Jump to content

Matthew Le God

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    31617
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Matthew Le God

  1. If it were left to many Saints fans we wouldn't have been signing players with profiles like Gaston Ramirez and Dejan Lovren. Given the number of man hours in the Saints recruitment department it isn't exactly time consuming to make enquiries for a player. If you don't ask, you don't get.
  2. Yes, and I have now failed the Turing test.
  3. By putting them on a building in Western Europe?
  4. You don't know unless you ask and asking isn't particularly time consuming.
  5. A 60/40 split isn't huge.
  6. Should we start a campaign for that kit then? After all you think that was the first Saints kit and you can't get more traditional than that. Those wanting stripes are merely doing so because in their lifetimes that is what they associate with the club.
  7. So why in 2010 did we celebrate the 125 anniversary? Yes, the name is different in 1885, but it is the same club.
  8. So the club you support wasn't formed in 1885?
  9. Why stripes? Why not follow through this logic and demand the 1885 sash returns? Any deviation from a club's original kit is a break from "tradition".
  10. This thread was started last summer, when Umbro were the kit suppliers.
  11. I knew you were joking.
  12. Looks like QPR are missing out on £20m... http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/280613-cisse-departs-884736.aspx
  13. "Come on you Saints" We've had non yellow away kits on numerous occasions, including black ones as recently as the League One promotion season.
  14. The Daily Echo also claim in that article that Federico Arias is Ecuadorian (he is from Argentina). So not the most reliable of Daily Echo articles.
  15. That apparent leak photo is not an Adidas training top, that is an Adidas kit template. Bristol City are using the same one for their home shirt.
  16. Saints sash = 1885 Peru sash = 1936
  17. As I haven't seen him play enough, I'm leaving him as he came to me from the Swiss research team. But yes, from the admittedly little I've seen of him I think he looks promising.
  18. You'd prefer Guly Do Prado to come on ahead of Mayuka?
  19. I'd imagine Mayuka will be ahead of Guly for the striker role next season.
  20. Linked with him again today... http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-news-frickson-erazo-2002164
  21. What is your definition of a traditional kit?
  22. I like a red/white shirt (although doesn't have to be stripes and variations from year to year) and I quite like it with black shorts and white socks. Other teams in the same period managed to wear blue shorts without a problem.
  23. The badge isn't straight because the material folds.
  24. The logic to that doesn't really work. In 1955 Southampton had black shorts and red/white socks for 5 years and the 59 years before that were blue. There is a change point, like there was for Leeds United in the 1960's and Crystal Palace in the 1970's, for Saints it appears to be 2012.
  25. I want a return to the blue socks and blue shorts we had for consecutive 59 years! Now that is a "traditional Saints kit"! What is tradition really...? - If we were Leeds fans would you be demanding they got rid of the all white kit they've only had since the 1960's? - If we were Crystal Palace fans would you be demanding they got rid of the rd/blue and eagle kit they've only had since the 1970's? etc etc
×
×
  • Create New...