Thank You SFC

Ian the Red

Sadly my father passed away at the end of last year. He was a life long Saints supporter, season ticket holder and share holder in the club. We contacted the club sometime ago to request burying his ashes in the pitch. This was completed last Thursday and I must compliment and thank the club for their thoughtful and respectful approach and attitude. They even sent all the workman/groundsman for a tea break so that the ground and the pitch area were completely empty, only our family, vicar and the senior security guard, Glen (excellent bloke!) on the pitch. Whilst we were not allowed to bury my fathers ashes in the playing area, we were allowed to bury them on the edge, just outside of the touchline opposite to where my father sat and indeed, to where my Mother still has a seat. There was no time limit imposed, we were given as much time as we wanted and use of the players lounge before and after for tea/coffee.

So a huge "thank you" to SFC.

I've always wondered why clubs allow this.

Surely having people buried under the pitch would lead to all sorts of planning permission problems for anything that might occur in the future.

Were peoples ashes buried at The Dell? If so , what happened, did the developers just dig 'em up?

and my condolences by the way.

Well done SFC, also on the OS a family whose house burnt down were given a day at the training ground with new kits and meeting the players.

Our family club hasn't gone away, always good to hear as too many stories are negative about SFC.

Condolences also.

My condolences to you and your family. And well done SFC.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

It's always nice to be able to bring a little happiness into a desperately sad situation. Well done SFC, and whilst I'm extremely sorry for your loss, I'm pleased you and your family could do this for your father :)

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

It's always nice to be able to bring a little happiness into a desperately sad situation. Well done SFC, and whilst I'm extremely sorry for your loss, I'm pleased you and your family could do this for your father :)

same here, i would like simular personally when i go

Thank you for all your messages. I am aware I`m not the originator of this thread, but as Ian`s brother I also wish to say thank you. Once again I thank SFC for the whole time we were there last Thursday, they really could not have done more. My Dad would`ve loved the fact that the ashes were carried onto the pitch through the players tunnel, and yes, he`ll be there (as he was last night) for all the home games, once again.

Once again, thank you all.