Forster - new 5 year deal...

mcbendy

On the Brentford highlights, their first goal came from a winger getting to the byline and then toe-poking it across the six yard box, not two yards from the baseline. Somehow Forster could not intercept this or realise that the bloke wouldn't shoot from there anyway. Bad positioning.

On the second goal, he jumped to catch the ball above his head and then pretended that their striker obstructed him as he clean missed it and he went in.

I really think he is a bang average keeper at best and will once again be the cause of quite a few points lost, not least because the defence doesn't have confidence in him either.

On the Brentford highlights, their first goal came from a winger getting to the byline and then toe-poking it across the six yard box, not two yards from the baseline. Somehow Forster could not intercept this or realise that the bloke wouldn't shoot from there anyway. Bad positioning.

On the second goal, he jumped to catch the ball above his head and then pretended that their striker obstructed him as he clean missed it and he went in.

I really think he is a bang average keeper at best and will once again be the cause of quite a few points lost, not least because the defence doesn't have confidence in him either.

People will say this is reactionary but it's true Forster is nowhere near the keeper he was & is making more & more clangers, can't believe we aren't looking at alternatives

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

People will say this is reactionary but it's true Forster is nowhere near the keeper he was & is making more & more clangers, can't believe we aren't looking at alternatives

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last season he was diabolical. Eight foot tall and can't command his area. Stuck on the goaline unable to move apparently.

We signed the alternative over a year ago, it's Alex McCarthy, who spent much of last season injured.

VERY harsh to blame the first on Forster - Bednarek got run to the byeline and Yoshida failed to cut out the quick low ball at the near post, and also left it at the last minute, which wouldn't have given Forster any time to react. Had he gone to the near post to cut out where the cross actually went he'd have left the entire goal open for any cut back towards the centre of the box, he had to retain his position to cover off all the alternatives and rely on his CB to cut out the near post.

The second one, just awful.

Forster gets preferencial treatment because he's English. If he was foreign he'd be out already instead of getting a contract extension. Has no competition, guaranteed starting spot, super long contract so no need to improve. Club F'd up.

We'll see...

We signed the alternative over a year ago, it's Alex McCarthy, who spent much of last season injured.

Is he any good The9? Would you be comfortable with him displacing Forster and playing the entire season as our first choice? Reserve keep has been a blind spot since we allowed Boruc to leave.

...and appears to be injured again this season already.

It looks like now we are relying on Gazzaniga as backup (not that I think that is such a bad thing, he is certainly as competent as Forster and arguably as a fit McCarthy) because our other keeper (Taylor) is a non-playing keeper, and has been for almost the entirety of his career. I really don't understand why the club continues to be so blind to the goalkeeping position.

...and appears to be injured again this season already.

It looks like now we are relying on Gazzaniga as backup (not that I think that is such a bad thing, he is certainly as competent as Forster and arguably as a fit McCarthy) because our other keeper (Taylor) is a non-playing keeper, and has been for almost the entirety of his career. I really don't understand why the club continues to be so blind to the goalkeeping position.

Sorry, I don't understand what he DOES do. He has played only 95 games since 1999. Is he really only for training purposes? Do other clubs feature a non-playing keeper? Odd.