Jump to content

Saint Keef

Members
  • Posts

    803
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Saint Keef

  1. Why do I think it might go something like this.......very similar punchline to so many others.? Mislav Orsic He's from Croatia He's a Saint And a Pompey Hater.
  2. I'm absolutely dreading what's going to happen once the "new manager BOUNCE" is over.
  3. I agree with those who say the players are partly to blame. HOWEVER, and it is a big HOWEVER, as a group of players they are seriously low on confidence and have been for some time. Obviously the system that Ralph was trying to drill into them wasn't working and, as a group, they could see it wasn't working and the confidence started draining out of them as week after week results were going against them. In effect, (and these are only my thoughts) they lost confidence in the system and in Ralph himself. Ralph persisted with his methods and things deteriorated further. Eventually, Ralph's tenure had run its course and in effect, I believe, he had "lost the dressing room". Ralph had to go. What the players needed, was a new man. A new manager. Someone with new ideas. A fresh start. But most importantly, someone who would inspire them. Bring back the confidence and the feel-good factor. Someone with a track record to be proud of, either in management, or as a player, or even both. Someone who would come in and have the immediate respect from the players for his previous achievements. Someone with an air of authority and confidence about them. (This all may be spouting the bleeding obvious I know). The problem is, we get Nathan Jones. Immediately the players will say, "Well, what has he done?".......indeed, very similar to what all the fans were/are saying. And they are right. He has (as far as I know) no top-flight playing experience. No achievements in management. No Premier League experience at all. On the contrary, his only effort with a club who could be classed as similar in size/status to Saints, (Stoke City?) he was an abject failure. We know that. The players know that. My guess is, the players DO NOT and DID NOT want him there from the outset, so he is unlikely to get a decent tune out of them. I know as supporters, we don't get given the full picture, but really, WTF were they thinking of in hiring him. As I say, I've probably stated the bleeding obvious, and someone will no doubt kindly point that out to me, but I needed to say it......just to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening Doctor!
  4. SR. ADMIT YOUR MISTAKE AND GET RID OF NJ NOW!
  5. I seem to recall singing this in my youth....many years ago. Probably during the Don Revie era at Leeds. I grant you, lyrically, it's not the strongest song ever, but very easy to remember. To "The Dam Busters" tune....... "We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds, Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds, and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds, WE ALL F**CKIN' HATE LEEDS" A Classic of its time!
  6. I remember "Eddie Howe's Newcastle" and indeed "Eddie Howe's Bournemouth" employing the same time-wasting tactics against us in recent times. So perhaps it should now be officially known as "EDDIE SHIT-HOWE-SERY".
  7. I know time is not on our side, but if we can hang on with NJ for another couple of weeks, we may find Graham Potter suddenly becomes available.
  8. I see Swindon have signed a proven goal scorer. Premier League experience. Someone who never has a bad word to say about Saints and the Saints fans absolutely love him. Wake Up Board!!! Why weren't we all over this? His name of course,......... is Charlie Austin. Also, Andy Carroll scored for Reading in the week and again tonight. His loan spell with them is due to end. Come on Board, you know it makes sense. What a twin strike partnership that would be, putting fear into every defence they come up against. I know it sounds like a 1950's motor car, but Austin Carroll has a ring about it. Would suit NJ's apparent long ball game as well and between them they would surely save us. Get it done. 🤣 (before anyone jumps down my throat.....it's a joke)
  9. City's fixture congestion around our game looks interesting though. 5th Jan - Away to Chelsea - Premier League 8th Jan - Home to Chelsea - FA Cup 10th Jan - Away to Saints - EFL Cup 14th Jan - Away to Man Utd - Premier League. In terms of overall "importance" to them, I would suggest ours is the least important. Just trying to spread a little cheer on here.
  10. Saint Keef

