Arsenal 0-0 Saints - Reaction

Jimmy_D

MotM vs Arsenal (Away 2015/16)  

456 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Arsenal (Away 2015/16)

errr well Targett is a defender and Tadic is a creative attacking player so this shouldn't be a surprise. I don't get why people have a problem with Tadic playing I doubt Koeman's plan was to just defend for 90 minutes so having Tadic in a front three to try and create something for Mane and Long was vital seeing as we were playing three DM in the absence of Davis. If you play Tadic for his creative skills you pretty much except he won't be that solid defensively (though having watched him I don't think he is nearly as bad as the lazy east European tag some people want to give him). Once it became clear we were under the cosh in the second half Koeman took Tadic off.

Were you at the game? Without the ball every player is a defender. No team can carry a player in the modern game.

Fraser excelled in the '1' of the 1-4-3-3 yet again. His performance equally good in the 1-3-4-1-2 of late which gives us valuable options.

Saint Charlie I love this post! This is why we should always include the keeper when talking about a formation. The importance of 1 in all systems.

What were the exact words to that Cedric song that a few lads spent 15 minutes trying to get going?

It was something like this:

He's our Cedric

Going down the right wing he's electric

He does things we never expected

And he shits on Clyne

Nice that, with the hallmarks of a Saintsweb original if someone can did out the "song for Cedric" thread from the summer...

Saint Charlie I love this post! This is why we should always include the keeper when talking about a formation. The importance of 1 in all systems.

Fraser has got such presence that a "1 on 1" with Fraser is more like a "1 on a 1.5" he's that big in front of the goals.

Arsenal with Sanchez remind of Liverpool with Suarez. Take either of those out of the team and all of of a sudden they don't look all that IMO.

Which kind of goes to show that if you have an all-weather goal scorer at your disposal then most other imperfections in your side are easily obscured. Leicester are showing us that this season as well, they're not that good overall but with a couple of nifty blokes in attack all of the rest becomes pretty irrelevant.

Just happened upon this. So much seeth, especially the first bloke (after the presenter). Definitely worth watching the first 5 minutes or so :lol:

Funny how fans of different teams measure success. If saints has achieved half as much as Arsenal has under Wenger I'd be well chuffed and yet Arsenal fans complain about finishing in the top four every season and picking up the odd bit of silverware as if it's a massive failure.

Funny how fans of different teams measure success. If saints has achieved half as much as Arsenal has under Wenger I'd be well chuffed and yet Arsenal fans complain about finishing in the top four every season and picking up the odd bit of silverware as if it's a massive failure.

Yeah but it is the hope and nearly doing it that hurts them so much. Loads support Wenger though.

Look at all the mugs on here who can't handle any sort of dip in form without concluding board and management are clueless. They're everywhere.

Reminds me of leaving Cardiff in 2003 after loseing in the Cup Final. In one of the Saints coaches somebody had put up a sign: 'Cheer up Arsenal, you won'.