Watch the panic to get Skacel and Euell involved unfold first-hand

alpine_saint

Personally I think Euell could be very useful in midfield providing some experience. AND HE CAN PLAY UP FRONT AND SCORE GOALS :o From what I heard he had a great pre-season and I know he came good at the end of last so give the fellow a chance.

Skacel is also a decent player, now that we have them we may as well use them as best we can, as cover if nothing else...

Skacel sounds like a busted flush from comments about his performance for the ressies tonight.........:(

For all those of you who have a problem with my posts, use the ignore function.

Your moaning is starting to outweigh my comments about the team which you perceive as moaning.

Shame you can't put the RESULTS of our exciting football on ignore, isn't it?

But as I choose to support Saints, I have to put up with whatever they do and can't ignore them.

Being able to enjoy the football being played was such a delight even though we lost

ffs will you please shut the **** up.

you sound worse than the most irritating of all pompey fans now, and that's from someone who defended you in the past. i've never heard you say a positive word, ever. you seem to revel in finding something to moan about every day. no, 10 times a day. please please please stop.

well said. because the reoccurence of ***ts like the original poster on this new site,I have decided to wait and see,before signing up for the "full membership".

its just not worth getting sucked into a meaningless,frustrating "debate" with such a clueless manic-depressive moron,who isnt even a fan of Southampton FC.

I don't know - it could be a plan. Bring back the two of them, forget all the pre-season planning, change the system completely to accomodate them back into the team, never mind the other 9 guys on the pitch - they'll soon adapt back to last seasons system.

Yeah - it's a goer - instant success - let's do it...

I don't know - it could be a plan. Bring back the two of them, forget all the pre-season planning, change the system completely to accomodate them back into the team, never mind the other 9 guys on the pitch - they'll soon adapt back to last seasons system.

Yeah - it's a goer - instant success - let's do it...

The current system isnt delivering results - apart from some people go home with their hearts all-a-flutter...

But not to worry. Word is that Skacel was so crap for the ressies tonight that he's probably not going to be let anywhere near the first team again.

The current system isnt delivering results - apart from some people go home with their hearts all-a-flutter...

But not to worry. Word is that Skacel was so crap for the ressies tonight that he's probably not going to be let anywhere near the first team again.

The current system has been tried over two games.... two.....!!! No it hasn't got results just yet but like all new inovations it will probably require some fine tuning. Give it (them) time.

A bit like the Belfast West Link underpass down the road - cost multi-millions to build, opened 3 months ago and 25 feet deep in water last night. Ohhh to be a fly on the wall of the contractors today.....

The current system has been tried over two games.... two.....!!! No it hasn't got results just yet but like all new inovations it will probably require some fine tuning. Give it (them) time.

Rather than dismissing your optimism as misplaced, I'd like to hear why you think things will improve to such a degree as we wont get picked off in the second half of games.

Rather than dismissing your optimism as misplaced, I'd like to hear why you think things will improve to such a degree as we wont get picked off in the second half of games.

Who says that we have to improve. As the majority of those who have witnessed the first games - overall, we played well. No we didn't get the result, but also judging by some of the press reports that I read at the weekend - we were unlucky to come away with nothing on Saturday.

It isn't the first time that we have lost two in a row - it won't be the last, we have played 2 very good sides, not been overawed, been in the game and clapped off on both occassions.

I don't think we will get anything at Derby, (I think PJ will have shoved a rocket up their asses after the weekend) - but again, if we play well, don't let our heads go down, the lads will continue to learn & improve.

Results will come - we have to support the management and team. I'm of the same opinion as last year (where I was happy to give GB the full season) - no knee jerk reactions after a couple of games, I'm happy to give the manager and players time to put their plans into action.

I seem to remember that you, DD and WA2 all subscribed to giving any new management team 2 years to work some magic after you ousted GB - or have you changed your mandate after only 2 weeks? ;)

But as I choose to support Saints, I have to put up with whatever they do and can't ignore them.

Being able to enjoy the football being played was such a delight even though we lost

Strange kind of support that is: You're accepting almost certain death for the club (due to severe mismanagement) because you saw some attractive yet losing football?

I support the club, which is why I won't accept the current crud running the club, and will resist them with everything I've got. Many will call that "Fighting windmills". and it may well be, but I love my Saints and will never just stand by while they kill our club.

well said. because the reoccurence of ***ts like the original poster on this new site,I have decided to wait and see,before signing up for the "full membership".

its just not worth getting sucked into a meaningless,frustrating "debate" with such a clueless manic-depressive moron,who isnt even a fan of Southampton FC.

