End of season awards night and lap of appreciation

Paul Chuckle

On 02/05/2023 at 17:56, Turkish said:

Does anyone remember back at the Dell there was always a pitch invasion last game of the season and the players would come up into the director box. One year fans started ripping up the pitch and throwing lumps of turf at at the players. I seem to remember it all being quite good natured but it was reported as angry fans pelting players with lumps of mud and after that they banned pitch invasions.

Definitely felt it started good natured but did spiral out of control and really was a bit ridiculous anyway haha , remember it well 

It was cringe yesterday seeing players get applauded off the pitch yesterday by the happy clappers. As MLT quite rightly pointed out the players performance yesterday was gutless, lazy and passionless which was testament to the whole season. They don't deserve any applause. They've not cared enough to raise their game and at least fight for the shirt. They've insulted the fans who pay good money to watch the shit show unfold over course of the season.

I propose a 80th minute walkout against Liverpool regardless of the scoreline. The club has to understand that the fanbase is not going to put up with these players feeling they can be allowed to continue with their pathetic weak mentality and carefree attitude any longer. We need to embarrass the players and club. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

It was cringe yesterday seeing players get applauded off the pitch yesterday by the happy clappers. As MLT quite rightly pointed out the players performance yesterday was gutless, lazy and passionless which was testament to the whole season. They don't deserve any applause. They've not cared enough to raise their game and at least fight for the shirt. They've insulted the fans who pay good money to watch the shit show unfold over course of the season.

I propose a 80th minute walkout against Liverpool regardless of the scoreline. The club has to understand that the fanbase is not going to put up with these players feeling they can be allowed to continue with their pathetic weak mentality and carefree attitude any longer. We need to embarrass the players and club. 

I assume these are two of the people who clapped.

Jenny watched the Saints game on Saturday with her friend:

She said: “The players gave their all so what else can they do?

“We’ve followed Saints through all the way from Division One and we will renew our season tickets.”

In what way can any sane football fan look at yesterdays game, ignoring the season as a whole, and proclaim they gave their all? I mean, seriously? what are these people watching? wake the fuck up.

• Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

“We’ve followed Saints through all the way from Division One and we will renew our season tickets.”

In what way can any sane football fan look at yesterdays game, ignoring the season as a whole, and proclaim they gave their all? I mean, seriously? what are these people watching? wake the fuck up.

We have one of the biggest contingents of noddiest, thickest fanbases around sadly. 

Edited by Crab Lungs
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

80 minutes? Don't think I've made it to 70 minutes the last few home games. 

Luckily I've managed to resell my ticket to the club. Probably the only benefit I've had as a season ticket holder over the last 25 years!

2 hours ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

I propose a 80th minute walkout against Liverpool regardless of the scoreline

I came on this thread to say basically the same thing. The only difference is I’d say 70th minute as it takes 10 to empty the ground anyway and if we leave it until the 80th nobody will know by FT. Not that you could pay me to go to this game and sit there surrounded by joyous Scousers, watching their team win 5-0 from the home end.

Leicester City have scrapped their end-of-season awards dinner with the club facing relegation to the Championship.

Ahead of the crucial date with Liverpool on Monday night, the crisis engulfing Leicester is deepening with the club axing the annual event as senior officials believe it will be inappropriate.

It can also be revealed that the club’s players will have their salaries slashed by up to 50 per cent in the event of relegation. [John Percy, Telegraph]

12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

My favourite was the guy on twitter calling those clueless fans out, only to find replies of “fan police” etc 

I think the happy clappers have been found

12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Jenny will be our ‘fan on the board’ - Rasmus has done the metrics…