Jump to content

Holmes_and_Watson

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    12,747
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Holmes_and_Watson

  1. Just been told that his new goal scorer will be Shane Long. 🙂
  2. I'm generally a bit skeptical about that sort of statement from Ralph. When tight resources gave us a small squad, he wanted a small squad. Yet when injuries hit and the depth was poor, it was a larger one. When the club's plan is to nab players about to break through from top academies, he wants to focus on youth players. I'm sure if the club's plan brought in Modric, Ronaldo, Messi and Lewandowski, he'd not find it against his footballing principles. 🙂
  3. Is that a platoon in your fatigues, or are you just pleased to be on the front line? 🙂
  4. Perhaps California resident Nick Clegg could inspire, although not lead, a liberally democratic movement that would heal the divides in both our nations. 🙂
  5. Just finding the correct contact number through the maze of FAQs, smart yet thick automated question screens, web chat that doesn't work and contact us pages that go back to one of the above.
  6. Alex Crook has said JWP is not going anywhere. So, that's a definite.
  7. I stopped being apprehensive about relegated players when we brought in Paul Telfer and Paul Williams under Strachan.
  8. The fewer abortions, the more people. The more people, the more available targets in your NRA encouraged killing spree. 🙂
  9. Nope. Only unless he wanted to leave and it was affecting his performances.
  10. The NRA are now working on a method of arming the embryos against abortionists. 🙂
  11. Sweeney Whelk: Demon barber of St Mary's. In unrelated news, Saint win an award for best pies in Britain 🙂 I generally prefer ale, having drank lager before. But some of that is finding ales I like and trying new ones out. Like whiskey, what I thought I'd like isn't what I ended up liking. There's a number of pubs near me that have the same ale, and it's not great. So happy enough to have some lager then. Regardless of the drink, it helps to have something you like and not bore people senseless with your reasoning behind it. 🙂
  12. Oh wait, you said ilk... 🙂 I imagine we're actively pursuing another CB. Any of Salisu, Bednarak or Stephens could be on their way. If Simeu can make the step up next season, then great. If not, then we may need another signing. The pathway means we'd be selling in the future too, so Simeu can still progress here, even if it takes a bit longer.
  13. Seconds away from posting that 😁 Manners
  14. Another good thing about both having the resources to bring new faces in, and the team to get deals over the line early, is that it puts some pressure on the players who we are now looking to move on. They will see the new, preferred, faces coming into their positions. They will see their minutes vanish. They are perhaps that bit more likely to push their agents for a move. We can then thank them for their service and hope for a better season ahead.
×
×
  • Create New...