Awww, we'll miss you ........... NOT!

Who says that we have to improve. As the majority of those who have witnessed the first games - overall, we played well. No we didn't get the result, but also judging by some of the press reports that I read at the weekend - we were unlucky to come away with nothing on Saturday.

It isn't the first time that we have lost two in a row - it won't be the last, we have played 2 very good sides, not been overawed, been in the game and clapped off on both occassions.

I don't think we will get anything at Derby, (I think PJ will have shoved a rocket up their asses after the weekend) - but again, if we play well, don't let our heads go down, the lads will continue to learn & improve.

Results will come - we have to support the management and team. I'm of the same opinion as last year (where I was happy to give GB the full season) - no knee jerk reactions after a couple of games, I'm happy to give the manager and players time to put their plans into action.

I seem to remember that you, DD and WA2 all subscribed to giving any new management team 2 years to work some magic after you ousted GB - or have you changed your mandate after only 2 weeks? ;)

Wow, are you serious ? You're putting it down to luck ???

And I dont recall Pearson being given 2 years - how bizarre that some on here claim 13 games was enough to decide he wasnt good enough (without having had the chance or time to shape a team like JP has been given), then have the nerve to lecture the likes of me about not giving JP enough time.

ouch that post stings,I have just told myself that there is no way that post would of been made by a full member.

I look under your usename and what did I see? "Registered member".

So if he hasn't paid his membership he's not a real fan like you? FFS! Even joining up as a full MEMBER to a fans' forum makes you a better fan now?

Wow, are you serious ? You're putting it down to luck ???

And I dont recall Pearson being given 2 years - how bizarre that some on here claim 13 games was enough to decide he wasnt good enough (without having had the chance or time to shape a team like JP has been given), then have the nerve to lecture the likes of me about not giving JP enough time.

Yeah sorry, should have thought - I've never heard anybody in football ever saying that 'you need a little luck' or similar quotes such as that - remiss of me, so sorry.

Also don't remember actually ever mentioning Pearson in my last post - but I would have been happy to see him stay on. You seem to have conveniently forgotten your claim to giving new management time - and now you call for change to the system after only two weeks. How many ways do you want it?

Yeah sorry, should have thought - I've never heard anybody in football ever saying that 'you need a little luck' or similar quotes such as that - remiss of me, so sorry.

Also don't remember actually ever mentioning Pearson in my last post - but I would have been happy to see him stay on. You seem to have conveniently forgotten your claim to giving new management time - and now you call for change to the system after only two weeks. How many ways do you want it?

Luck is ******. Its used as a coverall for poor performance. We've had enough of this excuse over the past few years.

No, I mentioned him

Can you just remind me who was the first management team brought in after Burley's caretakers ? I was willing to give Pearson time. Seeing as Lowe wasnt, why should I indulge the latest round of his twice-already failed experiment ?

Luck is ******. Its used as a coverall for poor performance. We've had enough of this excuse over the past few years.

No, I mentioned him

Can you just remind me who was the first management team brought in after Burley's caretakers ? I was willing to give Pearson time. Seeing as Lowe wasnt, why should I indulge the latest round of his twice-already failed experiment ?

Then you were watching a different game in your armchair to those who attended SMS to view the 'performance'.

By all accounts it was anything but poor. Who knows, with a little luck we might have got something.

Not sure about your question, no idea what you are on about or what 'twice-already failed experiment' you are alluding to?

Then you were watching a different game in your armchair to those who attended SMS to view the 'performance'.

By all accounts it was anything but poor. Who knows, with a little luck we might have got something.

Not sure about your question, no idea what you are on about or what 'twice-already failed experiment' you are alluding to?

Games last 90mins, not 30-35mins...

How long have you been a Saints fan for ?

Do the names "Wigley" and "Gray" mean nothing to you ?

Edited by alpine_saint

my view is based on the Birmingham game -we were so easily on top for half the game but they were the better team in the second half -the reason I don;t think this will happen regularly is that no other team in the division will be able to bring on players such as they did -no-where near.

That's a perfectly fair question .

From the games I've seen and from the match reports of those I haven't we seem to be consistently unable to maintain a good standard for the full 90+ minutes . The only explanation I can put forward is that inexperienced young players find it difficult to keep full concentration over an entire match - I don't believe the team is unfit this season BTW .

This must be a matter of some concern for all Saints fans .

