Jump to content

Saint Keef

Members
  • Posts

    803
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Saint Keef

  1. Let's face it, whoever is appointed, there will be a massive split in opinion on this site. The one thing I will say about the last bloke is, we were, with very few exceptions, all in agreement here. We sang in harmony, like a Welsh choir (sorry!) If only there was a manager out there who we'd all love. Whoever comes in there will be those who don't like it for one reason or another, but I can almost guarantee (though nothing is certain) he'll be better than the last one.....what was his name again?
  2. Isn't it the case with pay-offs that if you you get re-employed elsewhere you lose that pay-off? I don't know, but maybe someone here can explain. If that is the case, why would Potter come straight to us and lose what I would imagine, will be be a very substantial pay-off from Chelsea. I agree with those who think Potter would be an ideal fit here, but for reasons said I just don't see it happening......and does he really need to pressures of a nasty relegation scrap....one that probably won't end well.
  3. NATHAN JONES. I am as angry as everyone else, but will try to put this in civil terms. I have genuine sympathy for your family who are apparently Southampton supporters. You are clearly failing badly as our manager, but don't seem to be able to admit it. It must be tearing your family apart, not only having to watch the football you serve up, but also your disturbing behaviour off the pitch and the fact that you are becoming the laughing stock of just about every football fan in this country. I fear for your own mental health. No one denies that managing a premier league club is a tough gig, with the scrutiny you are under. It is made even worse when one is clearly out of their depth. Please do yourself a favour and please do your family a favour and step away. Take your pay-off, go and sit in the sun and reflect on where it all went wrong.
  4. Anyone else see the nice free kick in the Birmingham v West Brom game last night? Really clever. Happens at about 0.35 in this clip.
  5. I think I'm a reasonably intelligent person. I am generally mild mannered and some would even say I'm an "ageing peace loving hippy". I wouldn't argue with them. So can someone on here please explain to me why, whenever I hear Jones speak, I get the urge to punch him (or anything nearby). Right, gotta go, I'm currently sticking pins in my Voodoo Doll.
  6. "Thou shalt not steal"....Take note Nathan, because as far as I can see you are stealing a fucking living at MY football club. I was here a long time before you and hopefully I'll be here a long time after you've gone. So do us all a favour (and judging from your peculiar behaviour - do yourself a favour) and fuck off now. It's ironic that a man purportedly so religious can wind up and anger so many SAINTS!!!! Think about it and do the decent thing.
  7. Corporal Jones! Don't Panic!
  8. When the inevitable happens..... Someone will of course need to be on "airport watch duty" for incoming flights to Southampton, to be on the look out for the likes of...Poch, Bielsa, Lage etc etc etc And someone will need to be on "Bus Stop watch duties" to make sure Jones is leaving.
  9. No need for him to attend the Fans Forum (not that he was attending anyway), because hopefully he won't be our manager by then.
  10. Maybe......just maybe, he won't be around by then???? A shocking performance/result at Brentford and who knows? In saying that, nothing would give me greater pleasure than a Saints win there.
  11. SR have spent heavily (by Saints standards) in this window which is a big gamble by them, on us staying up. And credit to them for that. Makes it even more baffling how/why they appointed Jones. This is only my thought, but personally I reckon he's got 3 games. If we are still in the bottom 3 with no wins after that, then I reckon he's gone. They will thank him for his hard work and he'll be on his way, no doubt blaming the players and the fans as he goes. For me, it's not just his selections and tactics, but the self-righteous, holier than thou, arrogant vibe that I get from him whenever he's interviewed, made worse by the fact that he's actually achieved bugger all. Who they would replace him with at this stage though, I have no idea, but my guess is, they are already looking.....they surely need to protect that investment.
  12. So Everton didn't bring in a single player in the window. Yet they sold Gordon for £45m. No doubt Sean Dyche will have been briefed as to what he should say when asked about the lack of transfers in, but I really wonder if he was told that nobody would be coming in when he took the job. Time will tell of course, but as windows go, I feel it was one of the better ones for SAINTS. Not so long ago we would have had to sell JWP (or half a dozen of the others) just to bring in those two players today.
  13. McCoys bacon crisps are the worst for repeating on me. McCoys bacon crisps are the worst for repeating on me. McCoys bacon crisps are the worst for repeating on me.
  14. I want his name on my replica shirt.
  15. It looks as though the new signings will certainly line-up next to each other........along the bench.
  16. If you take out Saturdays, Friday nights, Sundays, and midweek games, we don't concede any goals.
  17. I'm no expert here, but one thing I will say in SR's favour is, it is not so long ago that we were having to wait to sell a player before we could buy anyone. Now we seem to have some money to buy players - not in the Saudi type proportions, but enough to get us out of trouble if we get the right players in. Under Gao's regime, I feel we would have been doomed by now and having to sell JWP, KWP, Lavia or whoever to get new blood in.
  18. Depending on other results, 3 points could well move us out of the bottom three. Incentive enough one would think......hope. West Ham v Everton. Man City v Wolves. Leeds v Brentford. Bournemouth v Forest. Leicester v Brighton. Palace v Newcastle. Some difficult ties there for our nearest rivals.
  19. Maybe Villa will let us have Ings if, and only if, we agree to take Bednarek back with no questions asked!
  20. Undeniably, last night was a very bright light in an otherwise season of pretty much doom and gloom. A number of theories have been floated as to why that performance was chalk and cheese compared with other recent performances. Just a thought I've been mulling over, that in addition to everything else that has been mentioned as to why that was, the fact that we have signed two highly rated players this week, and with the possibility of more to follow, the players out there last night automatically raise their game (perhaps even subconsciously), knowing there will be more competition for places, and as well as to impress the manager, they are also impressing their new "highly-rated" colleagues. New signings can give the whole place a lift as well as the fan base. I would think Orsic and Alcaraz would have both watched last night and in their respective languages thought, "Blimey, this lot ain't too bad". That's my third post so I can't respond to any replies and/or theories today.
  21. Agree. I got the impression Ralph didn't seem to warm to Mara, or maybe vice-versa, but who knows, a new manager, a different style, new confidence in the player, may just be the boost he needed. I do hope so. However, I just hope the club don't take their eye off the ball in respect of getting a proven striker in, thinking that based on one (admittedly very well taken) goal, Mara is our ready-made answer. Here's to a few more goals from him though!
  22. Saint Keef

    Lyanco

    Grealish clearly doesn't like us. If you remember he had that "spat" with Romeu not so long ago. My guess is, Lyanco was told to carry on the good work of Romeu and wind him up. 🤣 It obviously worked because Grealish, who was pretty ineffective throughout, was hooked not long afterwards. I was really impressed with Lyanco last night and I think Calleta-Car deserves a big mention too, he seemed to instill a certain calmness around him which probably helps Lyanco. Apart from his early error, Salisu seemed to cope better with Calleta-Car in there.
  23. Love this song. My Dad took me to the cinema to see this film (Paint Your Wagon)when I was a kid and so it always reminds me of my Dad when I hear it. Anyway, here's my attempt at re-wording it. I was born, under a Saints halo I was born, under a Saints halo Do you know what Hell is? Hell is just a name They could have called it Portsmouth (Pompey?) 'Cos it looks the fucking same I was born, under a Saints halo Southampton, you're my team. My work here is done.
  24. Mike Dean on VAR............say no more
  25. Not saying it will happen, but wouldn't it be good if AA's goal kick-starts his season, and gives him the confidence to go on and score a few more. That in itself would be like a new signing. Fair play to the lad for chasing that ball down causing the Palace keeper to f*** up.
×
×
  • Create New...