Saints 0 Arsenal 5 Post match hilarity

Ohio Saint

but surely we had played weakened sides earlier in the competition, the club reduced the price to a low price, it was obvious to me that our powder was going to be kept dry for more important games. Had we lost to Liverpool I'm sure the team would have looked different. Surely you can see the managers priority especially with the amount of injuries at present

Yes, I sat through the home game against Norwich which was an ordeal very similar to Saturday. I was pleased that we (eventually) won that game but what on earth was the point? We might as well have let Norwich have a bye because I'm sure they would have taken the tie more seriously.

It's not for the manager to pick and choose which games we're trying to win. Whatever the price charged this game should have been taken seriously by the players that took part. This result will have done a lot of damage to the team spirit. Shane Long was quite p!ssed off at all the goals we were leaking. and only went through the motions after the third goal. Winning becomes a habit in itself and top players want to play every game they can. They'd also like to have a shot at the FA Cup sometime in their careers. Citing injuries is just a cop out. This was a home game and we could certainly have put out a stronger team. Until kickoff everybody else in the country took this tie seriously except the manager. The Times Daniel Finkenstein on Saturday morning had his predicition evenly matched with each team given a roughly 35% chance of a win.

If we have any pretensions of being an upper Premier League club then we should have the resources to be able to give our best in all circumstances.

By your logic it will depend on the line-ups of those visiting teams, no?
my logic is that if you are in a cup final already, you try and protect your players if possible. Especially as we had just lost our best defender to injury and we ar not completely sure of JRod and Yoshidas condition. I would also look at previous games and how the pricing policy was in the particular competition. It seems to me that the club have not tried that hard in the FA cup for some seasons, perhaps th priority is elsewhere.

I can imagine the fans reaction, had we played a full strength team, got a couple of injuries and perhaps lost. I suggest the players had been emotionally drained from the game a few days earlier, I'm sure a lot of fans were as well

Can't see it discussed on here..sorry if it has been...

But what was with the note? Not sure why Puel would copy Klopp and start giving notes to be taken on the pitch?

Like Klopp's it didnt work, and Martina, obviously trying to recover the situation, decided to use it as a shin pad?

Is it because the St Mary's is so noisy that managers can't get there views across to the teams?

Can't see it discussed on here..sorry if it has been...

But what was with the note? Not sure why Puel would copy Klopp and start giving notes to be taken on the pitch?

Like Klopp's it didnt work, and Martina, obviously trying to recover the situation, decided to use it as a shin pad?

Is it because the St Mary's is so noisy that managers can't get there views across to the teams?

St Mary's noisy? Not a chance. I could hear the players and referee from the central Kingsland. I don't know what the note was about either. The players who were shown it seemed puzzled too.