Saints 1-1 (p6-5) Sheffield Wednesday - Match Thread

Picard

We got through and are in the hat for the next round - that's all that matters. Edozie was very good in the first half. Prowsey clinically dispatched his penalty :) second half was much better, Perraud who has been one of our best players in recent games came on and we went back to a back four. Stuart Armstrong was so unlucky with his effort late in the second half which rattled the crossbar. All of our penalties in the shoot out were clincial so job done :)

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 3

When the best praise you can give Adam Armstrong is that he 'ran around', you know you're struggling.

Bloke is nowhere near good enough, really shows up our window that he is a regular in this team - he wasn't last season for the reason he's shit, and that's not changed in the summer.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

When the best praise you can give Adam Armstrong is that he 'ran around', you know you're struggling.

Bloke is nowhere near good enough, really shows up our window that he is a regular in this team - he wasn't last season for the reason he's shit, and that's not changed in the summer.

Also Walcott,  I've seen his missed chances again in the highlights, has he got the weakest shot in professional football? Plays like he's wearing slippers 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JRM said:

Also Walcott,  I've seen his missed chances again in the highlights, has he got the weakest shot in professional football? Plays like he's wearing slippers 

He kicks the ball like a 12 year old who forgot his boots and had to borrow a pair 2 sizes too big from the PE cupboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JRM said:

Come on, you must have been impressed at the accuracy with which he managed to pass it to the same player in the same position twice in quick succession. He probably swapped slippers with Djenepo, the amount of time he spent slipping onto his arse. 

9 hours ago, JRM said:

Yeah, the first effort in particular with an open goal should have been thumped into the net and,instead,he kind of just rolled it gently towards the goal making it easy to block. As I've said before, what can you expect for £75k a week these days.

• Like 2