    Che Adams

    If I remember rightly (which isn't much of a guarantee I know) he "assisted" in a few of Danny Ings' goals. I do remember a couple of delightful through balls to Ings completely wrong footing the defence and Ings duly slotted them away. (Can't remember who each one was against). If we can get someone similar alongside him I think it could pay dividends. Everyone seems to agree, his strength and hold-up play is very good, it's just the finishing.
  11. Here we go, here we go, here we.....Oh Bollocks.
  12. I agree with you guys. My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. He did struggle a bit in the premier league, but I always felt he gave everything when he did play and no doubting his loyalty and his dignity when he left. I hope we can agree he was still better than Wesley Hoedt......🤣 Good luck to Yoshi, he certainly deserved the plaudits last night..
  13. I know it's been mentioned earlier but just to endorse my congratulations to Maya Yoshida. He was absolutely immense at the heart of the Japan defence tonight. The cameras followed him at the end of the game so they obviously thought the same. If only we had him at Southampton........Oh! Good luck to him in the next round.
  14. Watching this World Cup is a bit like watching The History of Saints Centre Backs. Unless I have missed any I think the following have worn Saints shirts whether on loan or permanent at some stage. SALISU (Ghana), BELLA-KOTCHAP (Germany - not sure he has played in the WC yet, but is certainly on the bench), VAN DIJK (Netherlands), ALDERWEIRELD (Netherlands), YOSHIDA (Japan), CACERES (Uruguay - did he ever play a first team Saints game?). LOVREN (Croatia). Other ex-Saints players there - either permanent or on loan......SHAW (England), BALE (Wales), HOJBJERG (Denmark), TADIC (Serbia), BOUFAL (Morocco), MINAMINO (Japan). It's a pity Sadio Mane didn't make the trip - that would have been a half-decent line-up lacking only a right back and a goalkeeper as far as I can see. I'm aghast and indeed astounded that Wesley Hoedt isn't there......🤣 No doubt someone on here with a greater knowledge/memory than I, will find one or more others. Have I missed anyone?
  15. Having watched Japan today, one of their defenders, Yoshida I think his name is, looked very useful. I'd take a punt on him. HCDAJFU. Being serious, I'm delighted for him. He was a good servant for the Saints and left with dignity. On the other hand, having watched Belgium, Toby looks like he's well past his sell by date. Canada bossed that game and were only let down by their finishing. I must admit I'm enjoying watching these so called "lesser" teams up against these "Big Boys".
  16. I think Qatar is a bloody marvelous country. Glorious weather. Tasty food. Lots of lovely sand. Great oil. Very friendly......and uhhh......super glorious weather. Really nice yummy food and their brilliant envelopes are full of lovely cash.........and the law and order there, is to die for! I won't hear a single word said against Qatar. Bloody great place. I await my free ticket and all expenses. Many thanks.
  17. 🤣🤣🤣 I just tried to go on the official Southampton FC 'live' website to see if there is any news. Unless it's my computer, the site seems to be down - with the words (and I quote) "SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG". You're telling me it has!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣
  18. I'll probably be at home singing quietly to myself, to the tune of Sweet Caroline.... SWEET QATARLINE (Da Da Da) YOUR CORRUPTION TAKES THE PISS I FEEL INCLINED (Da Da Da) TO GIVE YOUR TOURNAMENT A MISS (Repeat ad nauseam)
  19. Romeu was a brilliant and loyal servant for us, who never gave less than 100%. At his age he deserved whatever move he wanted and it was good to see the club didn't stand in his way. He left with dignity and I am grateful for the years we had him. Of course the Lavia injury has been very unfortunate and AMN has taken a while to get going. For me though, Diallo is not the answer. Lyanco is a bit of a loose cannon, but he does have skill, can put in a tackle and his distribution is as good as Diallo's and I wonder whether he would be an option in that role. Anyway - just thoughts
  20. Blimey! The dugouts must be enormous!
  21. I'm actually wondering if Ralph has had enough. He doesn't look happy. He won't want to walk away of his own volition because he won't get any compensation. He has already intimated he will retire soon. It's almost like he's waiting to be sacked, collect his compensation - meaning he'll probably never have to work again and then disappear from the whole football scene into retirement. Unless I misheard him before tonight's match, he said something like his players don't need motivating. Well I've got news for you Ralph - they do!!!! And with his whole current demeanor, I'm not sure he has actually got it in him to motivate them. From someone who has until now, wanted to keep Ralph, I'm afraid it's time for a new face, new ideas and a fresh approach 'cos whatever he's doing ain't working. The team and he, look completely bereft of ideas.
  22. By paying to watch that Saints team tonight, in a way you are actually giving to charity. Tonight, all proceeds will go the CFBS. (Criminally F*cking Bewildered Society)
  23. Dreadful. Did we actually have a shot? Did their keeper make one save? I don't recall one. I have always been in the "Keep Ralph" camp, because I think stability pays off eventually, but I am seriously thinking his time is now up. I really can't see him taking us any further forward. That performance was on a par with the Pellegrino era. The only bright spark was Larios who didn't look overawed at all.
  24. Physio table for me please. I think I just tweaked a calf muscle going from my living room to the kitchen to put the kettle on.
  25. You appear to be missing one of the Armstrongs.
×
×
  • Create New...