Should SFC follow Bolton’s example?

Professor

I’m proud to be a Saint’s fan and have been since boyhood. But one thing that grates is seeing the word ‘Bet’ on the player’s shirts. I’m not proud about that. 
If gambling only ruins a few lives, even that’s too many. 
Bolton Wanderers have cut all ties with the gambling industry. Instead, the club will support charities that help people with gambling addictions. I would feel very proud if that was my club. 
Don’t get me wrong. I’d still want Saints to score a sackful of goals if they were to play Bolton. But the Wanderers are setting an example our club ought to follow. Let’s have a name on the shirts that isn’t an embarrassment and doesn’t risk causing misery. 

Just now, OldNick said:

In a perfect world , but the club is reeling after Covid and has to cut its cloth.

I watched a game of saints on Big Match revisited (WBA away) we had a kit on with no ads at all and it was refreshing to see. 

The kids think a kit looks weird without a sponsor now. I would love us to have a sponsor free shirt, but we can't afford to.

The thing about gambling is that the business of SFC is all about extracting as much money from people as possible. Absolutely fine. What makes a mockery of it is that the spin is that we are a family friendly, community-minded organisation who care about things such as mental health etc. They couldn’t give a fcuk, that’s just marketing bollocks and any sponsorship by betting is the proof. Advice to the club’s directors: just don’t lie when you know it’s about cash and profit and making sure you can pay for kid’s school fees etc. Apartments in Ocean Village when you stay over because you can’t get back to London or wherever early enough. 

It goes from bad to worse. This is shocking from Saints. Sponsored by a PR company masquerading as an educational trust, trying to persuade fans to buy dodgy financial products 

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-09-24/southampton-fc-welcome-learncryptocom-as-official-partner

Don’t sell the club’s reputation to the highest bidder. It’s ours. Sort it out. 

26 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

It goes from bad to worse. This is shocking from Saints. Sponsored by a PR company masquerading as an educational trust, trying to persuade fans to buy dodgy financial products 

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-09-24/southampton-fc-welcome-learncryptocom-as-official-partner

On the same day China banned bitcoin for being too dodgy no less.

5 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

The kids think a kit looks weird without a sponsor now. I would love us to have a sponsor free shirt, but we can't afford to.

Stoke City, with the full agreement of their sponsor Bet365, have shirts available in their club shop with and without the sponsors logo. The plain one is by far the bigger seller. 

1 hour ago, LaptopSaint said:

Absolutely ridiculous. When clubs are starting to talk about carbon neutral games (gimmick or not, at least it's being pushed and talked about), the club sign up with a platform enabling a hugely negative environmental impact; https://www.ft.com/content/1aecb2db-8f61-427c-a413-3b929291c8ac

"Sarah Batters, Director of Marketing and Partnerships, said: “We are proud to be partnering with learncrypto.com, a non-profit crypto education platform that is providing opportunities to learn about blockchain and crypto, during a time when the sector is growing exponentially"

Growing exponentially and contributing MASSIVELY to climate change. Bravo.