Saints 1 Arsenal 1 - Post Match

St Chalet

MOTD deigned not to show the incident where Austin was clean through on goal when the linesman flagged him offside, despite the ball having been deflected into his path by an Arsenal player.

Even the Saints Highlights of the game didn't show it !! (imo that is poor Saints)

I was directly behind the goal and Boufal was NOT passing the ball, he attempted to dribble the ball towards the RIGHT of Arsenal player and the left back deflected the ball in the other direction straight to CA on the left.

It was NOT a pass, and I would also have liked to see it again, but I didn't expect anything other than a decision to arse from Madley (94th min soft pen last season up there when a player is lying with a head injury directly in front of Forster- he should have stopped play then instead he gave a soft pen as soon as the ball was kicked into our box).

There were times yesterday when Arsenal were in possession and they passed it around superbly. Very slick, neat and a joy to watch. Then Saints had the ball and guess what? We passed the ball around superbly and we were every bit as slick and neat as they were.

But for all the pretty football from Arsenal, the passing and moving, the tiki-taka style, they just went sideways across our penalty area and didn't threaten too much. Whereas Saints made several openings, made the Arsenal defence look all over the place, had the best scoring opportunities and should have won. Happy with the point, a bit miffed it wasn't all three ... but very pleased we now look entertaining. Something we have been missing for the last eight or nine months.

Yep agree with all that and really enjoyed the game, bit of a bitter pill to not win being in front till very late but if we had been offered a point before ko we would have took it.

got to love it on here.. typical poster..

Romeu and PEH were awesome... why didn't Lemina start?!!

Austin has to start every game. Why isn't Gabbi playing more?!

I would like to see this mythical 11 player formation that accommodates everyone!

I agree with you, but here is your answer:

--------Gabbi-------Austin

--------------Boufal

---------PEH---------Lamina

Bertrand----Romeu----------Cedric

----Hoedt----VvD-----Yoshida

--------------FF

I can't count. That was 12. lol
it's alright, but it did get me thinking..

----------Austin--Gabbi-----------

--------------Boufal---------------

---------PEH-------Lemina-------

-------------Romeu---------------

Bertranrd--Hoedt--VVD--Soares

------------Forster---------------

we could go back to the 2-4-4 diamond formation that Puel abandoned early last season.

Knew Giroud would score as soon as he came on. He's a great footballer and a beast.

Tadic was poor second half, seemed absolutely spent, or just not interested...couldn't tell. He would have been my first sub.

I love Giroud (though not last weekend) - he is like an exotic Charlie Austin, with better hair.