Klopp - Early leavers

Saint Garrett

These people who think every minute of the game is sacred. How do you square up when you miss a whole game. Do you need to do penance?

I hate it when I miss a game. Absolutely hate it. It puts me in a really bad mood and I'm awful at watching us on a stream, I get really anxious and easily annoyed in contrast to when I'm in the stadium when I feel relaxed and at ease with the situation whatever the score is.

There's always going to be a handful with a legitimate reason for getting the the exit early and I do get that ( although I wouldn't leave myself ) that people leave when the result isn't in doubt . But how on earth could anyone sit through the final 15 minutes of tension on sat and then walk out with 4 minutes injury time remaining . People with elderly relatives or similar aside , I do think it casts doubt on your credentials as not only a saints fan , but a football fan as well . Many people can't make games for various reasons , but I doubt they turn the radio off before the end . Sorry but I can't get my head round it .

We're not alone , I was right by the Arsenal fans last week and they did the same , including one particularly mouthy twt. I don't recall it happening so much in the 70's & 80's .

I do actually agree with you, and if there is 5 minutes of ET, I will get a bit retentive and set my stopwatch on my phone. I left my seat at the back after 4 mins 20!! :) Missed the last 5-10 seconds as I got to the concourse when the final whistle went. I said to someone coming down, that if WHU scored I didn't want to see it!!

But you "complain" about those leaving. I might "complain" about the lot in front of me who leave on 40 minutes EVERY game to presumably get to the front of the queue for beer or something. They then tend to dribble back into their seats 2-5 minutes after the 2nd half starts. I'm up and down like a jack in the box. Well actually as there is no one behind me, I'll generally stand until they are all in. But anyway, they miss say 7 minutes of the game, although I guess the result isn't so in doubt around half time, but I can't get my head around that. Why come to the game to then miss so much of it to go and buy an over priced and not very nice beer?

But as an aside, you say that you doubt people who can't make it to games would turn the radio off before the end. Well, I find it much easier sitting through to the end at SMS as at home with the TV or radio for away games, if it gets too nervy, I just can't sit still and have to get out.

I'm with angelman on this... At Selhurst there was a group sat near me who turned up about 5-10 mins after kick off, then went (presumably) to the bar on 40 mins, returned to their seats at 50, then left on 80 mins! It felt like they were only there for half the match... And the fact it was an away game as well meant you really have to have gone out your way to buy tickets and attend.

Edited by mrfahaji