Jump to content

Saint Keef

Members
  • Posts

    803
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Saint Keef

  1. Congratulations to Boreham Wood for beating the "biggest" team on he south coast. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Changing subject - Well played Nottingham Forest too. I popped over to the Leicester "Foxes Talk" Forum. They definitely think Brendan Rodgers has lost the dressing room and want him out. Vestergaard gets quite a few mentions as their worst signing ever.........and he didn't even play yesterday. They say whoever sanctioned his signing should be sacked. I have to say, without Vardy (as much as I dislike him) they don't look a great outfit and one wonders where they would have been and what they would have achieved without his goals for the past few seasons. And Maddison.....Mr Billy Big Bollocks.....undoubtedly a talented footballer, but to me, his attitude stinks and I actually think we dodged a bullet by not signing him him. It makes me wonder, when they got Bertrand (on a free) and paid big money for Vestergaard, why they didn't also buy Wesley Hoedt for £25m at the same time. I think they missed a trick there. 😉 In seriousness I do find it odd that they signed two defenders (half of the back four) that leaked so many goals last season. My prediction: Brendan will be the next Prem manager to go......
  2. I feel a new "anthem" maybe in order for Oriol Romeu. Would love to hear the Northam singing this....not just when we play Man City, but whenever. To the tune of "This old man, he played one, he played nik-nak on my thumb, with a nik-nak paddy whack give the dog a bone.........etc". I'm sure OR would appreciate it. OR-I-OL RO-ME-U OWNS JACK GREALISH DON'T YOU KNOW WITH A NIK-NAK WHACK A JACK HE GAVE THE C**T A COMB AND TOLD JACK GREALISH TO F**K OFF HOME. 🎵 There.....I feel better for that.
  3. Gosh. What terrible news. That really puts everything into perspective. My thoughts are with you and your family Minsk. My very best wishes. You will always be a Saint. Peace & Love.
  4. I can't help thinking. if I was a Newcastle fan, with all that supposed wealth, I would be slightly underwhelmed at the signings of Chris Wood, Matt Targett, Kieren Trippier and Dan Burn. The Brazilian Bruno Guimaraes looks like he might be ok, but as yet unproven in the Premier league. They will all take time to bed in to a new system as well. Eddie Howe's has a history of squandering decent money so it remains to be seen, but hopefully (from our prospective) it'll be an abject failure. And of those signings, how many of those would get into the current Saints starting line-up. Guimaraes possibly? Trippier over KWP or Livramento - I don't think so. Wood over Broja - no way, Dan Burn over Beds, Lyanco or Salisu - Definitely not the latter, and Targett over Perraud - not for me.
  5. Haha. Newcastle obviously trying to buy him before we play them. They really are trying everything to avoid us aren't they. Come on Eddie, don't be scared - we'd love to see you.
  6. I'm not sure he's captain material. Never seems to be particularly vocal. He just seems to go out there, puts his head down and gets on with the job he's paid to do and I have to say he does it really well. He never gives less than 100%. He's a brilliant asset to the club and is probably one of the longest serving members of the current squad now. My guess is, he and JWP are probably the first names on the team sheet every week. Personally I think we are very lucky to have him. We missed him terribly when he got injured at Leeds last year. There again, if JWP was to leave, I guess he could become captain.......at a "pinch". OH YESSSS!
  7. I'm not sure Roy Hodgson needs the aggro does he? He must be financially comfortable already. He left Palace with a good degree of respect and is generally well thought of in football. I don't see he's got much to gain from going through the managerial revolving door at Watford except perhaps another pay off in a few months time when they decide to get another manager.
  8. You were probably in his "Meet of the week" 😀
  9. Armstrong v Laporte - the Monty Python version.
