as condescending and patronizing as possible . I will try harder in future to not fall in with the status quo .

As for Prowse and Davis ? I doubt bigotry has much to do with it . A player who plays well occasionally doesn't justify a position in a premier league team .

Prowse doesn't do enough to justify his spot . Yes we scored from a corner . This is a rarity . Yes his free kicks are nicely taken but they never ever go in for Saints . We can't carry a one trick pony whose trick rarely works . Hopefully Dijk can take over the free kicks and thus negate the need to play Prowse . Send him out on loan until he either improves or sell him on to a league 1 club .

Davis does perform a role on occassion . He runs around alot . Some fans on here just love that in a player . How many useful passes does he make per game though ? Passing back to the keeper doesn't count . For the occasional pass he makes that leads to something I just don't think he justifies his spot . He isn't an attacking mid nor a defensive mid . He does run around though .

Even a broken clock is right twice a day . Both of these players are holding back the team in my opinion .

I welcome the opinions of those who disagree .

It's all very well saying who you wouldn't have, which two players would you put in their places? Anybody can be negative.

It's all very well saying who you wouldn't have, which two players would you put in their places? Anybody can be negative.

They are both players who I think should have been upgraded in the last 2 seasons . Selling Morgan has highlighted how poor Davis is . Playing Prowse as an advanced attacking midfielder shows how poor our replacement strategy has been .

I feel that both players only get a game as we have nothing better and have bought poorly . I think Reed should get playing time ahead of Davis . I feel he can develop into a much better more effective player .

Prowse doesn't suit our formation as he offers so little .

Hopefully Juamni can develop into a Prowse replacement.

I agree that we don't have a like for like replacement for Prowse or Davis . Possibly is why I get frustrated with them . I would use Davis ahead of Prowse though . Just think neither of them are up to standard though . We have been crying out for an attacking midfielder for years

They are both players who I think should have been upgraded in the last 2 seasons . Selling Morgan has highlighted how poor Davis is . Playing Prowse as an advanced attacking midfielder shows how poor our replacement strategy has been .

I feel that both players only get a game as we have nothing better and have bought poorly . I think Reed should get playing time ahead of Davis . I feel he can develop into a much better more effective player .

Prowse doesn't suit our formation as he offers so little .

Hopefully Juamni can develop into a Prowse replacement.

I agree that we don't have a like for like replacement for Prowse or Davis . Possibly is why I get frustrated with them . I would use Davis ahead of Prowse though . Just think neither of them are up to standard though . We have been crying out for an attacking midfielder for years

Thank you for expanding. Maybe Clasie can replace one of them.

Thank you for expanding. Maybe Clasie can replace one of them.

I'm really hoping he can . If its to be believed that he is being developed as a more advanced player then hopefully he can replace Prowse . Clasie seems very injury prone , fingers crossed this is just a blip as we need him to be fit if he is to be effective .

Even Ramirez offers more than Prowse playing in a central area .

I'm really hoping he can . If its to be believed that he is being developed as a more advanced player then hopefully he can replace Prowse . Clasie seems very injury prone , fingers crossed this is just a blip as we need him to be fit if he is to be effective .

Even Ramirez offers more than Prowse playing in a central area .

I've always liked Ramirez but there must be a reason that Ron doesn't pick him over JWP. It may just come down to who follows Ron's instructions to the letter, or it could be that as a former defender he prefers defence over attack.

I've always liked Ramirez but there must be a reason that Ron doesn't pick him over JWP. It may just come down to who follows Ron's instructions to the letter, or it could be that as a former defender he prefers defence over attack.

As a former World class defender, he has certainly organised our defence well generally, but we are talking here about arguably the best attacking defender the game has ever seen, so it sounds strange to conclude that he prefers defence over attack. I'm more inclined to believe that his philosophy might be that the best form of defence is attack.

As a former World class defender, he has certainly organised our defence well generally, but we are talking here about arguably the best attacking defender the game has ever seen, so it sounds strange to conclude that he prefers defence over attack. I'm more inclined to believe that his philosophy might be that the best form of defence is attack.

Yes indeed, but unfortunately we don't have anybody of his capabilities in the team.