England v Turkey

Batman

Ah yes. The 'England Band'.....

As welcome to my ears as a vuvuzela.

I'm glad I'm not alone in wanting them gone. They used to be great and really added to the atmosphere, now they are just an orchestra version of TWTCB

I actually didn't mind the vuvuzelas as a one-off tournament gimmick, the England band on the other hand... it's like being forced to sit through a school piano recital for a niece you don't even like. Go on, which of your three songs are you going to play this time? The Great Escape, GSTQ or Rule Britannia? Oh, you've learned how to play Achy Breaky Heart (badly out of time and tune) good for you!

I always believed the point of a band was to add to the atmosphere.

All I see now is 11 players on the pitch occasionally putting in some nice play, a band not exactly raising hell and a dwindling number of supporters standing there, depressed with what they are seeing (and have paid for)

The whole thing needs to stop, have a clear out and start again. It'll never happen though.

Ah yes. The 'England Band'.....

As welcome to my ears as a vuvuzela.

I'm glad I'm not alone in wanting them gone. They used to be great and really added to the atmosphere, now they are just an orchestra version of TWTCB

The Brazilians have samba and batucada, but we have an embarrassing jingoistic dirge. To think of the incredible music that has come out of this country and that's the sh*t we serve up. Ban 'em.

On a more controversial note I'd like to change the national anthem too.

The Brazilians have samba and batucada, but we have an embarrassing jingoistic dirge. To think of the incredible music that has come out of this country and that's the sh*t we serve up. Ban 'em.

Actually I would too - to David Bowie's Heros.

I've been banging that drum for years, GSTQ is awful. Both in terms of the tune, which is dull, flat and uninspiring, and the lyrics, which are outdated and out of touch to British society.

'I Vow to Thee My Country' would be my preference, 'Jerusalem' is another good shout.

I'm surprised England fans haven't adapted "Oh when the Saints" somehow. Maybe "Oh when the Lions, go roaring in" or something. Unless they have... My attention to England waned a long time ago.

I've been banging that drum for years, GSTQ is awful. Both in terms of the tune, which is dull, flat and uninspiring, and the lyrics, which are outdated and out of touch to British society.

'I Vow to Thee My Country' would be my preference, 'Jerusalem' is another good shout.

Phew. I've been saying it for years too. I personally have no axe to grind with monarchy or religion but a lot of people do, and they are immediately disconnected from their own anthem. On top of that I feel we should be singing about our country and ourselves. As you say, it's flat and uninspiring. The Scots and Welsh are able to really get emotional and passionate with their anthems, shed a tear in fact. Ours is just, well, sorry your majesty, but it's just meh!

Roys first choice will be....

Hart

Rose Smalling Cahill Walker

Wilshere, Henderson, Milner,Stirling

Rooney Sturridge

Absolute nonsense, I think you'll see Dier, Kane, Alli and possibly Vardy in there.

I always believed the point of a band was to add to the atmosphere.

All I see now is 11 players on the pitch occasionally putting in some nice play, a band not exactly raising hell and a dwindling number of supporters standing there, depressed with what they are seeing (and have paid for)

The whole thing needs to stop, have a clear out and start again. It'll never happen though.

I think the dwindling number of supporters has a lot to do with the f-ing ridiculous kick off times we now have. I remember going to a few games at 3pm on a Saturday which also gave people outside London the chance to go up and make a day of it.

Now it's all mid-week or in the evening meaning you have to book time off work and/or a hotel.

Yep, the Gerrard thing was ridiculous. His influence came largely from energy and power, covering every bit of the pitch. His weakness was always positional discipline and why when in a midfield 2 his teams were often overrun. He was nothing like Pirlo and never had the tools to do it.

Yet if you say these things people think you're saying they're rubbish and get defensive. Same with Rooney now. He's a good striker, just not as good right now as Kane, Vardy or Sturridge. In the no 10 role we have Alli playing very well and surely Barkley close behind him.

Rooney should have been dropped after South Africa along with the rest of the so called 'golden generation'. They had their chance and it was never going to happen. It really grates on me that he's got that record because he does not deserve it (Just feels like he got an award for attendance) He used to be great and still shows flashes of brilliance but that's long gone now.

There are other, young hungry strikers coming up and they need fame time at international level. All Rooney is doing is denying them that game time. Even if he dropped to midfield he'd just be doing the same to a midfielder.

And yes my option of him will not change even if he scores the winning goal for us in the final of the

Euro's. His time is done.

Rooney should have been dropped after South Africa along with the rest of the so called 'golden generation'. They had their chance and it was never going to happen. It really grates on me that he's got that record because he does not deserve it (Just feels like he got an award for attendance) He used to be great and still shows flashes of brilliance but that's long gone now.

There are other, young hungry strikers coming up and they need fame time at international level. All Rooney is doing is denying them that game time. Even if he dropped to midfield he'd just be doing the same to a midfielder.

And yes my option of him will not change even if he scores the winning goal for us in the final of the

Euro's. His time is done.

Only if the final happens to be against Estonia, San Marino or Luxembourg.

JWP scored from the spot vs Guinea.

When will he score from open play is the question...

I just got back from the game actually. JWP put in a great performance, controlled the midfield. Notable mention to Jack Stephens too who had a great game at right back. Targett also played.

I just got back from the game actually. JWP put in a great performance, controlled the midfield. Notable mention to Jack Stephens too who had a great game at right back. Targett also played.

According to the BBC sport website he was subbed after 40 mins..had a great half then?