General election? June 8th?

trousers

you are the one taking it away and refusing to answer if you would be as dismissive had a leading Tory/Prime Minister had said it.

guess you cant be seen to be hypocritical.....which is fair enough

guess you will be voting for a party that is lead by a chap who looks like he believes that being Gay is a sin. Just because you do not like the Daily Mail/BREXIT/Tory's

each to their own

Each to their own, indeed.

And for the record, I would view something similar being said by a Tory in the same way.

And yes, I do not like the divisive policies of the Tory party, loathe the disgusting Mail rag that laughingly calls itself a newspaper, and I was deeply saddened by BREXIT.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Or that a vote for Brexit would mean an immediate punishment budget.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not disagreeing that there were lies on both sides. It was sad that there was never any real debate, just soundbites and meaningless slogans.

For example, that coming out of the EU would benefit the NHS to the tune of £300m a week.

A claim quickly withdrawn after the referendum.

No-one ever stated £300m was to be spent on nhs.

I don't know a single person on either side that hadn't already made up their own mind on the EU prior to either campaign.

You just sound like a bitter, upset remainer, angry that the world isn't exactly how you want it.

I don't know a single person on either side that hadn't already made up their own mind on the EU prior to either campaign.

You just sound like a bitter, upset remainer, angry that the world isn't exactly how you want it.

It seems there is a lot of misunderstanding of what the word "could" means in this country. A lot of people think it's a synonym of "will". It obviously isn't.

I blame the education system.

It seems there is a lot of misunderstanding of what the word "could" means in this country. A lot of people think it's a synonym of "will". It obviously isn't.

I blame the education system.

You're right to, it is an absolute shambles under the current regime. Actually, it's a shame this election is going to be dominated by BREXIT, I'm fed up of hearing about it to be honest.

We are facing far bigger issues in education and health in this country.

Not particularly bitter. Just saddened at the depths to which political campaigning has now sunk.

You're right to, it is an absolute shambles under the current regime. Actually, it's a shame this election is going to be dominated by BREXIT, I'm fed up of hearing about it to be honest.

I'll agree with that, and hopefully wider issues will be considered. But if the Tories want it to be all about BREXIT, the right wing press will ensure that it is.

Well the education system will be sorted once we get rid of the local education authorities and start paying teachers by ability and not by banding.

And once we start teaching subjects and stop teaching children how to pass expected questions in exams.

I don't trust anybody but the conservatives to deliver that.

I dont want a GE but it seems important that our PM should be able to deliver the negotiated deal when it is put in front of Parliament. How pathetic it would be if we go for 2 years negotiating and then for different political aims it gets voted down and we have to go back.

Also the BBC political correspondent is so left biased, not a neutral as far as im concerned.Add to that Sturgeon saying that May is putting the Tories position before the whole of the UK, what a hypocrite

Well the education system will be sorted once we get rid of the local education authorities and start paying teachers by ability and not by banding.

And once we start teaching subjects and stop teaching children how to pass expected questions in exams.

Well the first one is already happening, banded pay scales were replaced by performance related pay about 3 years ago...

LEA's are also pretty much obsolete now with pretty much every school being an academy.....

And it's still a mess. Too many children and not enough money is the only problem, yet it's an absolutely massive one.

Surely offering Grammer schools for all is starting on education? As for the NHS that is an animal that cant be controlled.

So tell us, how many of The Daily Mail readers were planning on not voting Tory in the GE?

What are the BBC News viewing figures like compared to Daily Mail circulation?

the Guardian are on the other foot...but they are a fair and balanced piece of business

Well a poll done yesterday by ICM listed 67% of people would be treating this as a general election and 17% as a second EU referendum.

One this for sure. No one knows what Labours policy on Brexit is.

But have labour come to a consensus on Trident, could they guarantee 2% GDP spending on defence? What's the policy on nuclear power. What's Labours foreign policy position on Israel / Palestine or Putin / Syria.? Etc

So tell us, how many of The Daily Mail readers were planning on not voting Tory in the GE?

Remind me the last time the BBC News said anything vaguely as political.

Take your time :lol:

#notsureifserious :mcinnes:

You 'do' realise that in a Grammar school system around 75% of kids go to a Secondary Modern school?

What decade are you in? It will be a comprehensive, or an academy, or a free school, or one of the proposed technical schools. It won't be a binary choice as it was a long time ago

But the Tories have consistently forced more and more testing on schools, not to improve students' learning but to create data on which to judge schools.

So schools cannot afford not to teach to the tests. The Tories are actively narrowing the curriculum.

Millions are being g wasted on unneeded Free School whilst there is chronic underfunding elsewhere. The Tories are an absolute disaster for education.

But the Tories have consistently forced more and more testing on schools, not to improve students' learning but to create data on which to judge schools.

So schools cannot afford not to teach to the tests. The Tories are actively narrowing the curriculum.

