Where are the Points to stay up coming from

John B

The WBA win has improved our away points ratio, which improves how the run in looks for possible points when we have 2 more games away than at home.

With just 5 home games, 3 of which are to top 6 sides, we have to beat Stoke and Bournemouth to get us to 37 points. 37 points was the safety level in 8 out of the past 10 years.

They're only 4 points better off than us. Too tight for anyone to be safe.
6 pts and a better GD than the drop though which is a lot at this stage.

Watford won't be getting relegated from here.

They also have a few decent players.

• 1 month later...

Still looks an even bigger task lets hope we have some luck

Swansea City v Southampton

West Ham United v Southampton

Arsenal v Southampton

Southampton v Chelsea

Leicester City v Southampton

Southampton v AFC Bournemouth

Everton v Southampton

Southampton v Manchester City

So where are the points coming from

If i'm honest i don't think a change in manager now will make any difference. It has been left too late to suddenly expect the new man to get this misfiring bunch to suddenly discover how to score one end and stop conceding soft goals the other end.

This is too little too late i'm afraid.

However i will cling onto the tiny grain of hope that we can suddenly be something we haven't been able to be ALL season....a decent side capable of winning games!

If i'm honest i don't think a change in manager now will make any difference. It has been left too late to suddenly expect the new man to get this misfiring bunch to suddenly discover how to score one end and stop conceding soft goals the other end.

This is too little too late i'm afraid.

However i will cling onto the tiny grain of hope that we can suddenly be something we haven't been able to be ALL season....a decent side capable of winning games!

We're not in the relegation zone so there is still time to keep out of it for the rest of the season, so far there are still 3 teams worse than us over the course of the season, let's try and keep it that way.

• 1 month later...
So I am slightly basing this on us hitting a bit of confidence, and a little bit of 'these are the team we should be beating based on the last few years'

Southampton v Liverpool LOSS

Burnley v Southampton WIN

Southampton v Stoke City WIN

Newcastle United v Southampton WIN

Swansea City v Southampton WIN

West Ham United v Southampton WIN

Arsenal v Southampton LOSS

Southampton v Chelsea LOSS

Leicester City v Southampton DRAW

Southampton v AFC Bournemouth DRAW

Everton v Southampton DRAW

Southampton v Manchester City LOSS

18 points, with a very important three games after the Liverpool one. I can actually see a point coming from Chelsea at home but we will see!

Lets get behind the team and make sure we can reset for a better premier league season in the summer!

Like most on here not very good at predicting results.

Many think it is easy buying in players and getting them to perform consistently like predicting results it is not easy.

However I think we should have signed a couple of experience players to help the youngsters and close down games