  10. Let's just face it. Grealish is an all round utter tosser and so far, his big move hasn't worked. I remember when we played Villa last year, the whole conversation on the concourse at half-time was about him, and what a wanker he is. Changing the subject, make the most of Salisu whilst we have him, because if he carries on playing like he is......we ain't gonna have him for long. The man is a beast. He and Lyanco could become a very formidable duo. In saying that I thought Bednarek was very good yesterday, but once he got booked, Ralf did the right thing in hooking him off to protect the defence with Lyanco. Great performance all round. To have played an "on fire" City team twice this season and not lost is quite something. Bring them on in the FA Cup Final!
  11. But hang on a minute. I've paid for the Amazon Transfer Players Prime so I expect them to be delivered within 24 hours. If not, I will be writing you a very stern letter indeed.
  12. How come when we are hoping to buy a player, time seems to move much more slowly than when we are waiting for another team to snap up one of our top players?😬
  13. Hasn't someone got a bloody builder at the moment, who knows someone, who knows someone else, who is fairly close to the woman (or guy) who walks one of the players dogs (not sure which player) so we can find out exactly what is occurring?
  14. Hey Mickey - thanks for posting that. What a great watch. I reckon yesterday's free kick probably added another £10m to his value, just in case anyone's thinking of knocking on our door for him. He's a Saints Legend!
  15. I think Rafa is doing a really good job at Ev.........oh hang on.......he's been sacked. He was a dead-man walking from the moment he went there. They need to change those dugouts for revolving doors.
  16. I agree, although in some people's eyes Potter is an absolute 'wizard'......and with that beard he should be called.....wait for it......Hairy Potter. 🤣 It's alright....I'm getting my coat.
  17. Yeh, but if Newcastle come a knocking these days, you just multiply the market value by seven. They can have JWP for £280m.......nah......call it £300m
  18. Great game between Chelsea & Liverpool although I do believe Mane was lucky not to see red after 6 seconds. However sometimes I do feel that someone needs to say to Thomas 'The Tantrum' Tuchel...... "Thomas, go and sit on the naughty step until you've calmed down".
  19. One of the greatest football songs of all time (probably from the 70's if I recall) surely has to be the legendary and lyrically brilliant..... "We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds, Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds, and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds, WE ALL FUCKIN' HATE LEEDS"
  20. Yes MLG, I know.....I was being ironic. But never mind. I should have realised it wouldn't pass the "pedantic test".
  21. Touchel is coming across as a real whinging tosser. Changing the subject slightly - Chelsea have just announced losses of £145.6 million! They could easily get £10 million of that back straight away........by selling us Broja. Come on Chelski, you know it makes sense!
  22. Serious question. We used to get flu epidemics, usually in winter. I can honestly say I don't know of anyone personally, who has had flu in the past two years. Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else on here know of any actual flu cases? I don't recall games being postponed because of flu.
  23. Can anyone help me please? I am trying to find the resident "Ralph Bashers" that come on here, week in - week out. They didn't seem to be around on Boxing Day evening and they are very quiet again this evening. Has something happened to them? I do hope the're alright. Must be a tough time for them. Enjoy it - 4 points from the two, potentially very tough "festive" games so far. I would have taken that at the start. Great second half defensive display today. Well done to the whole team......Oh, and Ralph too.
  24. My money is on our game with Newcastle being postponed. Eddie Howe already saying he is dangerously close to not being able to field a team. I wonder how closely monitored these Covid results are. It would suit them to have a couple go down with Covid now, call it off, buy some time, get a few players fit and buy a few quality players, before they play Everton, Saints, Watford & Leeds. Just saying.
  25. Just sitting here surmising with nothing better to do.......how about, if Stu Armstrong does want away? Wants to go back to Scotland? Highly unlikely that a former Celtic player would end up at Rangers I know, but a swap with this Joe Aribo lad reported above. Maybe? Or would Tottenham (spit) be interested in Stu?.......maybe in exchange for an unsettled Dele Ali. Also unlikely, but just surmising. Go on then.....shoot me down in flames.
×
×
  • Create New...