Watch this JP!

TopGun

Get your men playing like these early 1980s guys did JP and you're a winner!

PS. Please buy Steve Moran again for us JP!

I like it on the Man City game the commentator forgets the third goal scorers name and swears "the ball is turned in by..f*** it"

Great saints team and swearing on the telly, golden days.

What Lawrie did very well was to mould a style of play around the players that he had, rather than fitting them into a rigid system (Rueben Agboola (eek spelling) as sweeper for example

Something that we haven't seen for a while but now JP seems to be fitting the system to the youngsters rather than being Mike Bassett.

The commentator was Brian Moore and he said that the ball was turned in by Puckett. A hearing test for you I think.

A commentator's identification test for you matey. It was Gerald Sinstadt, then working for TVS, who still does match reports for the BBC Final Score.

Thank you for posting these! That brings back some wonderful memories. Reinforces why I am a Saints fan! I still remember the goosebumps (and some tears of sheer joy) watching all this from the stands in the Dell. Especially Keegan's scissor kick. Like someone said on another thread, that was the best goal that never was.

I've not seen that before, that's an amazing team goal. What year was it from?

Pretty sure it was 1982 - March or April. We lost the match 3-2 (to Liverpool if anybody hadn't spotted who the opposition was) but that goal won the goal of the season award.