3rd year Uni students

Summers

How are your dissertations going?

What you doing them on?

How far you got to go?

Where You studying?

Mine's going very very slowly, Have done around 5,100 words so far. Studying Sports Management and Football Studies at Bucks New Uni in High Wycombe and am writing mine on the Values of Sponsorship to Wycombe Wanderers Football Club. Got 8 or 9 days left before the deadline and am bricking it! Roughly got 5k ish to go

I'm working full time whilst doing a full time course, its bloody difficult, however, its going to be worth it in around two weeks when the coursework's all done!

For anyone that is even remotely interested, my all nighter was quite beneficial as i've got on top of the emails and done 1000 words, and am now creating a questionnaire!

Slight problem, I start work in 3 and 3/4 hours and i'm on an 11-3 and 6-close! hmmmmm

Did mine at the very last minute (and I mean minute) when I completed mine. IF you have all stats and questionaires and research sorted....and you know the structure of your work then actually you should complete with very little problem. I too had a 9 - 5 job whilst doing my final year. It wasn't pretty.

Basically, I've done 37 Questionnaires yesterday, felt like a ******* ''Chegger'' especially when people are walking past thinking i'm gonna bloomin ask them if they want to sponsor a dog.

Research is practically all done, i'm just waiting on two-three responses two definitely and i've been waiting for a month ish, and sent them all basically a ''hurry-the-f*ck-up'' email about an hour ago. Stats could prove to be a problem cos i'm not quite sure if i've completed my research yet. Not really sure what you'd class as a decent amount of responses for a qualitative questionnaire?

I wish my job was 9-5, i'd get 5 hours every night to do it. Sadly my days are completely filled with work and sleep, especially on 10 hour days!

Doing mine on the Brewing Industry in the late 70s and early 80s and how it effected the customers. Kind of interesting but very difficult to do because beer is hard to analyse in a historical context. Nearly finished it though with a couple of weeks left. Might do a masters next year because of lack of jobs and laziness, or travel.

Doing mine on the Brewing Industry in the late 70s and early 80s and how it effected the customers. Kind of interesting but very difficult to do because beer is hard to analyse in a historical context. Nearly finished it though with a couple of weeks left. Might do a masters next year because of lack of jobs and laziness, or travel.

No wonder you keep beating my arcade scores. There should be a seperate leaderboard for students who obviously have too much time on their hands and professionals. IMO.

Handed mine in at the beginning of the month, was pretty pleased with it by the end. I do psychology and my project was (basically) on the development of grammar, 14,000 words/45 pages.. I'm at the University of Plymouth.

Starting to revise for the last exams now, then I'm all done.

my son is doing modern history

he is thinking about doing a Masters because job market is so poor,

me, i think he is just work shy , although to be fair he does work as a casual for the post office to fund himself

I did my MA History for a year inbetween Uni and finally getting a job. Thing he has to think about is whether there is a point in forking out another couple of grand out of his own pocket (as you can't get a loan for it) if it is not going to further his job prospects.

Have done 8000ish words on mine, due in 5th May I think. Mine is far too unique to share with you good people, just look out for it when it is published about this time next year. Seriously...

I'll vouch for that!

:-D

Did mine on "Betrayal in Hemingway's For Whom the bell tolls" and Orwell's Homage to Catalonia". I thought it was a work of genius, but it only got a 62 - markers said that it was too much History and not enough English (I did a combined degree). Not my fault, I just roll like that :(

But I actually found doing it fairly easy once I got into it; forget that it's work and it's a lot of fun, due to the fact you're interested in whatever the subject is.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP

Couldn't find any other threads relevant to this, and this was the closest subject topic there was to my question (and being just a humble registered user I couldn't start my own thread...boohoo).

So, i'm a 1st Year Sixth Form student, and i'm looking at Uni courses, and one that has struck me is a course at Edinburgh University. I was just wondering if anyone is/was at Edinburgh Uni and could tell me what it was like there, and also what the city is like in terms of nightlife. I've been to Edinburgh plenty of times and know the area quite well, but never really been 'out' in the city, so want to make sure there's quite a lot of good stuff to do seeing as i'll be a student, sitting on my arse in my bedsit all day.

Cheers me dears.

