Will the home fans step up on Friday?

Dusic

I've  lost  my voice  from singing tonight, the best ever atmosphere at St Mary's. Just incredible. I can't wait to take that to Wembley and thrash the Leeds scum.

• Like 2

Just got back in from a few beers with my brother and his boys. What a cracking atmosphere, genuinely remarkable. Highlights for me included the perplexed faces of the lightweight stewards on realisation that this was a different type of gig, fans drowning out the goal Muzak, and psycho Dennis’s brilliant pre-match talk with reference to the skates - worthy of Henry V! Fuck the damned United, let’s go up at Wembley next Sunday! COYR!

• Like 1

I guess I’m not the only one that has woken up this morning with a sore throat ??

thanks Saints fans that was the best “match day experience “ I have witnessed since my first visit to the dell nearly 60 years ago.

onwards and upwards 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, redandwhitey said:

I guess I’m not the only one that has woken up this morning with a sore throat ??

thanks Saints fans that was the best “match day experience “ I have witnessed since my first visit to the dell nearly 60 years ago.

onwards and upwards 

Nope, I have no voice this morning!

Shame the idiots tainted it at the end but that aside, the fans really did their bit yesterday, atmosphere before and during the game was incredible. We can do it when we want. Need the same at Wembley!

• Like 2

Wellall those on here mocking the fan groups who wanted to get the pre match stuff going have had 2 fingers put up.

Well done who whipped the pre match frenzy up and the fans who got there and did it

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

People like me are wools. Grew up in North Baddesley, Fordingbridge and Crampmoor. The Dell, Central Baths The Lido all parts of my history though. Victorian family all from St Mary's according to Ancestry.

Thanks, but doesn't explain the term "wools" , for exiles or 'out of towners'.  Any further background ? Genuinely interested. (Is this a Southampton phrase ?)

• Like 1

Just saw some close up footage of the trouble with the Albion fans after the game, absolute fucking bellends in our support group ruining an otherwise perfect evening. Hopefully those that actually tried to get physical get a lifetime ban starting with next Sunday.