Redmond

Saints foreva

He is no more rubbish than Boufal is.

He also didn't deserve the stick he got. As he said, he is a confidence player.

When the whole team isnt playing well, the flair players are easy targets.

He would be in my starting XI.

Well it's a matter of opinion, obviously. I feel the frustrating thing is that there is a good player in there, but we haven't seen it yet. Perhaps he's susceptible to coaching, and MP really destroyed his attacking intent. I can almost see that dripping out of him when, in a good position, he chooses instead to stop and go backwards. If he used his pace and control he could be a real handful. But he doesn't. And his distribution is almost as poor as his finishing. He basically needs a good coach, and a manager who believes in him. Then he could be a Sterling-type player. Perhaps that is what Pep was saying in his ear that time.

The most worrying thing about that whole interview is his intimation that he will still be playing on the left which is clearly without any doubt at all never going to work.....

If there is one thing Hughesy has to learn quickly it’s that Tadic can’t play on the right any more than Redmond can play on the left.....

One of our biggest issues .....

Well it's a matter of opinion, obviously. I feel the frustrating thing is that there is a good player in there, but we haven't seen it yet. .

Nor did the Norwich fans see it consistently in his time there!

Struggled to make the starting 11 for a poor Norwich side (despite flashes of early promise).

I'm afraid I saw this frustration coming when we signed him.

Will be delighted to be proved wrong for the rest of the season!

What? Redmond is utter garbage, one of the most over-rated players I've seen pull on the Saints shirt.

Boufal is inconsistent and frustrating at times but he's twice the player Redmond will ever be.

For me both players have a lot to learn and it depends how much they learn as to which will be the best. Boufal is more skillful, Redmond more direct.

Nor did the Norwich fans see it consistently in his time there!

Struggled to make the starting 11 for a poor Norwich side (despite flashes of early promise).

I'm afraid I saw this frustration coming when we signed him.

Will be delighted to be proved wrong for the rest of the season!

Struggling in a defensive minded team sitting deep and struggling going forwards...

Sounds rather familiar doesn't it?