I did mine on "How much influence did Tony Blair have on US foreign policy", which I thought would be interesting, but then found it quite difficult working with contemporary sources, as I prefer historical analysis, really.

Other than that, like Mao Cap I was alright when I got going and got a half-decent mark. Got a 2:1 for my degree which, considering I'm a p*ssed up tw*t, was good enough for me!

Have a really good idea for a Master thesis if I ever decide I want to do one - comparing the 1815 Treaty of Vienna, and the 1919 Treaty of Versailles. One fine day I will write it....

I did mine on "How much influence did Tony Blair have on US foreign policy", which I thought would be interesting, but then found it quite difficult working with contemporary sources, as I prefer historical analysis, really.

Other than that, like Mao Cap I was alright when I got going and got a half-decent mark. Got a 2:1 for my degree which, considering I'm a p*ssed up tw*t, was good enough for me!

Have a really good idea for a Master thesis if I ever decide I want to do one - comparing the 1815 Treaty of Vienna, and the 1919 Treaty of Versailles. One fine day I will write it....

I just did my dissertation plan and since its on 'Was appeasement critical in the development of WW2' (not highly original i know) the T of V is going to be pretty damn important as it goes.

I just did my dissertation plan and since its on 'Was appeasement critical in the development of WW2' (not highly original i know) the T of V is going to be pretty damn important as it goes.

Actually, my theme was more based about the restructuring of international systems.

Summers,

When I was at Uni I hated the try-hards who insisted on doing a full-time course and doing a full-time job as well.

Just spend your time playing ISS and drinking beer like everybody else.

Wilko

£000s in debt

BSc Business (2:2)

£14,000 per annum salary

Summers,

When I was at Uni I hated the try-hards who insisted on doing a full-time course and doing a full-time job as well.

Just spend your time playing ISS and drinking beer like everybody else.

Wilko

£000s in debt

BSc Business (2:2)

£14,000 per annum salary

Should be pointed out that you managed to fail your first year!

I'm not a third year, but i'm trying to finish my dissertation for my two-year film studies MA (which is currently in its third year). The hand-in is in September, and if its not done yet I get another year to finish it. but i want it finished as i've been working on it for years. The good thing is that as i work at a Uni i get to do it for free, i would have chalked up about £12,000 worth of of education by the time i finish if i was paying.

My study is on revenge films which came out in the first five years of the 21st century, from the US, France and the UK, all former Empires and Super-powers, in various states of disrepair. I looked at three modern day westerns which all turned out to about the war on terror (surprise surprise), then three french art-cinema films all about the failure of multicultural relations in Paris, and three British 'kitchen sink' films about the loss of working class communities in impoverished estates and a return to DIY blood feuds of yore :axe:.

and i've still got to write the sodding introduction and conclusion.

for ages i've been stuck in the place where you do loads of work and there's nothing to show for it, but its starting to take shape before my tired tired eyes and actually sound pretty good.

i wouldn't want to be the powers that be once i'm done with them.:smt066

Mine forwarded the hypothesis that collectivist attitudes to cultural practice will make a resurgence as a result of the societal transformations brought about by the proliferation and rapid integration into society of the internet and new media technologies.

Mine forwarded the hypothesis that collectivist attitudes to cultural practice will make a resurgence as a result of the societal transformations brought about by the proliferation and rapid integration into society of the internet and new media technologies.

Media studies?

I have yet to choose a title yet ... Studying architecture in Northampton

I'm worried you're narrowing your future with that course. You may be well served by studying buildings in other settlements as well.

I did a 4 year course and handed in my dissertation just before christmas as i was on placement from janurary - april

I did my dissertation on the difference in success between novice and expert goalkeepers, when either anticipating or reacting to a penalty kick. I found that experience aids the anticipation in terms of guessing the correct direction... however when reacting no level of experience will aid the decision making in terms of direction to dive. This of course then comes down to the goalkeepers ability to physcially react to the movement of the ball and get their body in the way of the ball in the split seconds it takes to move from spot to net.

Was a very interesting piece of work to complete, as knackering and stressful as it was... as a goalkeeper it has helped and changed the way i go about dealing with a penalty situation, in terms of timing my dive and reacting to the stimuli the kicker shows.

:D