Millions are being g wasted on unneeded Free School whilst there is chronic underfunding elsewhere. The Tories are an absolute disaster for education.

don't tell us, they also want to privatise the NHS?

Yet my the junior school had consistently commented how my year 3s childs class is roughly a year ahead of where my year 5s since class was two years ago., due to the change in education.

Apologies for catching you out pal. I'll leave you to get upset about the Daily Fail.

Perhaps you need a bit longer - whenever you're ready :lol:

Fwiw you completely missed the point of the original post - try reading the discussion instead of making a fool of yourself.

Edited by shurlock

Yet my the junior school had consistently commented how my year 3s childs class is roughly a year ahead of where my year 5s since class was two years ago., due to the change in education.

If you taught quantum physics to a reception class, they'd be ahead of most university students. Doesn't mean anything though.

Surely offering Grammer schools for all is starting on education? As for the NHS that is an animal that cant be controlled.

Whatever we do with education, anything that teaches the spelling of Grammar would be good.

There's nothing wrong with reading the daily mail as long as people take in the equally bias Guardian and indie at the same time to end up with a neutral view.

And who said there was? It was originally pointed out that parts of the press would ensure the GE was all about Brexit rather than education and the types of issue that GEs are usually about. The headlines would seem to confirm that. Nothing more.

If you taught quantum physics to a reception class, they'd be ahead of most university students. Doesn't mean anything though.

So when you're told the education level of a whole class is raised you would rather pooh pooh that.

Hmmmmm

Well the first one is already happening, banded pay scales were replaced by performance related pay about 3 years ago...

LEA's are also pretty much obsolete now with pretty much every school being an academy.....

And it's still a mess. Too many children and not enough money is the only problem, yet it's an absolutely massive one.

Aren't you a teacher? Yet clueless as to how many academies are out there.

What decade are you in? It will be a comprehensive, or an academy, or a free school, or one of the proposed technical schools. It won't be a binary choice as it was a long time ago

Lol. Very informed indeed.

It is still a binary choice in that the system is selective - you're either 'good' enough for a grammar school or you're not. The rest is akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

Problem is the education department constant need for change and reinvention. Bucket loads of jobs depend on it and money p1ssed away creating change whilst also draining morale of teaching staff. Don't worry the next big thing that will sort out the kids is just round the corner.

It is still a binary choice in that the system is selective - you're either 'good' enough for a grammar school or you're not. The rest is akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

So, similar to how you're good enough to get into a top set at a comp? Or good enough for a school to place you into an exam to get a top level of grades rather than a maximum of a C?

Aren't you a teacher? Yet clueless as to how many academies are out there.

As of March 2017, over 6000 schools have become an academy or free school, including 69% of all Secondary Schools. Perhaps not 'pretty much all', but a significant majority.

I'm glad your few years going to school have made you an expert though.

So, similar to how you're good enough to get into a top set at a comp? Or good enough for a school to place you into an exam to get a top level of grades rather than a maximum of a C?

These are old arguments.

The difference is that whereas the separation in a grammar school system is virtually set in stone at age 11, streaming in a comp etc is more fluid. In principle, streaming can respond flexibly to year-to-year changes in educational performance and development. Likewise even with streaming, pupils of varying abilities have more opportunities to interact in a nongrammar school system than they would do in a grammar school system.

Edited by shurlock

As of March 2017, over 6000 schools have become an academy or free school, including 69% of all Secondary Schools. Perhaps not 'pretty much all', but a significant majority.

And becoming an Academy doesn't necessarily make a school better. Most good Academies were good Local Authority schools before (they had to be to be allowed to become self-governing) but they do benefit from additional funding. That helps, as it would help all schools.

And of course, the Academy chains and Free Schools exist as a capitalist tool to allow individuals to make a profit.

Perhaps you need a bit longer - whenever you're ready :lol:

Fwiw you completely missed the point of the original post - try reading the discussion instead of making a fool of yourself.

You're getting upset that the Daily Mail are manipulating tories to vote tory :lol:

You're getting upset that the Daily Mail are manipulating tories to vote tory :lol:

Nope - the original post was whether parts of the press would be focussing only on Brexit or on wider issues.

Nothing to do with press manipulation or Tory voters voting Tory, except the bits made up in your head, little fella :lol:

Edited by shurlock

I don't profess to be an expert just informed enough not to make an ridiculous comment about Local Authorities being obsolete regarding education as every school is an academy. And I don't work in education.

You're getting upset that the Daily Mail are manipulating tories to vote tory [emoji38]

It's naive to think that only committed Tories see the Fail. Right-thinking intelligent people can see through their blatent lies, manipulation and gibberish but unfortunately there's a great swathe of undecided population who simply accept what they see printed without questioning it.

Problem is the education department constant need for change and reinvention. Bucket loads of jobs depend on it and money p1ssed away creating change whilst also draining morale of teaching staff. Don't worry the next big thing that will sort out the kids is just round the corner.

Very true. And the next big thing will probably something that was last in vogue 40 years ago.