Resignations

benjii

Asked for a rise, the boss with a yacht, cars, a big house, successful business told me he could only afford ten bob a week. I told him his need was obviously greater than mine and I'd be leaving next week. I ignored the change of heart and suddenly discovered extra funds and left.

Why did you resign Benji?

Thanks for the Becks..... Didn't need the packet paracetmol that came with :)

Haha! I wondered where that had gone....

I've been offered a job in London in a strong practice and I've been wanting to relocate for a while so it's a good fit. Just need to decide where to live but I've got about three months to think about it.

I've always left past employment on civil terms. You never know if you'll one day need to go back...

Me too. In my industry everyone knows someone that knows you. Isn't a good move to p*ss anyone off too much or leave on bad terms. You'll meet them again somewhen.

Yesterday, I resigned. It was a dignified, humble, almost moving experience. It made me think. I thought, "I bet some of the characters on the forum have some interesting resignation anecdotes".

Was I right?

I don't know all your circumstances so I can't really say whether you have made the right decision or not - but in any case it's your life my friend and only your opinion should count.

What I can say however is that I truly admire the guts it takes to make a decision like this, at a time like now. I've been stuck in a horrible low paid job for a long time now but instead of doing what you have done, the fear of unemployment has made a coward of me - and the only pathetic defence for my failure I can offer is that decisions like this seem to become harder as you get older.

At least they do for me.

I don't know all your circumstances so I can't really say whether you have made the right decision or not - but in any case it's your life my friend and only your opinion should count.

What I can say however is that I truly admire the guts it takes to make a decision like this, at a time like now. I've been stuck in a horrible low paid job for a long time now but instead of doing what you have done, the fear of unemployment has made a coward of me - and the only pathetic defence for my failure I can offer is that decisions like this seem to become harder as you get older.

At least they do for me.

Why dont you go study and become a teacher and get a decent wage with a decent pension?...oh

Why dont you go study and become a teacher and get a decent wage with a decent pension?...oh

Oh trust me I'd be delighted with a teachers pay, a teachers job and any pension. Unfortunately I don't feel the teacher training colleges are crying out for semi knackered 48 year old working men with a peptic ulcer, 5 CSE's and a embarrassing inability to express himself clearly without the assistance of a spell checker.

Oh trust me I'd be delighted with a teachers pay, a teachers job and any pension. Unfortunately I don't feel the teacher training colleges are crying out for semi knackered 48 year old working men with a peptic ulcer, 5 CSE's and a embarrassing inability to express himself clearly without the assistance of a spell checker.

I think you write very well (on here anyway).

I guess the only interesting one I had was when I had, and was responsible for, 50k worth of consultants on site in a 2 week period and left 2 days after they started. To be fair it was an exercise in spending money on stuff we didn't need and I was being made to be a fall guy so I had no qualms about dropping my employer in the sh*t. I had a nice little disagreement about my notice period which I won, and I took what I was entitled to. Thankfully I ended up with a far better and well paid job. Other than that I've left every other job on good terms.