Jump to content

The Most Boring Thing You Will Ever Read (split)


Matthew Le God
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Shane Long left the club 3 weeks ago.

He left the club on 1 July, which by my calculations is only 20 days ago, so your statement of 3 weeks is incorrect. Had you have said 2 weeks and 6 days ago you'd have been correct. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

He left the club on 1 July, which by my calculations is only 20 days ago, so your statement of 3 weeks is incorrect. Had you have said 2 weeks and 6 days ago you'd have been correct. 

Player contracts in England end on 30th June each year. Not 1st July.

Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Player contracts in England end on 30th June each year. Not 1st July.

The contracts expire at midnight on 30th June. Therefore a player cannot leave the club before that time, they can only leave once the contract is expired. Which would be on 1st July.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

The contracts expire at midnight on 30th June. Therefore a player cannot leave the club before that time, they can only leave once the contract is expired. Which would be on 1st July.

The contracts make no mention of time, simply the date.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

So a player is contracted up to and including 30th June. It’s pretty obvious when it expires, at the end of that day.

If it was an office job with a contract until 30th June and you finished work at 5pm on 30th June would you get paid anything else for the time from 5pm to midnight? No

Footballers aren't even doing any work on 30th June. It is their holiday time!

This is all very silly! 😁😇

Edited by Matthew Le God
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

If it was an office job with a contract until 30th June and you finished work at 5pm. Would you get paid anything else for the time from 5pm to midnight? No

Footballers aren't even doing any work on 30th June. It is their holiday time!

This is all very silly! 😁😇

If you could work out how many days were in a week it wouldn't need to get silly. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

If it was an office job with a contract until 30th June and you finished work at 5pm. Would you get paid anything else for the time from 5pm to midnight? No

Footballers aren't even doing any work on 30th June. It is their holiday time!

This is all very silly! 😁😇

It’s not an office job. And your analogy makes no sense, it depends entirely on what the conditions of work are.  You also previously said that contracts only include dates, not times. So it’s an irrelevant comparison.

I agree, you are being very silly 👍

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, northam soul said:

How many nineteen year old strikers are playing regularly in any top league sides ?

As long as he is not our only signing up top then it’s a yes from me.

 

They aren't a top league side. they finished bottom of Ligue 1! How excited would you be if we'd signed Norwichs back up striker?

Edited by Turkish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

The phrase 'top league side' can mean a team that plays in a top league. Which is what they were.

it can also mean a team which are on of the top sides in the league they play in. Which is what they were not. They were in fact the worst team in the league they played in.

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Turkish said:

it can also mean a team which are on of the top sides in the league they play in. Which is what they were not. They were in fact the worst team in the league they played in.

So we are in agreement... it can mean what I said. So where is your issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})