Saints v Birmingham - match thread

stevegrant

Sounds like we did well in the first half, but I wonder if we were playing at full-tilt and only have one style of play, and maybe Brum have sussed us out over the break.

Real test of JPs ability here - can he mix it ?

Careful alps... people will accuse you of negativity. ;)

Perhaps it should be expected that a team with the quality of Birmingham were bound to come back into the game after a half time rocket from their manager... When the going gets tough etc, etc... It's a good test.

Brum winning every ball now, saints seem totally out of it.

C'mon you reds, i have FAITH! :D

Eh? 'Totally out of it'?! Not what I'm hearing. Yes, Brum are back into the game more, but we've had some good possession this half too.

So we're back to 32% football and hoofing it up the pitch ?

No, definately not.

Come on people, did you expect us to not have some pressure to contend with at some point? It's a good job the team don't have the same mentality or they'd just give up now and go home.

Eh? 'Totally out of it'?! Not what I'm hearing. Yes, Brum are back into the game more, but we've had some good possession this half too.

I can only assume your listening to Radio Hampshire. I take it back slightly, we're not totally out of it. Certainly need to sort themselves out a bit though

No, definately not.

Come on people, did you expect us to not have some pressure to contend with at some point? It's a good job the team don't have the same mentality or they'd just give up now and go home.

Fair comment, how they have reacted / will react to conceeding is a real benchmark.

Hold on to the draw or sneak a win, we know we are on to a winner.

Conceed 3 more, some serious questions need to be asked in the boardroom about the club strategy and direction.

Fair comment, how they have reacted / will react to conceeding is a real benchmark.

Hold on to the draw or sneak a win, we know we are on to a winner.

Conceed 3 more, some serious questions need to be asked in the boardroom about the club strategy and direction.

Not with only 2 league games gone!

I don't think so... i don't want to pre-empt anything but we've been playing pretty well and we always knew it would be difficult with such wholesale changes. You can't judge anything re: club strategy and direction after two games of a season.