Le God

miserableoldgit

39 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but, IMHO, quite a good summary of MLT's career ( apart from David Wallace!)

Brilliant - thanks for sharing!

18 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Grealish always remind me of Le Tissier, too often flattering to deceive. Not quite fitting in with England. Never quite delivering enough to become an all time great.

They both get cheered by the England fans when the come on.

3 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Grealish always remind me of Le Tissier, too often flattering to deceive. Not quite fitting in with England. Never quite delivering enough to become an all time great.

I don't give a shit about not fitting in with England. He was, and will always be the best Saints player ever, in my eyes. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I don't give a shit about not fitting in with England. He was, and will always be the best Saints player ever, in my eyes. 

Yes indeed. He'll take some beating. One day hopefully we will have someone as good as him again, but sadly I doubt it. He was a "one-off".

• Like 1

Carlton Palmer was great at running & breaking up play he could pass & score (as all professional players can)

MLT was awesome with the ball & needed marking without it, he says himself if the ball was winnable he would chase it if not find space to receive it 
MLT gave so many workmanlike players premier league careers

Imagine him playing as 10 in Adkins, Poch or Koeman  teams

• Like 3

Watching the video you realise how lucky we were to have him. I can’t recall such a high profile player since who has ignored the advances of other bigger clubs and potentially bigger earnings because of a love for a club.

17 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

100 premier league goals in 270 matches and 63 assists in a struggling side. He was the first midfielder to score 100 goals in the Premier League . Record at scoring penalties, 47 times from 48 attempts, and is considered one of the greatest ever from the 12-yard spot. That is the bare statistics, and ignores the pure quality and genius of many of the goals and play. Perhaps Grealish will reach the club career heights that Matt did, but at the moment he is not even close.

Saw him playing for Ex Saints at Gillingham Town on Friday night

he played whole 90 mins, despite the heat and still has great touch and scored typical free kick, but had 2 pens saved

afterwards he stayed out and did Autographs for at least 30mins and made most present evenings

NB Ex Saints are playing at Lyndhurst on Friday night if anyone's interested in seeing the great man play 

Ex Lyndhurst Mgrs V Ex Saints Legends - Jackie White (jackie-white.co.uk)

2 hours ago, oldsarum said:

Saw him playing for Ex Saints at Gillingham Town on Friday night

he played whole 90 mins, despite the heat and still has great touch and scored typical free kick, but had 2 pens saved

afterwards he stayed out and did Autographs for at least 30mins and made most present evenings

NB Ex Saints are playing at Lyndhurst on Friday night if anyone's interested in seeing the great man play 

Ex Lyndhurst Mgrs V Ex Saints Legends - Jackie White (jackie-white.co.uk)

Thanks for that. As a matter of interest, who else was playing for Ex-Saints

54 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Thanks for that. As a matter of interest, who else was playing for Ex-Saints

On Friday had Steve Baker, Lee Barnard, Brian Howard, David Hughes, Wayne Shaw, Dave Puckett, Glenn Cockerill, Danny Butterfield among those playing