Austin or Gabbi?

JoeShmoe

I don't think they can play together, especially given our lack of mobility in central midfield.

All Gabbi's goals are as a no 9, playing off the shoulder of the defence so I don't agree with suggestions to play him deeper or out wide - it removes his main strength: movement.

Both will have a key role but its Gabbi as a starter as he is the better player and has better movement than Austin.

I don't think they can play together, especially given our lack of mobility in central midfield.

All Gabbi's goals are as a no 9, playing off the shoulder of the defence so I don't agree with suggestions to play him deeper or out wide - it removes his main strength: movement.

Both will have a key role but its Gabbi as a starter as he is the better player and has better movement than Austin.

This - no brainer IMO.

Play both, I believe they could complement each other and of course they know how to score. Could be a potent combination.
No. Tried in the first half against St Etienne and it simply doesn't work. Yes, they know how to score, but need service. They won't create for each other.

Gabbiadini is streets ahead as a single striker. Mobile, anticipates well, pulls defenders away.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I like them both and am not sure what to do. I'd like to find a way to get them both on the pitch. Having said that I am always amazed that some here automatically dismiss Austin. He was our leading scorer last year while only playing 2/5 of the season, and is our leading scorer again this preseason. People clamor for a striker who can finish and put the ball in the net, and here we have one yet I guess some don't like how he does it? The guy scored 18 goals a few seasons a god in the PL, to claim he can'ts score or isn't a finisher just isn't accurate.

I like them both and am not sure what to do. I'd like to find a way to get them both on the pitch. Having said that I am always amazed that some here automatically dismiss Austin. He was our leading scorer last year while only playing 2/5 of the season, and is our leading scorer again this preseason. People clamor for a striker who can finish and put the ball in the net, and here we have one yet I guess some don't like how he does it? The guy scored 18 goals a few seasons a god in the PL, to claim he can'ts score or isn't a finisher just isn't accurate.

Are you related to Charlie or his bit on the side? You seem ultra-defensive whenever anyone is slightly critical of him.

Whilst Austin has his qualities, Gabbi is by far the more rounded of the two. I'm not sure Austin have ever demonstrated (to my liking, anyway) that he's suitable to a single striker role. More than happy to be corrected, but I remember his decent season at QPR being distinctly Bobby Zamora influenced.

Are you related to Charlie or his bit on the side? You seem ultra-defensive whenever anyone is slightly critical of him.

I'm not related to anyone, and I'm not sure what you mean. I may in fact pick Gabbi if pushed with Austin coming in around 60 minutes. I guess it depends on the formation we play. Maybe I just find it weird that while people yell for scorers they still get on Austin. For reference I also defend Forster, who I also think is unfairly criticized.