Koeman

Toomer

Exactly how I felt on leaving Stoke on Saturday. Call me what you like but I'm getting to the point where spending £2K a year being bored every week isn't a viable option. I want to be entertained and frankly I had a better feel good factor every weekend when we were in league one and The Championship.
Said this to a mate today. Rickie retiring and seeing his goals again brought back how great football was. I think only a handful of games have been as entertaining as the league one and championship games, certainly the last two years.

Oh for sure, but above all fans bond with players who score and win. The promotion years were spectacular but can't be replicated in the Premier League, and it's unrealistic to expect we do it. As always, fans just want effort, entertainment and above all victory.

As many exciting away performances as any season with Poch or Koeman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won every away game scoring 3+ goals under Poch. Nobody ever coped with our high pressing game it was amazing.

And not a grumble on the forum. Ahh happy days.

Let's be honest if you don't solve your obvious weakpoints it is going to be a struggle to perform as expected. We didn't improve our glaring lack of quality in attack, Everton didn't improve the glaring hole that Lukaku left, Liverpool did improve their obvious lack of quality in defence and Wenger/Arsenal have not been buying players for positions they need for years. (though they finally might have done that).

Seems to obvious to me, plus all those clubs will have excuses but let's be honest Everton spent nearly £50 million on Sigurdsson and a lot of time, when chasing a striker would have been a better use of the money and time (they already had Klaassen and Rooney for that spot), Liverpool didn't buy Van Dijk, but knew that was unlikely very early, plus their GKs are both dodgy as hell and they knew that from last season. We knew we weren't scoring goals as we didn't last season, seems like it was the opinion that it was the manager that caused it but it is more clearly the players just aren't good enough.

Yes, aka "notable exceptions".

Of which you said there was a few, implying not many. I bet you wouldn’t say away performances under Ron or Poch away were poor ,”except for a few notable exceptions “. Boscombe,Watford,West Ham,WBA,Liverpool twice, Man C , Boro, Arsenal twice (although robbed by Madely in the league game), the cup final, Sunderland , were all excellent away performances. That maybe a few if you’re Manchester Utd, but it was one of the most consistent top flight away season in many a year. There were also more than a few home games that weren’t utterly ****ing tedious, there just wasn’t the barnstormers of the previous 3 seasons.

You wrote “ utterly ****ing tedious “ since the start of last season. This is complete and utter pony & rewriting history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

As we came up the leagues though we were the big fish. Certainly in league one and still pretty big in the championship. We played a lot of small teams and rightly thumped them.

The players were all loving it. They were getting success, winning promotions, getting bonus's and scoring loads of goals. Of course none of them wanted to leave. The crowd loved them for it too. Then we got to the premier league. We win less games, score less goals, and the "better" players suddenly see they have the chance to move to greener grass.

So player turnover goes up and we identify less with the players we have as they are either brand new or we know they are only here for a short time.

Then again I get less bothered as I get older and more cynical. Football is now a very cynical game. The players manage their profiles and careers above and beyond any club they play for. They also see each club as just a job and will move elsewhere for more money despite earning unimaginable amounts anyway.

Maybe Id do that if I were them. Im not though. Im a fan and so I no longer invest so much emotion in the team or players as you know you're basically a mug and it's all one way.

Of which you said there was a few, implying not many. I bet you wouldn’t say away performances under Ron or Poch away were poor ,”except for a few notable exceptions “. Boscombe,Watford,West Ham,WBA,Liverpool twice, Man C , Boro, Arsenal twice (although robbed by Madely in the league game), the cup final, Sunderland , were all excellent away performances. That maybe a few if you’re Manchester Utd, but it was one of the most consistent top flight away season in many a year. There were also more than a few home games that weren’t utterly ****ing tedious, there just wasn’t the barnstormers of the previous 3 seasons.

You wrote “ utterly ****ing tedious “ since the start of last season. This is complete and utter pony & rewriting history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can argue about semantics and how many matches equals "a few" but the fact that in general we have played ****ing boring football since the start of last season is not "pony". Anyone suggesting there has not been a clear and significant drop in entertainment levels since the start of last season in comparison with the previous four seasons would, by contrast, be talking sh!t.

He exclusively talks ****. We have been boring since Puel's first day. We've basically had Tadic off form, Long awful and Redmond frustrating since then, rarely seen Boufal, had Austin struggling to run and Rodriguez looking miserable.

Literally the only bright spots for me in terms of attacking excitement were Gabbiadini's start and Sims cameos.

Yeah but I said we've been utterly ****ing tedious bar a few notable exceptions and that isn't true because we played well in like about 10 matches which is more than a few and anyway we haven't been boring.