Why didint the fans save us from administration?

Frank's cousin

To many who were willing to cut their nose off to spite their face and not attend SMS whislt a certain person was in the board room. Surely no coincidence that the crowds have been 27,000 and 23,000 since the announcement. Whislt we would still have financial problems at least they would (probably) not be as potentially terminal as they are at the moment.

They didn't care enough. Sad but true and that's the difference between the bigger and smaller clubs. We have 32,000 fans for the Premiership, not far off for top of this league. But IMO, even without Lowe, we have about 16,000 who are there just for Saints rather than the league or success. That's not enough to cover debts and be successful.

If we'd kept 32,000 then we'd be in a very, very different position now. Can blame anyone we want, but there were empty seats because not enough people wanted to go. Man City had 30,000 in the league below this, Norwich have 27,000 season tickets or something silly for next season when they may be in league 1, Derby got 33,000 last week for a nothing game. Big attendences quite rightly should give a club more chance of success. We failed to help. I saw we, but it doesn't apply to most of you as you did keep going. But you, yes you over there, watching Ronaldo's goal for the 100th time and delighting in Premiership football every week, you ****ed up the club's chances when you stopped supporting when we needed it most.

Boooorrrrrrring. Lowe ****ed up the club with a serious of disastrous management decisions. If the products shiit the customers won't come. Simple.

Not caring enough is not the difference between bigger and smaller clubs. I've been to league games at Chelsea when there were only 7000 there (early 90s) and Arsenal (late 80s) when there were only 16000. Guarantee success and the fans will come. Simple.

You're right in that we only have a hardcore of 15,000 - no shame in that. Just because they don't have the same commitment as you doesn't mean they don't care enough. Eventually, even the diehard fans will realise that the management are taking the **** and will stop coming.

You can sit there and get your knickers in a twist as much as you want it doesn't make you a better fan just more gullible - the kind of fan that Lowe relied upon to keep him where he was for so long.

They didn't care enough. Sad but true and that's the difference between the bigger and smaller clubs. We have 32,000 fans for the Premiership, not far off for top of this league. But IMO, even without Lowe, we have about 16,000 who are there just for Saints rather than the league or success. That's not enough to cover debts and be successful.

If we'd kept 32,000 then we'd be in a very, very different position now. Can blame anyone we want, but there were empty seats because not enough people wanted to go. Man City had 30,000 in the league below this, Norwich have 27,000 season tickets or something silly for next season when they may be in league 1, Derby got 33,000 last week for a nothing game. Big attendences quite rightly should give a club more chance of success. We failed to help. I saw we, but it doesn't apply to most of you as you did keep going. But you, yes you over there, watching Ronaldo's goal for the 100th time and delighting in Premiership football every week, you ****ed up the club's chances when you stopped supporting when we needed it most.

To be honest though is this not really just that we all though we were bigger than we actually are? Most teams would do at least 30K in the prem if the locals have the cash - but the reality we simply dont have enough folk interested in pure sainst football rather than interested in football... we cant blame people for their preferences or passion not being teh same as ours - we can only really have a go at those who claim to be fans but are staying away because of teh politics, yet fail to return when its over, or used that as an excuse because they disliked CCC football and our results?

Couldn't agree more with you. The truth is we were never a good side even in the premiership we'd lose alot of games and the product was that usually we'd battle hard against relegation. The fans knew that they should support the team actually helps the club rather than stopping to go.

Do you think if we got 25,000+ fans every week for the last 3 seasons we'd be anywhere near administration. Probably not those fans who stopped going to the games, and yet babble on about how much they care about the club annoy me no end. They're not true fans at the end of the day just because you don't agree with Lowe doesn't mean you should want the club to die a death and still not turn up when the club needs you most.

People are happy to put money into the club.

People weren't happy giving money to Mr Lowe.

A simple concept.

How was giving money to the club giving money to Lowe? - As a PLC it is ineffect giveing moent to all shareholders in proportion - and also as a PLC we had the strictest regulations regarding the financials operations and auditing...?

I dont really care about this Administration stuff, we're about to be bought out by the highest bidder. We're now free from Lowe forever and his continual movements DOWN the leagues. The plc is dead and we're finally SFC again.

We would have been in a worse state in League 1 next season under Lowe/Wotte/Wilde without Administration. Minus 10 points or not at least we now have some hope.

As for the fans - this is a complete non-argument. We have 14000 diehards and thousands more who stayed away under Lowe. We have many more thousands of fans who will come again now that optimism and success hits SMS under new leadership.

That is the way of the Club - we have 14000 diehards but hundred thousand plus happy go lucky's who still are Saints through and through and will return. Largest fanbase in the South... and a major sales point.

Thank god they stayed away under Lowe ... thank god he's now gone because of it.

