Glenn Hoddle admits the selection of Paul Scholes was why Matthew Le Tissier wasn’t called up for England’s World Cup 98 squad

Maggie May

20 minutes ago, egg said:

I vote pony. I mean no disrespect, but the way you post, it's clear to me that your knowledge of the game is very superficial. 

Yep I’m calling BS too. There is no way a he’s been paid to scout. It’s one thing to rate a players pace out of 20 for a silly game, quite another to scout their suitability for an elite level sports team 

1 hour ago, egg said:

I mean no disrespect, but the way you post, it's clear to me that your knowledge of the game is very superficial. 

Bizarre how some people think saying 'no disrespect' allows them to then say something disrespectful straight afterwards! 🙄

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Turkish said:

a silly game, quite another to scout their suitability for an elite level sports team 

Why is it a 'silly game'? Are you not aware data from the game is used and paid for by many clubs, including Premier League clubs? Bizarre you remain so dismissive of it.

Edited by Matthew Le God

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why is it a 'silly game'? Are you not aware data from the game is used and paid for by many clubs, including Premier League clubs? Bizarre you remain so dismissive of it.

I’ve played it a number of years ago.  I took Harrogate town from the bottom of the conference north to premier league champions, champions league winners and world club cup winners. That’s why it’s a silly game. 

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’ve played it a number of years ago.  I took Harrogate town from the bottom of the conference north to premier league champions, champions league winners and world club cup winners. That’s why it’s a silly game. 

I vote pony!

You also didn't answer the second question!

Are you not aware data from the game is used and paid for by many clubs, including Premier League clubs?

Edited by Matthew Le God

16 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Bizarre how some people think saying 'no disrespect' allows them to then say something disrespectful straight afterwards! 🙄

You're confusing honesty with disrespect. 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

You're confusing honesty with disrespect. 

Saying someone's 'knowledge of the game is superficial' by the way they post is disrespectful and condescending. Putting 'I'm not being disrespectful' in front of it doesn't remove the disrespect or condescending nature of what follows.

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Saying someone's 'knowledge of the game is superficial' by the way they post is disrespectful and condescending. Putting 'I'm not being disrespectful' in front of it doesn't remove the disrespect or condescending nature of what follows.

It's the honesty you don't like. You've boasted that you've been asked to scout football clubs. I've said that I find that hard to believe because your posts over the years suggest to me that you next to fuck all about football. If you feel the need to boast, don't bleat when you get some honest opinion back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Can you give an example?

Matthew, I really can't be arsed with another round of your doggedness. This started over us having a different opinion on whether JWP would offer more for England than Rice or Phillips. I said "we'll agree to differ" and on it goes, via a tangent or two. I judge players on what I see on the pitch. You judge them on what you see in a spreadsheet. I believe I understand the game. I believe you don't. I'm agreeing to differ. Have a good evening. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Souness on ITV now pointing out statistics are pony. 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

What would he know. I bet he's shit on football manager. 

He prefers to watch Ali Dia in training and then play him in a Premier League game.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, egg said:

Matthew, I really can't be arsed with another round of your doggedness.

So that's a no then. More of my opinions on Saints related things are publicly available than any other person in history, so you had a lot to choose from! 😇

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

I vote pony!

You also didn't answer the second question!

Are you not aware data from the game is used and paid for by many clubs, including Premier League clubs?

Not all questions are valid or relevant questions that require answers. Your questions falls under this category. Not for the first time! 

58 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

So that's a no then. More of my opinions on Saints related things are publicly available than any other person in history, so you had a lot to choose from! 😇

How is that worked out? Have you been counting the number of opinions made on Saints from every person in the world since the dawn of printed media?

Also, delldays, batman or whatever he's called now probably has about 30 million posts across countless forums so I reckon he might be beating you.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Cat said:

How is that worked out? Have you been counting the number of opinions made on Saints from every person in the world since the dawn of printed media?