From the games I've seen and from the match reports of those I haven't we seem to be consistently unable to maintain a good standard for the full 90+ minutes . The only explanation I can put forward is that inexperienced young players find it difficult to keep full concentration over an entire match - I don't believe the team is unfit this season BTW .

Hmmm. Apparently not, some feel its still an issue of "luck"

So if he hasn't paid his membership he's not a real fan like you? FFS! Even joining up as a full MEMBER to a fans' forum makes you a better fan now?

It was the comment that was in his post,no fool would pay £5 and then say something like that.

EFM I am not going to games this season because of the problems off the pitch,try and keep up.

Hmmm. Apparently not, some feel its still an issue of "luck"

Yep thats me - I think with a little more luck we may have got something out of the games. Of course I didn't say that was the only reason that we find ourselves with no points up to now, but if that is what you want to intimate in order to further your agenda - feel free to quote me.

I am happy for them to be re-integrated, dont get me wrong.

But for me, it marks an end of everything Lowe and Jp were supposed to be trying to achieve, and a complete waste of pre-season...

Maybe it will turn out for the best, but I wonder how JP feels ?

Alpine i sort of understand what you are saying but i think, the general idea was to have a pre season mainly using the players JP expected to be left with once the season got going.

The older established players that we may have been prepared to sell do not really need to be playing in the first team or in the shop window as such, they have been around long enough for other clubs to know all about them.

Any player that for what ever reason we can not sell on should be capable of slotting into our first team if and when needed.

As supporters i think all we can do is support the club,team and not have a far to greater expectancy of them this season, other than to hold thier own in this league this season, which they are capable of doing.

Yes dream of a takeover, but dont bank on one, just get behind Lowe/Wilde etc whilst they try to avoid Administration.

Obviously there will be things we wont like happening but, with support and understanding this club can overcome it.... IMO of course

Would never have known that first stat had you not been kind enough to point it out for me - but they actually normally last anything between 92 - 94 minutes if you want to be pedantic.

Only been a fan since 1968, so I'm probably going to have to bow to your undoubted better knowledge and judgement.

Wigley and Gray - yes they were past managers that didn't work out - so are you now suggesting that the current managerial team are from the same mould as Steve and Stuart. Whilst we may not of liked what happened with those two, the fact remained that they were actually part of the club, effectively we trained and groomed them for their managerial roles. Yes they failed but I do not see the link between them and the current managerial set up.

Would never have known that first stat had you not been kind enough to point it out for me - but they actually normally last anything between 92 - 94 minutes if you want to be pedantic.

Only been a fan since 1968, so I'm probably going to have to bow to your undoubted better knowledge and judgement.

Wigley and Gray - yes they were past managers that didn't work out - so are you now suggesting that the current managerial team are from the same mould as Steve and Stuart. Whilst we may not of liked what happened with those two, the fact remained that they were actually part of the club, effectively we trained and groomed them for their managerial roles. Yes they failed but I do not see the link between them and the current managerial set up.

Are you sure you knew ? See, you've been so gushing about 30-35mins spurts, and can tell SO much about how the seasons going to pan out because of it, its not very clear, I'm afraid.

And if you cannot tell the similarities in managerial set-up between when Gray and Wigley were here, and now, than perhaps you really do need to bow to my better judgement.....

Are you sure you knew ? See, you've been so gushing about 30-35mins spurts, and can tell SO much about how the seasons going to pan out because of it, its not very clear, I'm afraid.

And if you cannot tell the similarities in managerial set-up between when Gray and Wigley were here, and now, than perhaps you really do need to bow to my better judgement.....

I've gushed about nothing - simply pointed out that in the two games we have played to date we have played well and done anything but bombed.

As for similarities between the Gray and Wigley era and now, I see none. They worked with our 'older pro' players, playing conventional systems, whilst the new team have worked with the kids on a completely different system of play. Only similarities thus far is that they coached footballers.

I think your argument is with Lowe - but he is here whether we like it or not. Yes he is probably pulling strings that should be left to management. But at the end of the day, he sees the bank balance sheet daily and has to make judgement on how to get the club 'back into the black'. If you can find a 'sugar daddy' ready to stump up a lump of cash then bring him on, personally I can't see it happening.

However, we as fans should be supporting the team - the boardroom problems hold little interest for me.

