-
Posts
12755 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Holmes_and_Watson
-
Misdemeanor
-
You know it mocks sense. Makes sense. I mean makes sense.
-
Who was the last signing that genuinely got you excited?
Holmes_and_Watson replied to Midfield_General's topic in The Saints
Emphasis there. -
There will be some nervousness, but Stephens' leadership at the back steadies us, and we see it through.
-
1 -0 to us. They push up, to put pressure on us, only to be undone with a couple of incisive passes and a AA goal.
-
From fullfact "During the 2019 general election campaign, the Labour Party registered donations of £5.4 million, of which just over £5 million came from trade unions. It also received £160,000 from individuals and £200,000 from companies. By comparison, the Conservative Party registered donations of £19.3 million, of which £13.2 million came from individuals and £5.9 million came from companies. No funding was received from trade unions." Basically, whichever one is in power will look out for the people/ unions that paid donations to help them get there. Much of the rest of the time is looking out for those they are told to, or for their future careers (whether from donations to their own campaigns or relating to jobs they get along the way in government). During the campaign, I heard a couple of union interviews, where they tried to be coy, but we're salivating at the thought of their upcoming negotiation. A representative in a recent dispute (quite possibly junior doctors) was saying that the bumper deal on offer, really wasn't a good deal. It was just the start, and they'd be looking for the rest of their lost pay since the financial crash in due course. For balance, the head of a train drivers union said something like "Yes. We do try to get the best deal for our members. That's what everyone else should have been doing."
-
From all the posts of him having iffy injuries and not pulling his weight as we got relegated. They just assumed he didn't have one. 🙂
-
Strayed into 5 live, who are devoting a programme to their double promotion. I've not been listening closely, but Aaronson (accused of not trying by tator) and Bamford at fault for Leeds conceding twice. Farke making 5 subs, as they nearly concede a third. Tators mentioned the continued clear out.
-
That will haunt her forever. And that's just fine.
-
And on the seventh day, he rested. Put his feet up with a big bag of crisps and watched the football.
-
More links than a decent sized butchers, at this time of the season.
-
Russ is sitting there, frustrated, thinking "it better not be like that window at Swansea, when we got nothing done." 🙂
-
You could have a nice wine with it. That's quite refined. 🙂 Now, I shall read on , as I was a bit surprised to see normal spuds there.
-
A cheat code for a championship manager. Exactly what Russ said about... Flynn Downes! ....rats...back to the drawing board...
-
We'll look back on Nathan as a calm sea of reason in the hype storm of the PL. 🙂
-
Perjury
-
Was that an invite only thing at some point? I'm an early abandoner of things like like twitter. But I think I got an invite a year or two back. Insert ACME gag about thst being blue sky thinking on my part.
-
Access
-
I thought after Baz's striker exploits, a Lumley McCarthy front 2, was the way forward. The true evolution of total football.
-
Martin plays a much more fluid system than this though. Stephens will move through all positions, during the game. It would be madness to just keep him in goal and deprive us of his striking ability.
-
Who was the last signing that genuinely got you excited?
Holmes_and_Watson replied to Midfield_General's topic in The Saints
Probably the two signings that taught me to do a bit of digging and get a grip. I couldn't get past that they'd been part of a relegated defence. Both were really good for us, Telfer in particular. Loads of other folk were telling me that they were going to be good aquisitions, but I wasn't for listening at first. Mind you, I was still sniffy about Scottish Premiership signings for quite a while... I was pleased when we got Le Saux, Lambert, Tadic, Ripley, Osman (the hair), Wright... -
Word
-
Song
-
Dying
-
Fire