Also, delldays, batman or whatever he's called now probably has about 30 million posts across countless forums so I reckon he might be beating you.

I've been the researcher on FM for 14+ years, that runs into hundreds of thousands of data points I've entered that are publicly accessible. I don't see how anyone else has more publicly available opinions on Saints than that.

Edited by Matthew Le God

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

No, because of my work for the 'silly little game' I've been approached by independent scouting companies and professional clubs to do work for them.

I find that quite hard to believe really, your reading of the game always comes across as very superficial, unless of course it is an analyst role, relaying statistical data

Stats have a huge impact in the game as it stands right now, but you still need people that understand what they are looking at, and unfortunately stats do not ever paint the whole picture, they need to be assessed alongside a visual assessment and taking into consideration tactical limitations etc

I don’t really expect you to respond, like you didn’t to my earlier points regarding JWP vs Phillips/Rice or the Lemina stats you posted the other day, feel free to try to pick posts apart from a pedantry perspective and stop digging yourself a hole regarding the depth of your superficial knowledge 

4 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

your reading of the game always comes across as very superficial

Can you provide an example of how it meets a description of superficial? Plus even if it was, being superficial on one forum for random Saints chat doesn't mean you are when in another role.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Can you provide an example of how it meets a description of superficial? Plus even if it was, being superficial on one forum for random Saints chat, doesn't mean you are when in another role.

I mean, this is a perfect example to be honest, you have ignored countless counter arguments regarding Southgates inclusion of KP/DR over JWP. Deciding instead to point towards statistics which again paint only half a picture

And the england selection team as well as a number of pundits seem to agree

• Like 1

Can you provide an example of how it meets a description of superficial? Plus even if it was, being superficial on one forum for random Saints chat doesn't mean you are when in another role.

So that’s 3 of us think you’re talking shit. 

I'm now doubting you understand what I mean by a 'fallacious position of argumentum ad populum'!

as you love stats so much here are a few for you

100% of your posts are tedious and nauseating 

100% of your football related posts prove you have a very superficial knowledge of the game 

100% of your posts prove you’re not the full shilling

so stick that in your spreadsheet sunshine 

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

So you're now saying that your  saintsweb persona (which you've told us it is) likes to give the impression of only superficial footy knowledge, but in the real world you're a footy genius. 

Fvck me. 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

So you're now saying that your  saintsweb persona (which you've told us it is) likes to give the impression of only superficial footy knowledge, but in the real world you're a footy genius. 

Fvck me. 

I didn't say that at all. You are now reading things I haven't said.

The phrase 'even if I was' is not a confession that you are currently doing something. It is providing an alternate scenario. 

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Fvck me. 

No he’s just as big a twat on Twitter 

I didn't say that at all. You are now reading things I haven't said.

You've told us elsewhere that on here you use a persona (grown adults don't do that by the way) . Flowing from that, explain what this means if I've misinterpreted your words

Plus even if it was, being superficial on one forum for random Saints chat doesn't mean you are when in another role

I'd put my shovel away if I were you mate. 

Edited by egg

Just now, Turkish said:

No he’s just as big a twat on Twitter 

Well as you seem to think the number of people who support something is an indicator, the number of followers I have on twitter, including sports journalists, professional footballers at Saints, members of Saints staff and Saints fans... show perhaps I'm not the big 'twat' you claim!

Well as you seem to think the number of people who support something is an indicator, the number of followers I have on twitter, including sports journalists, professional footballers at Saints, members of Saints staff and Saints fans... show perhaps I'm not the big 'twat' you claim!

No, you are.

1 minute ago, egg said:

You've told us elsewhere that on here you use a persona (grown adults don't do that by the way) . Flowing from that, explain what this means if I've misinterpreted your words

Plus even if it was, being superficial on one forum for random Saints chat doesn't mean you are when in another role

I'd put my shovel away if I were you mate. 

The phrase 'even if I was' is not a confession that you are currently doing something. It is providing an alternate scenario. It is you that is failing to comprehend this.