Edited by SaintRobbie

Just shows how clueless you are, then.

Is it tough love then Alpine? Fans knew the situation and what they could do to save the club but refer to go down the 'learn the hard way' route. Many personal tradegies have no doubt arisen from people adopting the 'I'll teach them a lesson' and this is just another albeit more public tradegy.

Frank, I think it could have worked if every fan who bought more than 2 tickets got a mention on the OS and in the programme for being wonderful fans and worthy of being given the recognition for their selfless contribution.

How was giving money to the club giving money to Lowe? - As a PLC it is ineffect giveing moent to all shareholders in proportion - and also as a PLC we had the strictest regulations regarding the financials operations and auditing...?

Maybe another way of putting it would be that fans didn't trust Lowe to use their money wisely.

I dont really care about this Administration stuff, we're about to be bought out by the highest bidder. We're now free from Lowe forever and his continual movements DOWN the leagues. The plc is dead and we're finally SFC again.

We would have been in a worse state in League 1 next season under Lowe/Wotte/Wilde without Administration. Minus 10 points or not at least we now have some hope.

What about League 1 minus 10 points and Crouch back on the board? May not be so wonderful with 33% of the original problem back on board.

What about League 1 minus 10 points and Crouch back on the board? May not be so wonderful with 33% of the original problem back on board.

No - I think that it will definately be more preferable and we'll see higher gates under those circumstances than having Lowe lead us in League 1.... sorry 19, but if you believe anything else you're seriously delusional mate.

Bring on the new owners!! Crouch on the board? Brilliant - a passionate fan who's given more of his own money already than Lowe ever did.

(Thanks again for the replacement statue of Ted Bates and the pride that generates Leon!)

I could have to be fair Alps, I blame both Lowe and the stayaway fans.

See I dont, because the stayaways have led to Lowe's final removal and hope. But you're misunderstanding this Club if you believe we have anymore than 140000 odd diehard fans. The fan base is huge but it is divided between: 14000 diehards, 15000 regulars/antiLowe, 100K+ others who attend once and a while regardless but are nontheless red and white.

Sorry but this has nothing to do with any of the fans - but all to do with Lowe's incompetence and inability to unite boardroom or fans over the last 14 years. That is the reason for SLH plc's final collapse... and thank God for small mercies.

I think you need to add 'potentially' in there somewhere, the grim reality is that so far no one seems to a front runner who is confident of coming up with cash.... there is a limit to how long this can go on for and for me its starting to get seriously worrying... tire kickers we have aplenty - serious bidders with the resources to rebuild and take us forward seem thin on the ground.

I think you need to add 'potentially' in there somewhere' date=' the grim reality is that so far no one seems to a front runner who is confident of coming up with cash.... there is a limit to how long this can go on for and for me its starting to get seriously worrying... tire kickers we have aplenty - serious bidders with the resources to rebuild and take us forward seem thin on the ground.[/quote']

No mate. We will be bought. I hope sooner rather than later though for the new manager to have a full summer to buy his new team.

35 bids and counting agreed may be tyre kickers but we already know of 3 serious ones. It'll take time to process this, patience needed all round, but Saints has always been a Club worth buying. We will be bought out.

See I dont, because the stayaways have led to Lowe's final removal and hope. But you're misunderstanding this Club if you believe we have anymore than 140000 odd diehard fans. The fan base is huge but it is divided between: 14000 diehards, 15000 regulars/antiLowe, 100K+ others who attend once and a while regardless but are nontheless red and white.

Sorry but this has nothing to do with any of the fans - but all to do with Lowe's incompetence and inability to unite boardroom or fans over the last 14 years. That is the reason for SLH plc's final collapse... and thank God for small mercies.

Sort out what you've just written there Robbie, it's a pile of junk that makes about as much sense as the Babelfish translation of JP's interview.When did we ever have 140,000 diehard fans?

The biggest mistake any bidder can make is to remain aloof. Treat the buyers of tickets as a necessary evil like the predecessor. By remaining tight lipped he gave everyone the opportunity to turn against him. If we had known the truth with regard our fragility it is possible that we could have helped by being more easy on the board.

The man kept his own council and he was horribly wrong in nearly everything that he tried.

Moving from the Dell without added funds was a serious error.

Not getting a replacement for Svensson was another.

Redknapp was an even bigger error of judgement.

Changing Managers as often as he blew his nose, another.

Our new ground was built in a poverty stricken area of the city. We should and could have used a large supermarket chain to help with the costs. A slightly larger ground wouldn't have hurt either. The cost of a second tier when originally built would be a hell of a lot less than it would cost in the future.

Let us hope that whoever takes us on can keep us in the picture. We don't need to know every little detail but just feeling part of the picture has to help increase club feeling amonst fans/followers and locals.