The are not mutually exclusive, and you will never see the team sorted out while the boardroom is a bloody mess run by self-interested clowns

Agreed they are not - but as fans we can either continue to vent our fury at the boardroom and management, or support the team on the field who up to now appear to be trying their hardest to get results - I know which I prefer to put my efforts into.

comfortably the best side for about 50 mins against best side in division on Saturday -then even for a bit before they came through on top -this is not about a few minutes of flash football but real quality starting to show

Strange kind of support that is: You're accepting almost certain death for the club (due to severe mismanagement) because you saw some attractive yet losing football?

I support the club, which is why I won't accept the current crud running the club, and will resist them with everything I've got. Many will call that "Fighting windmills". and it may well be, but I love my Saints and will never just stand by while they kill our club.

So could you explain what you are doing then? In what way are you not standing by? Are you leading a consortium to buy us out? Are you getting behind the team to encourage them to play us out of trouble?

I'm trying not to be provocative but exactly what are you doing differently to the rest of us to be prevent our club from being "killed"?

Agreed they are not - but as fans we can either continue to vent our fury at the boardroom and management, or support the team on the field who up to now appear to be trying their hardest to get results - I know which I prefer to put my efforts into.
Micky I first went in 68. Leeds home first home game of the season.

As for Alpine, entertainment or good football is of no use as Teletext only gets exciting when it refreshes. He spends all day working out what angle to have a dig at the club.He's a Fifth columnist and to be taken in the same way as Scooby but without any humour.

Micky,

Your comments on this thread are perfectly valid and with a bit of 'luck' things could have worked out better for saints.

Alpine says using bad luck as an excuse is poor form, and he is right if it is used for a team that regularly repeats the same mistakes, but we have had only TWO games so far and did well overall so that its not a relevant argument here. We always do poorly at Ninian Park yet were only a minute away from a well fought point with a team including 5 'debutants.'

Any reasonable person will understand that it will take time for the players to adapt to each others strengths and weaknesses and gain a better understanding of exactly what is required of them. When that happens the team will obviously improve and I doubt anyone can argue against that - but maybe Alpine will give it a go. ;)

alpine_saint is utterly pointless negative drivel non-shock.

I feel sorry for anyone that has ever had to talk to you in real life. Unless they punched you in the gob, then I'd buy them a pint.

I know Alps. He's quite refreshing offline. At least he's not a woolly liberal who doesn't like cars for environmental reasons but likes speedway ;)

How about we will not always be playing teams as good as Birmingham in this league?

How about we give the manager and players time to adjust to each other in real competitive games?

How about we may learn from some of our mistakes and not repeat them in future games?

How about you being constructive rather than dismissing every decision as wrong and every act as a failure?

You are probably the sort of person who spends his entire life weasling out of making a decision and complaining that those who have the balls to do so are always wrong.

Quite possibly but they might learn that it is necessary. It may also be a stamina thing and the pace being higher and the intensity being greater than they are used to.

Most of us will accept there will be weaknesses but it is all about whtehr progress is made by the majority of those that play - we know they can compete they need to do it for longer. So it is not a concern yet, but I see your point.

But for me, it marks an end of everything Lowe and Jp were supposed to be trying to achieve, and a complete waste of pre-season...

i dont think we can blame JP at all. RL probably told him who he was trying to offload so naturally JP used what he had left. If both Euell and Rudi become available i hope we use them in this set up. Rudi wide left and euell in the centre will be good imo, also add a bit more experience

Either - or? We can either vent our fury at the board or support the players? I wonder if you'd care to have a little think about it and explain to me why we can't do both?

You obviously only have enough energy or indeed imagination to do the one thing, whereas there are others capable of doing both.

Two games gone and I am for one am pleased that we are playing attractive football. A team full of youngsters most of whom have hardly played in front of crowd above 1500 and we almost hold and indeed at times outplay the favourites for promotion and a team that almost stayed up in the premiership!

I believe we need a bit of patience and the lads need some encouragement before we throw in the towel!

Anbyway what choice do we have it is really the youngsters or administration and a 15 point minimum deduction!

Either - or? We can either vent our fury at the board or support the players? I wonder if you'd care to have a little think about it and explain to me why we can't do both?

You obviously only have enough energy or indeed imagination to do the one thing, whereas there are others capable of doing both.

Good point well made. Possibly I do only have the energy to take an interest in the 'on field' side of supporting the club. If I use my 'imagination' I could become embroiled in the endless boardroom threads - but then, like many on here, my views would be borne of 'imagination' and very little fact.

Capable of both yes, but prefer to live in the real world, accept the club is currently in a sorry state that dictates a transitional period to try to get it on an even keel.